Best Bacon Hack I've found...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...to make oven baked perfect bacon without buying anything special to make it, limited mess and ease of clean up.

Set your oven to 400 degree.

Get out a cookie sheet and aluminum foil.

Line the cookie sheet, then fold a second full length sheet in half, then like an accordion (if you use heavy duty foil, no need to double it up).

20160402_130642.jpg

Lay them out on the cookie sheet in the best configuration for cooking the most bacon strips.

20160402_130711.jpg

Add the bacon like so...

20160402_131124.jpg

I put the pan on the second shelf down, about a foot from the top burner. It took 15 minutes in five minute increments, rotating the pan 180 degrees at the end of each.

20160402_135606.jpg

20160402_135944.jpg

Made the best, crispy, tender, melt-in-your-mouth bacon with the least amount of fuss that I've made at home. :thup:

You could likely use a wire rack of some kind, but this is completely wash free...not even the cookie sheet is dirty. It also makes it very easy to pour the rendered bacon grease thru a coffee filter to save it for other uses.

Not my original idea...found it on a food-hack website I subscribe to.

Last edited:
I'm a purist. I fry my bacon in a cast iron skillet. It's great and I see no reason to change it. Thanks for the interesting rid bit though. Anything that promotes bacon.
I'm even more of a purist, I eat my bacon......... :eusa_whistle:

:D

I use the Hormel "Black Label" Microwave bacon.

A quick 2:30 seconds on high - comes out perfect every time- no greasy cleanup- keeps the wife very happy. Happy wife, happy life!!

GetFile.aspx

I buy it for $6.99 and it has 4 individual servings of 4 pieces each- works out to $1.75 each serving. Well worth it to keep the redhead happy!

...to make oven baked perfect bacon without buying anything special to make it, limited mess and ease of clean up.

Line the cookie sheet, then fold a second full length sheet in half, then like an accordion (if you use heavy duty foil, no need to double it up).

View attachment 69859

Lay them out on the cookie sheet in the best configuration for cooking the most bacon strips.

View attachment 69872

Add the bacon like so...

View attachment 69861

I put the pan on the second shelf down, about a foot from the top burner. It took 15 minutes in five minute increments, rotating the pan 180 degrees at the end of each.

View attachment 69862

View attachment 69863

Made the best, crispy, tender, melt-in-your-mouth bacon with the least amount of fuss that I've made at home. :thup:

You could likely use a wire rack of some kind, but this is completely wash free...not even the cookie sheet is dirty. It also makes it very easy to pour the rendered bacon grease thru a coffee filter to save it for other uses.

Not enough photos!!!

Heather_bacon.JPG

View attachment 69859

View attachment 69872

Add the bacon like so...

View attachment 69861

View attachment 69862

View attachment 69863

I weave the bacon like this.

Pintesting-Basket-Weave-Bacon-BLT-Cooked.png

Forum List

Back