BENGHAZI!!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/...trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html?_r=0

Yemen Aftermath: Trump's First Military Raid Continues To Raise Questions

Where is the outrage, and why is Trump coated in Teflon by his supporters, the same people who vilified HRC for the attack on our Mission in Libya?

Of course this is only one of the many examples of right wing Republican hypocrisy / dishonesty and partisanship on steroids - albeit a noteworthy one.

Consider how President Carter dealt with another tragedy:

"On April 24, 1980, an ill-fated military operation to rescue the 52 American hostages held in Tehran ends with eight U.S. servicemen dead and no hostages rescued.

"With the Iran Hostage Crisis stretching into its sixth month and all diplomatic appeals to the Iranian government ending in failure, President Jimmy Carter ordered the military mission as a last ditch attempt to save the hostages. During the operation, three of eight helicopters failed, crippling the crucial airborne plans. The mission was then canceled at the staging area in Iran, but during the withdrawal one of the retreating helicopters collided with one of six C-130 transport planes, killing eight soldiers and injuring five. The next day, a somber Jimmy Carter gave a press conference in which he took full responsibility for the tragedy. The hostages were not released for another 270 days"

Don't I remember you bitching about too many Benghazi threads a while back?

That NPR article seems like a big deal. It contradicts pretty much everything the Trump admin told us.
Do we trust them or a guy living out in the desert surrounded by terrorists?

17 Seals killed along with 21 other military personnel years ago under Big Ears, and yet little investigation occurred and no one on the left ever demanded one.

1 Seal killed under Trump, and the left demands an investigation.

I guess in the liberal 'mind',1 dead Seal is really a lot more than 17 dead Seals.

• Banned
That NPR article seems like a big deal. It contradicts pretty much everything the Trump admin told us.

Your question is for each of us to decide. Given the DOD response, which conflicts with the claim by Trump&Co., the guy in the desert seems more in sync with the facts than does the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/...trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html?_r=0

Yemen Aftermath: Trump's First Military Raid Continues To Raise Questions

Where is the outrage, and why is Trump coated in Teflon by his supporters, the same people who vilified HRC for the attack on our Mission in Libya?

Of course this is only one of the many examples of right wing Republican hypocrisy / dishonesty and partisanship on steroids - albeit a noteworthy one.

Consider how President Carter dealt with another tragedy:

"On April 24, 1980, an ill-fated military operation to rescue the 52 American hostages held in Tehran ends with eight U.S. servicemen dead and no hostages rescued.

"With the Iran Hostage Crisis stretching into its sixth month and all diplomatic appeals to the Iranian government ending in failure, President Jimmy Carter ordered the military mission as a last ditch attempt to save the hostages. During the operation, three of eight helicopters failed, crippling the crucial airborne plans. The mission was then canceled at the staging area in Iran, but during the withdrawal one of the retreating helicopters collided with one of six C-130 transport planes, killing eight soldiers and injuring five. The next day, a somber Jimmy Carter gave a press conference in which he took full responsibility for the tragedy. The hostages were not released for another 270 days"
Fake news

Your question is for each of us to decide. Given the DOD response, which conflicts with the claim by Trump&Co., the guy in the desert seems more in sync with the facts than does the White House.
Do you also have a link to the DOD response?

17 Seals killed along with 21 other military personnel years ago under Big Ears, and yet little investigation occurred and no one on the left ever demanded one.

I guess in the liberal 'mind',1 dead Seal is really a lot more than 17 dead Seals.

It doesn't matter if it is one or a hundred, there was a huge mistake done which should be investigated...

Or were the Hillary witch hunters only concerned when there was an election? Seems like it..

The dead soldiers own father isn't satisfied by the bull being feed to us, why should we..?

So you think it is just fine not to investigate? After the witch hunt done on Hillary how many times?

Father Of Navy SEAL Killed In Yemen Raid Has Harsh Words For Trump
[/QUOTE]
How do you know what is true? You have ALOT of hate towards trump. Kinda biased..
A father is upset his son got killed while in the military. Color me shocked.
And this is absolute bullshit : Discussing the raid, William Owens, who is also a military veteran, told the Miami Herald, "Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn't even barely a week into his administration? Why? For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen — everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?"
U.S. forces now on the ground supporting combat operations in Yemen, Pentagon says
Not to mention, this mission was months in the making. But why not politicize your owns sons death?

I suppose now is the time for me to respond with a non sequitur since that ^^^ is the essence of gipper's response:

"The 1983 Beirut barracks bombings were terrorist attacks that occurred on October 23, 1983, in Beirut, Lebanon, during the Lebanese Civil War when two truck bombs struck separate buildings housing Multinational Force in Lebanon (MNF) peacekeepers, specifically against United States and French service members, killing 241 U.S. and 58 French peacekeepers, six civilians, and the two suicide attackers. An obscure group calling itself 'Islamic Jihad' claimed responsibility for the bombings and that the bombings were aimed to get the MNF out of Lebanon.[1]"

The partisan hacks with a closed 'minds', must consider Reagan's responsibility for this event simply an accident, and HRC's something much, much more given their outrage.

I don't understand all the outrage towards any mission that has casualties.
IT FUCKING HAPPENS.
It just seems like partisan bullshit from both sides. Just depends on a letter beside the Presidents name..

The dead soldiers own father isn't satisfied by the bull being feed to us, why should we..?

So you think it is just fine not to investigate? After the witch hunt done on Hillary how many times?

Last edited:
How do you know what is true? You have ALOT of hate towards trump. Kinda biased..
And this is absolute bullshit : Discussing the raid, William Owens, who is also a military veteran, told the Miami Herald, "Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn't even barely a week into his administration? Why? For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen — everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?"
U.S. forces now on the ground supporting combat operations in Yemen, Pentagon says
Not to mention, this mission was months in the making. But why not politicize your owns sons death?

No I don't hate Trump, I hate lies, being fed lies , and Trump's mistake being blamed on Obama..

U.S. Military Sources Claim Trump Approved Yemen Strike Without Enough Preparation

U.S. Military Sources Say Trump Approved Yemen Strike Without Enough Preparation

Here is the Blaze reporting that story ( I hate the blaze so will show you 2 links
"But former Obama staffers didn’t remember it the same way, taking issue with Spicer’s claim that the operation was first organized by the ex-commander in chief. In fact, Colin Kahl, who was a security official in the Obama White House, called Spicer’s story “B.S.”
Former Obama staffer: It’s ‘B.S.’ to say Obama approved Yemen raid

I don't hate Trump; I can't speak for others. Trump is unfit to be the POTUS, and this is not the first example of why I believe this to be true. The man is a loose canon, that some continue to support their vote both amazes me and gives me grave concerns.

Don't feed the narcissist-in-chief, and look up the word Megalomaniac; listen actively to his words while watching what he does. It may open the eyes of those who will not see.[/QUOTE]
I agree with most of that. But he is still better than Hillary.
Unfit to be POTUS is purely subjective to each individual. I think the last 10 Presidents we have had were unfit(at least including their actions), but who cares?

No I don't hate Trump, I hate lies, being fed lies , and Trump's mistake being blamed on Obama..

U.S. Military Sources Claim Trump Approved Yemen Strike Without Enough Preparation

U.S. Military Sources Say Trump Approved Yemen Strike Without Enough Preparation

Here is the Blaze reporting that story ( I hate the blaze so will show you 2 links
"But former Obama staffers didn’t remember it the same way, taking issue with Spicer’s claim that the operation was first organized by the ex-commander in chief. In fact, Colin Kahl, who was a security official in the Obama White House, called Spicer’s story “B.S.”
Former Obama staffer: It’s ‘B.S.’ to say Obama approved Yemen raid
I post all of that and all you have is defense of yourself? You blast trump over mediocre bullshit. You also gargle fake news. Because you HOPE he fucks up. Just like the right did with Obama.
Not to mention, I find it hard ot believe leftists actually care about lies considering we have been constantly lied to FOR DECADES but NOW it fucking matters... Know what really gets me? Trumps proven lies all stem from his ego and only effect his ego. Other President shave lied and gotten us into wars, lied to regulate 20% of our economy, lied about jobs, intent and all kinds of other shit THAT ACTUALLY EFFECT PEOPLE.
If Trump lied about this, that would be different but we don't know. Hopefully wry will post that DOD link for me soon.

Forum List

Back