Berg's father Blames Bush and Rumsfield...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by insein, May 14, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...s_nm/iraq_usa_beheading_family_dc_7&printer=1

Yea i know we've probably all heard it by now but here it is anyway.

I feel for the guy. He just lost his son in a very gruesome manner. So his emotions are probably not in correct alignment right now(another reason i hate reporters asking "How do you feel" when a someone dies).

But lets be honest. Berg was there as a civilian contractor. He went of his own free will. He was told repeatedly of the dangers of going there and that his safety was not guaranteed. He was not a soldier so therefore the argument that this is Bush's Fault goes out the window.

Being that he lives near philly, i can tell you that he probably has had a preconceived notion of Bush and Rumsfield long before his son's horrific demise. I just think its sad for his son to be remember this way.

2. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Flame me all you want but this deal stinks to the high heavens. First of all he's in Iraq, how the fuck do you get into Iraq right now without military approval? Are we as private citizens allowed there right now without being part of a government contract, Red Cross, UN whatever? This guys a Jew, he enters through Israel. Doesn't that say something? No way a Jew is going to go into Iraq right now, he'll get slaughtered real quick. His old man is a rabid anti-Bush guy from way back.

Its 1 of these 3 things but which I don't know.

1. He pulled a Jihad Johnny on us and joined up with the scumbags and they turned on him like a rabid dog.

2. He was a spy for the Mossad, was found out and they clipped him.

3. In some sort of stupid ass attempt on the part of him and his father to undermine Bush in Iraq he went there representing his fathers anti-Bush group and crapped out. The dice came up snake eyes for him and he lost his head.

I'm 100% sure that this crap about being an innocent civilian contractor in Iraq is just that, crap. Nobody I know right now would go anywhere near there unless they were behind the wheel of an F-16.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I'd say thats all logical but he was a radio tower expert. He worked on a local station 1210 WIP in Philly, a very vocal conservative network. Several members of the station spoke of his support for Bush and he's general good nature. So it just doesnt make sense.

4. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I'm not buying it. Just the fact that he went to Iraq, into an extremely volatile situation raises eyebrows in and of itself. Was he gonna build these things all by his lonesome? Was the money that great that he was willing to risk life and limb? Something just doesn't add up.

5. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Wouldn't he have the job over there before going. In the article it says he couldn't find work so he was coming back home. My husband, who has worked in telecommunications for over 7 years, was talking about going over so I can understand that part, BUT why go over if you don't have the job already? Maybe I'm not understanding that right. He had the bids, but couldn't find work, that sounds wierd. And from what I heard, his father called him a telecommunications "expert" (which I'm told is a no-no in telecommunications, you never are called an "expert", beside the point, I know) but he doesn't even have a degree in anything for telecommunications, how would he even get a bid?
    I don't know.

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,925
    I have to agree with you here OCA. The media played him up as poor little Mr American contractor/entrepreneur at first, but that has quickly subsided. Now we're finding out he's been investigated by the FBI, knew terrorists, and was thrown in prison in Iraq and wouldn't leave given warning of his safety and the chance to get out.

No doubt. Somethings fishy here.

7. Tippy Toes

Tippy Toes Funny girl

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm so glad I came here, and got some clarity. It's a shame to die that way, but if it's not innocent we need to know.

8. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm with OCA on this one. Does anyone know if this jew headed over to Iraq to start some trouble? It seems to me like he was asking for it.

I would expect the father to be blaming Rumsfeld and Bush, even though I don't feel it is in the least bit their fault.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Im glad you can at least see that. I still don't think he got whats coming to him. No one gets a beheading coming to them. But yes more and more facts are leading to this fishy situation as it were.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Correct, nobody deserves what he got. I think in one of the theories is he jumped in with these guys as a Jihad Johnny, they got what they could out of him and then decided to kill him but they decided that with his death they were going to send a big statement.