Bernie Sanders supporters are broke

Bernie Sanders Supporters: Short on Cash, Big on Time
But Tuesday was different. Tuesday was the night that Senator Bernie Sanders would, as the pundits described it, introduce himself to America at the Democratic primary debate. And nearly 250 people came out to the Dupont Circle bar to watch his turn onstage—people who’d kicked $5 and $10 occasionally to his campaign in support, but more often dedicated hours of their lives to his campaign
The rest of the Sanders supporters interviewed donated much smaller amounts—$5 here, $10 there, or however much money it took to purchase a T-shirt “so that I could show my support for him as often as possible,” said Alex Atkins, a student at the Georgetown Law Center who started a pro-Sanders club on campus. (He wore the shirt in question—bright green with a graphic rendition of Sanders’s glasses and trademark wild hair—under his corduroy blazer.)

I see this 2 ways.
1. it is fuckin ironic :rofl:
2. he is supported by common folk. I would like to think common folk would appreciate work and such more than free shit and no military.
Which is why they are supporting him. You missed the entire point.

CY3nfy-W8AAtQAz.jpg

Well, DUHHHHH!

Of course Nutty Old Uncle Bernie's supporters are broke! That's why they want him elected - 'cause he promises them free stuff without even the bother of smashing shop windows to get it!

Is there a sudden outbreak of RCD (reading comprehension disorder) amongst us?

People with money have money for a reason. People that don't have money, don't have money for a reason. It's all about decision making. The people that are poor at making decisions tend to be poor. This isn't rocket science.

And there are people who work hard and make good decisions who are still broke. They are the majority...sadly. What you did is simply prove there is NO such thing as the american dream. Thank you.

The Sanders campaign raised $1.4 million in a single day recently. No super-PAC money. Neither he nor his supporters are "broke"; they're just not beholden to large contributors.

Must drive y'all crazy.

Here is why Sanders won't talk about funding his little (or grand) scheme. Brutal, just brutal

For decades, liberal activists yearned for a European-style, single-payer health system that they argued would lead to more affordable, efficient, and comprehensive medical coverage for all citizens. When Vermont four years ago enacted a landmark bill to establish the nation’s first single-payer health care system, they saw their long-sought dream about to be fulfilled.
But reality hit last month. Governor Peter Shumlin released a financial report that showed the cost of the program would nearly double the size of the state’s budget in the first year alone and require large tax increases for residents and businesses. Shumlin, a Democrat and long-time single-payer advocate, said he would not seek funding for the law, effectively tabling the program called Green Mountain Care.

Costs derail Vermont’s single-payer health plan - The Boston Globe

More.....

The numbers were stunning. To implement single-payer, the analysis showed, it would cost $4.3 billion in 2017, with Vermont taxpayers picking up $2.6 billion and the federal government covering the rest. To put the figures into perspective, Vermont’s entire fiscal 2015 budget, including both state and federal funds, is about $4.9 billion.

Bernie Sanders Supporters: Short on Cash, Big on Time
But Tuesday was different. Tuesday was the night that Senator Bernie Sanders would, as the pundits described it, introduce himself to America at the Democratic primary debate. And nearly 250 people came out to the Dupont Circle bar to watch his turn onstage—people who’d kicked $5 and $10 occasionally to his campaign in support, but more often dedicated hours of their lives to his campaign
The rest of the Sanders supporters interviewed donated much smaller amounts—$5 here, $10 there, or however much money it took to purchase a T-shirt “so that I could show my support for him as often as possible,” said Alex Atkins, a student at the Georgetown Law Center who started a pro-Sanders club on campus. (He wore the shirt in question—bright green with a graphic rendition of Sanders’s glasses and trademark wild hair—under his corduroy blazer.)

I see this 2 ways.
1. it is fuckin ironic :rofl:
2. he is supported by common folk. I would like to think common folk would appreciate work and such more than free shit and no military.
946442_1099117910100670_1815624153473541056_n.jpg

The RWers are giving up and resorting to Photoshops earlier than usual, I see.

He's only 2 percentage points behind Trump, with the millionaire class

View attachment 60134

The new GOP favorite of the rich: CNBC survey

Wow, look at that. hillary, supposedly the warrior of the middle class, is THE favorite candidate of the one percenters. Who knew?

The rich like free trade and immigrant labor, apparently :dunno:
Wrong.
The rich like crony capitalism and gov't bailouts. That's why they tend to be Democrats.

Forum List

Back