Benjamin Netanyahoo Speech About How Zionists Descend From Old Testament Characters

Jewish Mythology is an accurate description of the story about Jericho.

That does not mean there are not some truths weaved into the story.

But I do not believe it should be read as establishing history.

Netanyahu did not cite the story of Jericho ----He cited the historic fact of the
babylonian captivity and the re-establishment of the Temple in Jerusalem
and re-establishment of the a JEWISH STATE facilitated by the co operation
of a PERSIAN KING ----approximately in the fifth century BC

The story of jericho precedes those times by MANY CENTURIES----it takes place in the
time of JOSHUA who was a kind of secretary to Moses and who became a leader.
For those of us who have some grasp of the imagary of hebrew literature,
poetry and philosophy-----the story IS FILLED with symbolism which is way beyond
your ken just as the New Testament story of the SAMARITAN woman----is way beyond
your ken -- It is not your fault You simpy lack the background knowledge . Long
ago I discussed the story of RAMA AND SITA with a hindu Brahmin ---(well---he
was a college kid ----we were friends in the dorm-----he repudiated his "brahminism"
but his father had been a devoted practitioner------and my friend was VERY KNOWLEDGABLE on the subject of Hindu scripture, sansKrit etc. )) ------Bottom line----my interpretation was-----well-----silly. A jain colleague made fun of my sick grasp of
the GITA

tell me about RAHAV---and what that character symbolizes ----since you imagine
that you know something about the story of jericho
The ignoramus doesn't even know history? Wow what a surprise.

In fact the story that Netanyahu cited is also recorded in Persian History, as is Esther's Tomb that is still preserved and visited in Iran, as well as archeological pieces. Over Summer I visited the Louvre in Paris, and I got to see the ancient Persian archeological pieces which contained recordings of the story of Esther on them. Which further confirms the OT as a valid history book.

And archaeology has proven that the fall of jericho happened at least 300 years before the hebrews went on their pillage and killing spree in Canaan.

Jews usurped the story of jericho (as they did almost everything else) and weaved it into their own mythological history to give them, well, a glorious history.

Call it ancient hasbara.

No it hasn't it is still being hotly debated by the Archaeologists.
No absolute conclusions yet.

I think that the Arabs usurped the Jews story.
We still have not found evidence of when each story of Jews or Arabs had started first.
Both were told around the same time in 5,000 B.C.
So each of us has the right to believe either way.

Can you make up your mind? ONE post you claim archaelogy backs up the stories, the next you claim it is being debated.

So happy my belief system has nothing to do with what archaelogists are doing.

I am talking about the time periods being debated.
The walls have been proved, that they tumbled.

What a fucking idiot. Jesus was a Jew who preached and believed in the same "mythology" of the Old Testament.
Jesus is the biggest myth of all: walking on water, turning things into other things, re-appearing after death, virgin birth... no proof, all myth.

We are all free to have our own beliefs. Jesus was a Nazarene, that is what is written in The Gospels and what I believe. The Christian Bible for me is divided into three parts, the time before Jesus, the story of Jesus, and the story of the first Chrisrians. The center of all of it is Jesus and The Gospels.
Who believed in everything the Old Testament said. There were no Christians during Jesus' time.

No it hasn't it is still being hotly debated by the Archaeologists.
No absolute conclusions yet.

I think that the Arabs usurped the Jews story.
We still have not found evidence of when each story of Jews or Arabs had started first.
Both were told around the same time in 5,000 B.C.
So each of us has the right to believe either way.

Can you make up your mind? ONE post you claim archaelogy backs up the stories, the next you claim it is being debated.

So happy my belief system has nothing to do with what archaelogists are doing.

I am talking about the time periods being debated.
The walls have been proved, that they tumbled.

A lot of walls in the levant tumbled...over and over.

What schools teach The Book of Esther as History?
Idiot, Schools in Iran do teach Persian history, the great Archaemenid Empire, and the Persian King Xerxes I, who's queen was Esther. The story of Esther is in the Old Testament and there is independent correlation in Persian history and archeology of that story. That confirms the Old Testament as a valid history book.

Esther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Esther (/ˈɛstər/; Hebrew: אֶסְתֵּר, Modern Ester Tiberian ʼEstēr), (Persian: Ester), born Hadassah, is the eponymous heroine of the Biblical Book of Esther.
According to the Bible, she was a Jewish queen of the Persian king Ahasuerus. Ahasuerus is traditionally identified with Xerxes I during the time of the Achaemenid empire. Her story is the basis for the celebration of Purim in Jewish tradition.

Given the great historical link between Persian and Jewish history, modern day Persian Jews are called "Esther's Children". A building known as the Tomb of Esther and Mordechai is located in Hamadan, Iran,[1

Last edited:
Idiot, Schools in Iran do teach Persian history, the great Archaemenid Empire, and the Persian King Xerxes I, who's queen was Esther. The story of Esther is in the Old Testament and there is independent correlation in Persian history and archeology of that story. That confirms the Old Testament as a valid history book.

Esther (/ˈɛstər/; Hebrew: אֶסְתֵּר, Modern Ester Tiberian ʼEstēr), (Persian: Ester), born Hadassah, is the eponymous heroine of the Biblical Book of Esther.
According to the Bible, she was a Jewish queen of the Persian king Ahasuerus. Ahasuerus is traditionally identified with Xerxes I during the time of the Achaemenid empire. Her story is the basis for the celebration of Purim in Jewish tradition.

Given the great historical link between Persian and Jewish history, modern day Persian Jews are called "Esther's Children". A building known as the Tomb of Esther and Mordechai is located in Hamadan, Iran,[1

All it confirms is that the person who wrote the old testament had heard of Ester, it doesn't validate the whole book. What a moron. :lol:

Who are you calling the real archaeologists?

They all have their PhD degrees.

PHD's in theology don't count in archaeology.

The ones I am talking about for the last 90 years, all have their PhD's in archaeology not theology.

Evangelical, fundamentalist, saved and devout "archaeologists" (not to mention zionists) whose purpose isn't the search for truth but proving the historicity of the bible are the laughing stock of the archaeological community.

Nobody pays them any attention except their evangelical/fundamentalist/saved/devout/zionist fans and donors.

PHD's in theology don't count in archaeology.

The ones I am talking about for the last 90 years, all have their PhD's in archaeology not theology.

Evangelical, fundamentalist, saved and devout "archaeologists" (not to mention zionists) whose purpose isn't the search for truth but proving the historicity of the bible are the laughing stock of the archaeological community.

Nobody pays them any attention except their evangelical/fundamentalist/saved/devout/zionist fans and donors.

Alfalfa your statement is clear evidence that you know nothing about either
Archaeologists OR Theologians -----what you know is islamo nazi filth

All it confirms is that the person who wrote the old testament had heard of Ester, it doesn't validate the whole book. What a moron. :lol:
Nah, this is an independent collaboration of events in the Old Testament with actual Persian History, confirmed by historians, archeologists and and actual archeological finds, that support the exact events as described in the Old Testament. Therefore confirming the story of Esther to be historically accurate. There goes your "pure mythology" claim. :lmao:

Xerxes I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Xerxes I of Persia (/ˈzɜrksiːz/; Old Persian: Xšaya-ṛšā IPA: [xʃajaːrʃaː] meaning "ruling over heroes";[1] Greek: Ξέρξης [ksérksɛːs]; Hebrew: אֲחַשְׁוֵרוֹשׁ, Modern Aẖashverosh Tiberian ʼĂḥašwērôš), also known as Xerxes the Great (519–465 BC), was the fourth King of Kings of Persia. In Judeo-Christian tradition, Xerxes I is believed to be the Persian king identified as Ahasuerus in the biblical book of Esther.

Artaxerxes I of Persia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Portrayal in the Book of Ezra and Nehemiah[edit]

Artaxerxes (Hebrew: אַרְתַּחְשַׁסְתְּא*, pronounced [artaχʃast]) commissioned Ezra, a Jewish priest (kohen) and scribe, by means of a letter of decree (see Cyrus's edict), to take charge of the ecclesiastical and civil affairs of the Jewish nation. A copy of this decree may be found in Ezra 7:13-28.
Ezra thereby left Babylon in the first month of the seventh year (~ 458 BC)[9] of Artaxerxes' reign, at the head of a company of Jews that included priests and Levites. They arrived in Jerusalem on the first day of the fifth month of the seventh year (Hebrew Calendar).
The rebuilding of the Jewish community in Jerusalem had begun under Cyrus the Great, who had permitted Jews held captive in Babylon to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the Temple of Solomon. Consequently, a number of Jews returned to Jerusalem in 538 B.C., and the foundation of this "Second Temple" was laid in 520 BC.
In Artaxerxes' 20th year (444 BC),[10] Nehemiah, the king's cupbearer, apparently was also a friend of the king as in that year Artaxerxes inquired after Nehemiah's sadness. Nehemiah related to him the plight of the Jewish people and that the city of Jerusalem was undefended. The king sent Nehemiah to Jerusalem with letters of safe passage to the governors in Trans-Euphrates, and to Asaph, keeper of the royal forests, to make beams for the citadel by the Temple and to rebuild the city walls.[11]

Last edited:
Roudy leave sherri alone-----her entire understanding of history is based in a character
named "isa" who spoke arabic and lived somewhere in the land mass Herodotus had named "palestina"----around 500 BC-----ie somewhat coincident with the babylonian exile and BEFORE EZRA Isa lived 2000 years ago----which is quite a bit AFTER Ezra
reestablished the temple in Jerusalem with the friendly fascilitation of persian king
whatshisname--------but ISA knew nothing about that history -----he was a "BALESTINIAN"

Imagine yourself-----born in the USA----somewhere in the southwest----and brought up with
a history that disregards anything that happened more than 2000 years ago as -----simply unimportant and "SUPRECEDED" by divine edict My little boy----charming little chap
that he was------experienced a bit of culture shock when he entered high school----A VERY
CULTURALLY DIVERSE high school-----a bit special in my town -----straight out of a
somewhat -----well very ---conservative Yeshiva. ----but my boy did come from a completely
secular home. Well---there he was ---opened and receptive ---so he did notice the
perspectives of his classmates. "Ma---christians have a fairy tale view of the bible----for them the book of Jonah is an adventure in which Moby Dick swallowed jonah----like everything
that happened more than 2000 years ago is something like a fairy tale. -----and muslims---
seem to think that the world was created 1400 years ago"", Roudy-----Esther is not a real
person to sherri ---it is hard for her to accept that idea that she IS for sophisticated
Iranians Ezra may be VERY REAL TO YOU-----for sherri he is a legend
no more real than ROBIN HOOD

For sherri----this may come as a shock to you----but the BOOK OF JONAH is a topic
on the holiday YOM KIPPUR------I have never heard anyone allude to the part
about him being swallowed by Moby Dick. It is imporant only in sunday
school COLORING BOOKS.

I am an independent who voted for Obama, even though I find him to be mediocre and weak. Obama does not know how to govern. Republicans have him running scared.

With Benjamin Netanyahu, he presents his position supported by facts, we always know exactly where he stands, and he backs up his words with action. Wish we could run him for President of the United States!

netanyahu-UN5.jpg

The hasbara is strong with this binyamin.

Am I going to have to learn a foreign language to post on a message board based in my home country? I'll just put this asshole on "ignore."

Stamp_Image_I_want_you_to_speak_english.jpg

Last edited:
I am an independent who voted for Obama, even though I find him to be mediocre and weak. Obama does not know how to govern. Republicans have him running scared.

With Benjamin Netanyahu, he presents his position supported by facts, we always know exactly where he stands, and he backs up his words with action. Wish we could run him for President of the United States!

netanyahu-UN5.jpg
That's what I always say. Maybe he can ask Obama where he got his fake birth certificate. LOL

You do realize that the Obama birth certificate, Acorn, Occupy Wall Street, and other trivial issues were created by Democrats to distract Republicans from real issues of the economy? This indy thought that was well executed by Democrats. I believe that if Romney, as a successful businessman, had forced the focus onto the economy, and ignored extraneous issues, he would be sitting in the White House now.

1545755040_distractions_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

netanyahu-UN5.jpg
That's what I always say. Maybe he can ask Obama where he got his fake birth certificate. LOL

You do realize that the Obama birth certificate, Acorn, Occupy Wall Street, and other trivial issues were created by Democrats to distract Republicans from real issues of the economy? This indy thought that was well executed by Democrats. I believe that if Romney, as a successful businessman, had forced the focus onto the economy, and ignored extraneous issues, he would be sitting in the White House now.

Don't know about that, but I do know that Democrats operate from a divide and conquer playbook. They are masters at making Americans hate each other while they accumulate more voters and money as a result.

Last edited:
..........^^^ :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

I can see you're one of few words, fewer coherent thoughts, less ability, little response and less ability.
.....................^^^ Polly wanna cracker?? . :lol: :lol:

sherri endorsed ""Polly wanna creacker" as a "meaningful post"-----
well---at least she is consistent ----it is about as meaning full as a perverse
and depraved creed and ideology------she has a somewhat singular 'taste"

Don't know about that, but I do know that Democrats operate from a divide and conquer playbook. They are masters at making Americans hate each other while they accumulate more voters and money as a result.

Never thought of it that way. Each party has their traditional methods of doing each other in. My favorite with Republicans was when President Samuel Tilden was elected POTUS in 1876, and Republicans pulled the same deal they pulled on Al Gore. Politics is hard-ball, and when it comes to running the country there are really no holds barred. I think it is just human nature. "The strong take from the weak, and the smart take from the strong."

220px-SJTilden_of_NY.jpg
bigPhoto_0.jpg
Could not put the book down!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back