benghazi, Benghazi, BENGHAZI!!!

As I said. I believe these guys.

Why would they lie?? Why would they lie about what happened and who said what??

I'd believe the CIA lied before those three men.

Lets face it. The CIA isn't the most honest Govt. agency out there. Lying is a way of life for the CIA.
Even if Tig is telling the truth about what the Chief told him, it wasn't a stand down down order. It was an order for Tig to shut up and wait for the team leader to make a mission. plan.

I would have to agree with you there.

My Dad was in the military for twenty two years and my brother is a Vietnam vet so I know what stand down means.

Plans are good but they could see the burning building from where they were. Not much planning needed to get from point A to point B.

I participated in numerous combat rescues as a member of the U. S. Army Southern Command Ready Strike Force. As an combat infantry officer, I received extensive training in combat rescue. I received medals, some for valor, for my efforts during combat rescues.

The first rule of CR is don't make the situation worse.

The second rule is don't act in haste.

The third rule is gather intelligence.

The fourth rule is analyze the intelligence.

The fifth rule is always make a plan.

The sixth rule is always request assistance.

Good rules but in that situation I doubt most of them would apply.

They were in contact with the CIA in Langley but I wonder how much real info they could give them??

I also wonder if they had satellite coverage??

The rules of combat rescue apply to all combat rescues.

The Chief of Base in Benghazi never contacted Langley. What would Langley have known?

What sort of intelligence would a satellite have been able to provide?

It was night time and they didn't need a satellite to tell them the diplomatic mission was under attack. The Annex was in constant contact with the two RSOs in the TOC at the mission who were watching the attack on cameras in the mission. The Team Leader had requested them to provide a running account, by radio, of what they were seeing. Everyone at the Annex could hear on their radios what the SRO in the TOC was broadcasting.

I read that they were in contact with Langley. It is the CIA after all.

Good thing they had the radio's and cameras. Though from what I read they had new cameras sent to the CIA base but no one to install them.

The CIA officers were also concerned about a Blue on Green situated, where Feb. 17 and the CIA team might wind up shooting each other.

Yes there was a lot to think about but they also had a missing analyst and a missing ambassador.

The area was probably crawling with tango's and they needed to get to the annex to search for the two. I can see why Tig and the others wanted to go and go then.

Tig and the others did their duty with valor, which is the duty of every GRS officer. No question about that.

But, they also made up a lie about a stand down order, to exploit the tragedy to make money.

Unlike you I think the CIA lied to cover their asses.

I still don't see why those three men would lie. They had no way of knowing they would make money off that tragedy.

Oh and if they hadn't wasted twenty minutes arguing with their Chief they might have been able to save Smith and Stevens.

Even if Tig is telling the truth about what the Chief told him, it wasn't a stand down down order. It was an order for Tig to shut up and wait for the team leader to make a mission. plan.

My Dad was in the military for twenty two years and my brother is a Vietnam vet so I know what stand down means.

Plans are good but they could see the burning building from where they were. Not much planning needed to get from point A to point B.

I participated in numerous combat rescues as a member of the U. S. Army Southern Command Ready Strike Force. As an combat infantry officer, I received extensive training in combat rescue. I received medals, some for valor, for my efforts during combat rescues.

They were in contact with the CIA in Langley but I wonder how much real info they could give them??

The Chief of Base in Benghazi never contacted Langley. What would Langley have known?

It was night time and they didn't need a satellite to tell them the diplomatic mission was under attack. The Annex was in constant contact with the two RSOs in the TOC at the mission who were watching the attack on cameras in the mission. The Team Leader had requested them to provide a running account, by radio, of what they were seeing. Everyone at the Annex could hear on their radios what the SRO in the TOC was broadcasting.

1. Good thing they had the radio's and cameras. Though from what I read they had new cameras sent to the CIA base but no one to install them.
From the time the Team Leader took the call for assistance from the RSO in the TOC, until the rescue team departed the CIA Annex twenty three minutes later, the Chief had no contact with CIA in Tripoli or Langley. There was no reason to do that. He was helping the Team Leader plan the mission and "gather more firepower" from Feb. 17. The Team Leader especially wanted one of their gun trucks with a 50 caliber Dshk machine guns, known as "technicals.".
4e23d64e5c025cd509f291612fa69d72.jpg

1. Good thing they had the radio's and cameras. Though from what I read they had new cameras sent to the CIA base but no one to install them.
From the time the Team Leader took the call for assistance from the RSO in the TOC, until the rescue team departed the CIA Annex twenty three minutes later, the Chief had no contact with CIA in Tripoli or Langley. There was no reason to do that. He was helping the Team Leader plan the mission and "gather more firepower" from Feb. 17. The Team Leader especially wanted one of their gun trucks with a 50 caliber Dshk machine guns, known as "technicals.".

Yup. That's a technical.

Much nicer than I would expect them to look.

Oh and I would think Langley would be the first place they called to let them know what was going on.

Kris Paronto the "Liar of Benghazi"

Benghazi is back in the news with word of Kris Paronto's threat against former President Obama on Fox News.

Paronto is the most prominent of the three "Liars of Benghazi", who claim the CIA Chief of Base in Benghazi gave them an order not to go assist the diplomatic mission which was under attack by Ansar Al Sharia. However, Paronto, testified before Congress that he didn't actually hear the Chief's order calling off the rescue mission.

Mark Geist is also one of the three "Liars of Benghazi." He also testified that he didn't actually hear the Chief's stand down order.

John Tiegen is the only of of the three liars who claims he actually heard the Chief stand down the rescue mission.

The CIA Chief of Base at the CIA Annex testified that he didn't issue a stand down order and never used the words, "stand down."

The CIA Deputy Chief of Base testified that the Chief approved the rescue mission, "instantly on the spot...without equivocation."

The CIA Security Team Leader testified that he never heard the Chief issue a stand down order.

My conclusion is that Tiegen's claim that the Chief issued a stand down order is hogwash.
View attachment 216101
Its like I don't hear you post the BS. Email that Hily sent and received say different

Benghazi is back in the news with word of Kris Paronto's threat against former President Obama on Fox News.

Paronto is the most prominent of the three "Liars of Benghazi", who claim the CIA Chief of Base in Benghazi gave them an order not to go assist the diplomatic mission which was under attack by Ansar Al Sharia. However, Paronto, testified before Congress that he didn't actually hear the Chief's order calling off the rescue mission.

Mark Geist is also one of the three "Liars of Benghazi." He also testified that he didn't actually hear the Chief's stand down order.

John Tiegen is the only of of the three liars who claims he actually heard the Chief stand down the rescue mission.

The CIA Chief of Base at the CIA Annex testified that he didn't issue a stand down order and never used the words, "stand down."

The CIA Deputy Chief of Base testified that the Chief approved the rescue mission, "instantly on the spot...without equivocation."

The CIA Security Team Leader testified that he never heard the Chief issue a stand down order.

My conclusion is that Tiegen's claim that the Chief issued a stand down order is hogwash.
View attachment 216101
BS

Yes there was a lot to think about but they also had a missing analyst and a missing ambassador.

The area was probably crawling with tango's and they needed to get to the annex to search for the two. I can see why Tig and the others wanted to go and go then.

Tig and the others did their duty with valor, which is the duty of every GRS officer. No question about that.

But, they also made up a lie about a stand down order, to exploit the tragedy to make money.

I still don't see why those three men would lie. They had no way of knowing they would make money off that tragedy.

Oh and if they hadn't wasted twenty minutes arguing with their Chief they might have been able to save Smith and Stevens.
What did the CIA lie about with respect to the rescue mission to assist the diplomatic facility? What needed to be covered up?

View attachment 216101
The liars of Benghazi are obama, Hillary, Susan Rice and the media.
End of story.
Nope, the GOP investigations into Benghazi exonerated all three of them of telling any lies. Rightards just can’t deal with reality.
They were exonerated from any crime. They lied their asses off but lying itself isn’t a crime.
Democrat dupe sheep.

What makes you think the CIA team might have saved Stevens and Smith?

The RSOs where searching the safe room in Villa C twenty minutes after the attack started.

Keep in mind a Feb. 17 force twice the size of the CIA was at the diplomatic mission minutes after the attack started.

It took Feb. 17, with 40 to 60 men, another 45 minutes to gain control of the front gate.

By that time, the RSOs had already found the body of Mr.Smith.

Even if the CIA team had departed the Annex five minutes after the attack, took five minutes to drive there and were able to fight their way into the mission in just ten minutes, the two Americans would still have perished.

The liars of Benghazi are obama, Hillary, Susan Rice and the media.
End of story.

I agree and of course the Op believes that the CIA wouldn't lie to cover their own asses.

He thinks the three guys he calls liars lied.

I'd believe them before I'd believe the CIA.
Keep in mind that only one of the three "Liars of Benghazi" claims he actually heard the mythical stand down order. Tiegen claims the Chief told him, "stand down, you need to wait. You need to make a plan."

Why would the Chief stand down the mission and then say the rescue team needed a plan? You don't need a plan for a mission you just cancelled.

I served five years in an Army Airborne Ready Strike Force. I participated in numerous combat rescue missions. I led them. I planned them. I commanded them.

The CIA Chief was a twenty three year Army combat veteran. In military lingo, the CIA Chief was telling GRS Officer Tiegen to shut his fucking pie hole and stop bothering him while he was helping the rescue team leader "gather additional firepower" and plan the mission.

Tiegen's story just doesn't hold water.

Thank you for your service and in my book you are a hero.

As for the men at Benghazi I tend to believe them over the CIA.

The three "Lairs of Benghazi" were CIA GRS Officers. There is no reason to believe them and not the other CIA Officers who were there, who say there was no stand down order.

There is also the fact that Tiegen's testimony regarding the words used by the Chief to call off the rescue mission, proves it was no stand down order at all. The Chief was speaking in military lingo. He was telling Tiegen to pipe down and wait, because the Chief was helping the rescue team leader make a plan.

Tig swore under oath that the Chief's exact words were, "stand down, you need to wait. You need to make a plan." That is no stand down order. I know. I was an officer, I know what a stand order sounds like. That was an order telling Tig to shut up and wait for the team leader to come up with a plan.
Whether these guys you call liars lied or not is a separate issue.
The obama admin failed to protect US interests on the anniversary of 9-11 and attempted to cover up their fatal gaffe to protect their campaign. Watergate times a thousand. Woodward and Bernstein were figuratively in on this one.

Yup. That's a technical.

Oh and I would think Langley would be the first place they called to let them know what was going on.

How would Langley have been able to help the rescue team leader prepare for a rescue mission?

What did the CIA lie about with respect to the rescue mission to assist the diplomatic facility? What needed to be covered up?

The fact that they told Tig and to stand down and wait. They wanted a plan.

I told you my brother was a Vietnam vet and according to him in some instances planning goes right out the window. You react to whats going on not sit around an plan.

There are some things plans just won't work for. This seems to have been one of them.

Action speaks louder than words.

Yup. That's a technical.

How would Langley have been able to help the rescue team leader prepare for a rescue mission?

They might have had some ideas. Its the CIA after all and Benghazi isn't the first place they got their shorts caught in a wringer.

Yup. That's a technical.

They might have had some ideas. Its the CIA after all and Benghazi isn't the first place they got their shorts caught in a wringer.
What ideas could Langley have had, that could have helped the team leader prepare a plan and request assistance?

Yup. That's a technical.

What ideas could Langley have had, that could have helped the team leader prepare a plan and request assistance?

You're asking the wrong person on that my friend. I'm sure this isn't the first time the CIA got their shorts caught in a wringer. They may have has some ideas to pass along.

The fact that they told Tig and to stand down and wait. They wanted a plan.

I told you my brother was a Vietnam vet and according to him in some instances planning goes right out the window. You react to whats going on not sit around an plan.

There are some things plans just won't work for. This seems to have been one of them.

Action speaks louder than words.

Your brother would be a lousy combat rescue leader, just like Tig. Tig was never more than an enlisted man. You need guys like Tig. But, he's no leader. He's a order taker, not an order giver. And, he's a backstabbing liar.

Forum List

Back