Bernie Sanders supporters are broke

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Bernie Sanders Supporters: Short on Cash, Big on Time
But Tuesday was different. Tuesday was the night that Senator Bernie Sanders would, as the pundits described it, introduce himself to America at the Democratic primary debate. And nearly 250 people came out to the Dupont Circle bar to watch his turn onstage—people who’d kicked $5 and $10 occasionally to his campaign in support, but more often dedicated hours of their lives to his campaign
The rest of the Sanders supporters interviewed donated much smaller amounts—$5 here, $10 there, or however much money it took to purchase a T-shirt “so that I could show my support for him as often as possible,” said Alex Atkins, a student at the Georgetown Law Center who started a pro-Sanders club on campus. (He wore the shirt in question—bright green with a graphic rendition of Sanders’s glasses and trademark wild hair—under his corduroy blazer.)

I see this 2 ways.
1. it is fuckin ironic :rofl:
2. he is supported by common folk. I would like to think common folk would appreciate work and such more than free shit and no military.

HRC's super-PAC has raised $28 million in mostly large donations. Her largest contributors are mega-banks and investment firms.

Bernie has raised $26 million in mostly small donations, averaging $25 apiece. He has no super-PAC. He has received a few large contributions from unions, but by far his largest source of funds is the American people.

We're broke, but apparently there are an awful lot of us.

CXGcVGbWAAEVf17.jpg

But Tuesday was different. Tuesday was the night that Senator Bernie Sanders would, as the pundits described it, introduce himself to America at the Democratic primary debate. And nearly 250 people came out to the Dupont Circle bar to watch his turn onstage—people who’d kicked $5 and $10 occasionally to his campaign in support, but more often dedicated hours of their lives to his campaign
The rest of the Sanders supporters interviewed donated much smaller amounts—$5 here, $10 there, or however much money it took to purchase a T-shirt “so that I could show my support for him as often as possible,” said Alex Atkins, a student at the Georgetown Law Center who started a pro-Sanders club on campus. (He wore the shirt in question—bright green with a graphic rendition of Sanders’s glasses and trademark wild hair—under his corduroy blazer.)

I see this 2 ways.
2. he is supported by common folk. I would like to think common folk would appreciate work and such more than free shit and no military.
Bernie Sanders supporters live in a fairytail world they are not only naïve they're just plain stupid....

Bernie Sanders supporters are broke
They're not broke, they just don't want to throw their money to someone that's destined to lose; face it the only shot he has as the Democrat Nomination is if Her Royal Majesty gets indicted and the chances of that happening during the administration of King Corruption and his merry band of miscreants is slim and none. :(

Sanders won't make it because he isn't rich enough. One has to be uber wealthy to have a shot. Sad fact. Big money always equates with big corruption. Always has always will.

Well of course Sanders supporters are broke! Were they holding jobs they'd be less likely to be sucked in by his offers of unlimited free stuff!

Speaking the obvious is so gauche!

he is supported by common folk.

Yeah. And?

Are you above the common American?

I suppose you may as well alienate them, too. You've already lost the black, Latino, young, and LGBT vote.

HRC's super-PAC has raised $28 million in mostly large donations. Her largest contributors are mega-banks and investment firms.

Bernie has raised $26 million in mostly small donations, averaging $25 apiece. He has no super-PAC. He has received a few large contributions from unions, but by far his largest source of funds is the American people.

We're broke, but apparently there are an awful lot of us.

I wonder what happens to the $26M (any leftover) when he quits? If they won't prosecute the crook and BERN won't go after her? He has ZERO shot. Wasted money by the poor common folks.

I know quite a few hard working couples who hold good jobs and have sanders signs on their vehicles.

Sanders won't make it because he isn't rich enough. One has to be uber wealthy to have a shot. Sad fact. Big money always equates with big corruption. Always has always will.

Oh, so you're a Trump supporter? Because he's not accepting money from anybody.

I see this 2 ways.
Thanks, your link is very complimentary to Bernie, as well as his supporters.
The Right supports big money.

I see this 2 ways.

I see your post in this way:
  • You have no clue as to the reasons for Sen. Sander's message
  • You demean common folk
  • You're not well informed nor are you highly educated.

Forum List

Back