best 60's songs/albums

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
we start with the sophisticated close-harmony pop, exquisitely orchestrated Wrecking Crew brilliance of The Mammas and The Pappas

• Banned
the big singles "Let It Rock" & "Bye Bye Johnny" played Berry's familiar cards, skedaddling guitar & teen-targeting wordplay. "Worried Life Blues" or "Confessin' The Blues" are both gorgeous lolloping lilts, with Berry at his soulful best

This one...no question.
upload_2019-2-22_6-45-35.jpeg

"Days of Future Passed" - The Moody Blues

The Day Begins
Dawn - Dawn Is A Feeling
The Morning - Another Morning
Lunch Break - Peak Hour
The Afternoon - Forever Afternoon (Tuesday!) - Time To Get Away
Evening - The Sun Set - Twilight Time
The Night - Nights In White Satin

Don't get me wrong, I love American musicians, though during the 60's British rockers and blues-men were making sounds that in my opinion were beyond remarkable.

While there are hours and hours of great music collections of all genres composed during the 60s, Let It Bleed, played thru headphones is my go-to collection when I'm in the mood to tune out the world.

As for singles...

Long John Baldry ... Don't Try To Lay No Boogie-Woogie On The King Of Rock and Roll

Long John Baldry Band 'Flying'

Long John Baldry - Walk me out in the morning dew

In 1971 I spent an evening at CW Post College's Tilles Hall witnessing LJB, J. Geils, Al Cooper and their talented band members proving to young me musicians make the world go round...at least my world. :)

Peace.

The Rolling Stones- Street Fighting Man

"In this version there is edited in different footage with partial overdub audio to make a complete performance."

If I was in a time machine, Altamont 1969 would be my first stop before heading further back to witness the BIG BANG.

Essentially traveling from one Big Bang to another. LOL!

Peace.

I'm pretty certain this album was an early contributor to me experiencing 20-30% hearing loss in both ears. Oh well.

Lee Michaels - Lee Michaels 1969 (full album)

Peace.

The greatest rock and roll song of all time from the greatest rock and roll band in the world:

Forum List

Back