Ben Carson: Theory Of Evolution Encouraged By The Devil

How did we come to be? Still an unanswered question. We have some theories, but they're still just theories. People just need to understand that. We're still searching for the answer.
A Theory is the highest state a scientific postulation can achieve. What you snidely mean by "theory" is not what science means by Theory.

That's the thing about science. They never say, "That settles it." They are open to being proven wrong or to finding a better explanation for the way things work.

The Theory of Evolution has a mountain of evidence to support it. And like any theory, it's beginnings had flaws which have been steadily refined and improved over time. But nothing has come along to suggest the overarching principle is wrong.

Fair enough. I'm not with Carson on this one. I don't think a Devil has anything to do with it. However, i do realize that we're still searching for the answer. The theory of Evolution has a lot of holes in it. We have to continue searching for the answer. The Science is not 'Settled.'
as with everything you attempt to spew shit at, the science of TOE is rock solid what is not is the evidence ,but the scientist working on it know this and it's not as you would like people to believe a fault of science.
unlike religion, science is self correcting.

My thinking about God and evolution and the Big Bang is pretty much along the same lines as Kondor3's, but let me tell you my specific thinking on this matter:

I don't pretend to know jack shit about God and how he made the Universe. But I sure love to admire the working of the Universe. I spent a big chunk of my life studying this stuff and being in total awe. After decades trying to wrap my head around quantum mechanics, I only recently had a weird mental revelation that helped me understand how an electron changes from one valence level to another instantaneously. Literally instantaneously. I refused to believe it for decades, but now I get it. Cool stuff!

So here's the thing.

You know, a while back some church guys said God made the Earth the center of the Universe, and that the sun and stars revolved around us.

That was not spiritual revelation talking, that was pure ego talking. God didn't tell them this. They made it up. When we don't know about something that we want to know about, and have nothing to inform us, we make shit up. So they made up that whole "sun revolves around the Earth" thing.

Then some science guy came along and said, "Um, I think we might have that picture backward, fellas".

How did those giant egos react? They called him an agent of Satan. And they would have killed that guy except he was a friend of Pope Urban, so they placed him under house arrest for life.

You see, those guys were too embarrassed to admit their pontifications about God were totally wrong. They got their egos all mixed up with God. They didn't see Galileo as saying THEY were wrong, they saw Galileo saying GOD was wrong.

Ego.

And now Young Earthers and Ben Carson are making the exact same mistake.

All I really know about God is that He wants me to stay as close to Him as possible, and that no matter what I do, it doesn't change the way He feels about me. Just like any Father feels about his children. I might get mad at my kids for the stupid shit they do sometimes, but it doesn't change how I feel in my soul about them. I knew before they were born they would make mistakes.

After a lifetime of fooling myself, I really know nothing about God beyond that. And it turns out I am much happier that way.

Much, much, MUCH happier.

Last edited:
My thinking about God and evolution and the Big Bang is pretty much along the same lines as Kondor3's, but let me tell you my specific thinking on this matter:

I don't pretend to know jack shit about God and how he made the Universe. But I sure love to admire the working of the Universe. I spent a big chunk of my life studying this stuff and being in total awe. After decades trying to wrap my head around quantum physics, I only recently had a weird mental revelation that helped me understand how an electron changes from one valence level to another instantaneously. Literally instantaneously. I refused to believe it for decades, but now I get it. Cool stuff!

So here's the thing.

You know, a while back some church guys said God made the Earth the center of the Universe, and that the sun and stars revolved around us.

That was not spiritual revelation talking, that was pure ego talking. God didn't tell them this. They made it up. When we don't know about something that we want to know about, and have nothing to inform us, we make shit up. So they made up that whole "sun revolves around the Earth" thing.

Then some science guy came along and said, "Um, I think we might have that picture backward, fellas".

How did those giant egos react? They called him an agent of Satan. And they would have killed that guy except he was a friend of Pope Urban, so they placed him under house arrest for life.

You see, those guys were too embarrassed to admit their pontifications about God were totally wrong. They got their egos all mixed up with God. They didn't see Galileo as saying THEY were wrong, they saw Galileo saying GOD was wrong.

Ego.

All I really know about God is that He wants me to stay as close to Him as possible, and that no matter what I do, it doesn't change the way He feels about me. Just like any Father feels about his children.

After a lifetime of fooling myself, I really know nothing about God beyond that. And it turns out I am much happier that way.

I am impressed. However, I totally disagree with any belief in a supernatural God - because there is absolutely no proof. The Bible was written by the same religious nuts who were wrong about the earth being the center of the universe and many other scientific facts. There may be a superpower - but it ain't the narcissistic, vicious nut depicted in the Bible.

I don't pretend to know jack shit about God and how he made the Universe. But I sure love to admire the working of the Universe. I spent a big chunk of my life studying this stuff and being in total awe. After decades trying to wrap my head around quantum physics, I only recently had a weird mental revelation that helped me understand how an electron changes from one valence level to another instantaneously. Literally instantaneously. I refused to believe it for decades, but now I get it. Cool stuff!

So here's the thing.

Ego.

All I really know about God is that He wants me to stay as close to Him as possible, and that no matter what I do, it doesn't change the way He feels about me. Just like any Father feels about his children.

I am impressed. However, I totally disagree with any belief in a supernatural God - because there is absolutely no proof. The Bible was written by the same religious nuts who were wrong about the earth being the center of the universe and many other scientific facts. There may be a superpower - but it ain't the narcissistic, vicious nut depicted in the Bible.
I agree if a "god" existed he ,she it. would not even be close to the biblical description and the people who twist and manipulate religions would have hell to pay.(pun indented)

So here's the thing.

Ego.

I was a militant atheist from the time I was 13 years old. I would be right up in your face if you tried preaching at me.

Right up until the day I had a white light experience. I kept what caused my sudden conversion to myself for many years. During that time, though, I went through a period where I was the kind of annoying person who knows God's will for not only myself, but for everyone. If you think I have a huge ego now, you should have seen me then.

Eventually my ego crashed and burned, as egos inevitably do.

I obviously cannot prove the existence of God, and it is unfortunate I cannot bring about the same experience I had in anyone else. So I just try to keep my own counsel as far as God goes. I know I will never bash anyone into believing in God. That is actually counterproductive.

Just as calling scientists agents of Satan is counterproductive.

So here's the thing.

Ego.

I agree if a "god" existed he ,she it. would not even be close to the biblical description and the people who twist and manipulate religions would have hell to pay.(pun indented)

I agree. According to the Bible, God was very proactive in the beginning - then nothing. What's up with that? He made Adam and Eve and didn't even provide them with toilet paper or feminine napkins. What's up with that?

So here's the thing.

Ego.

The God of the New Testament is the best God one could ask for. He is a forgiving God.

None of us are perfect. No matter how hard we try, no matter how spiritual we try to be, we are going to do things which would doom us in God's eyes. But he makes up the difference. He reaches across the gap by taking on the suffering we deserve for the harm we do.

Just like a Father does with his kids. I tell my kids the rules. Rules designed to protect them from themselves and others. They break those rules because they are human and think they are invincible. Then I get mad. But then I remember I love them, and reach over my anger to them.

That's the God of the New Testament.

So here's the thing.

Ego.

I was a militant atheist from the time I was 13 years old. I would be right up in your face if you tried preaching at me.

Right up until the day I had a white light experience. I kept what caused my sudden conversion to myself for many years. During that time, I went through a period where I was the kind of annoying person who knows God's will for not only myself, but for everyone. If you think I have a huge ego now, you should have seen me then.

Eventually my ego crashed and burned, as egos inevitably do.

I obviously cannot prove the existence of God, and it is unfortunate I cannot bring about the same experience I had in anyone else. So I just try to keep my own counsel as far as God goes. I know I will never bash anyone into believing in God. That is actually counterproductive.

Just as calling scientists agents of Satan is counterproductive.

Fair enough. I'm a devout Atheist - but not a militant one. I'll be very disappointed if I ever have an epiphany that changes that. I'm fine with all people of religious faith - so long as it doesn't impact my life. Whatever helps them make it through the day.

So here's the thing.

Ego.

The God of the New Testament is the best God one could ask for. He is a forgiving God.

None of us are perfect. No matter how hard we try, no matter how spiritual we try to be, we are going to do things which would doom us in God's eyes. But he makes up the difference. He reaches across the gap by taking on the suffering we deserve for the harm we do.

Just like a Father does with his kids. I tell my kids the rules. Rules designed to protect them from themselves and others. They break those rules because they are human and think they are invincible. Then I get mad. But then I remember I love them, and reach over my anger to them.

Yes, as people got smarter and began to question the viciousness of the Old Testament, they came out with the New Testament - a kinder, gentler version for the masses. Morality predates the Bible. Again, whatever gets you through the day. I respect your beliefs.

So here's the thing.

Ego.

Yes, as people got smarter and began to question the viciousness of the Old Testament, they came out with the New Testament - a kinder, gentler version for the masses. Morality predates the Bible. Again, whatever gets you through the day. I respect your beliefs.
As my kids get older and more mature, I relax the rules. I, too, get kinder and gentler. :)

So here's the thing.

Ego.

you're preaching:poke::razz:!

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct.”

In a speech delivered in 2012, Ben Carson said the big bang theory was part of the “fairy tales” pushed by “high-faluting scientists” as a story of creation.

Similarly, Carson, a noted creationist, said he believed the theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“Now what about the big bang theory,” said Carson at speech to fellow Seventh-day Adventists titled “Celebration of Creation,” about the theory for the origin of the universe.

“I find the big bang, really quite fascinating. I mean, here you have all these high-faluting scientists and they’re saying it was this gigantic explosion and everything came into perfect order. Now these are the same scientists that go around touting the second law of thermodynamics, which is entropy, which says that things move toward a state of disorganization.

“So now you’re gonna have this big explosion and everything becomes perfectly organized and when you ask them about it they say, ‘Well we can explain this, based on probability theory because if there’s enough big explosions, over a long period of time, billions and billions of years, one of them will be the perfect explosion,” continued Carson. “So I say what you’re telling me is if I blow a hurricane through a junkyard enough times over billions and billions of years, eventually after one of those hurricanes there will be a 747 fully loaded and ready to fly.”

Carson added that he believed the big bang was “even more ridiculous” because there is order to the universe.

“Well, I mean, it’s even more ridiculous than that ‘cause our solar system, not to mention the universe outside of that, is extraordinarily well organized, to the point where we can predict 70 years away when a comet is coming,” he said. “Now that type of organization to just come out of an explosion? I mean, you want to talk about fairy tales, that is amazing.”

Later, Carson said he personally believed Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct,” said Carson.

“Amazingly, there are a significant number of scientists who do not believe it but they’re afraid to say anything,” Carson added, saying he would be writing a book, “The Organ of Species,” that shows how the organs of the body refute evolution.

Ben Carson: Big Bang A Fairy Tale, Theory Of Evolution Encouraged By The Devil

OMG, I can't imagine this man as president.

I remember years ago, going to a Christian Evangelical Church with a friend and she told me with a straight face the exact same thing -- this is an adult. They believe dinosaurs are all made up by the devil to fool us.

It's all about power and controlling the way people think.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct.”

In a speech delivered in 2012, Ben Carson said the big bang theory was part of the “fairy tales” pushed by “high-faluting scientists” as a story of creation.

Similarly, Carson, a noted creationist, said he believed the theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“Now what about the big bang theory,” said Carson at speech to fellow Seventh-day Adventists titled “Celebration of Creation,” about the theory for the origin of the universe.

“I find the big bang, really quite fascinating. I mean, here you have all these high-faluting scientists and they’re saying it was this gigantic explosion and everything came into perfect order. Now these are the same scientists that go around touting the second law of thermodynamics, which is entropy, which says that things move toward a state of disorganization.

“So now you’re gonna have this big explosion and everything becomes perfectly organized and when you ask them about it they say, ‘Well we can explain this, based on probability theory because if there’s enough big explosions, over a long period of time, billions and billions of years, one of them will be the perfect explosion,” continued Carson. “So I say what you’re telling me is if I blow a hurricane through a junkyard enough times over billions and billions of years, eventually after one of those hurricanes there will be a 747 fully loaded and ready to fly.”

Carson added that he believed the big bang was “even more ridiculous” because there is order to the universe.

“Well, I mean, it’s even more ridiculous than that ‘cause our solar system, not to mention the universe outside of that, is extraordinarily well organized, to the point where we can predict 70 years away when a comet is coming,” he said. “Now that type of organization to just come out of an explosion? I mean, you want to talk about fairy tales, that is amazing.”

Later, Carson said he personally believed Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct,” said Carson.

“Amazingly, there are a significant number of scientists who do not believe it but they’re afraid to say anything,” Carson added, saying he would be writing a book, “The Organ of Species,” that shows how the organs of the body refute evolution.

I remember years ago, going to a Christian Evangelical Church with a friend and she told me with a straight face the exact same thing -- this is an adult. They believe dinosaurs are all made up by the devil to fool us.

my favorite is dinos on the ark.

I like the story of the Ark... when I was a child.

I like the story of the Ark... when I was a child.

Me to. It was my favorite fairy tale.

NoahCartoon.jpg

I've been saying it, and I'll say it again, this man is truly stupid. I'm hoping this thread turns into right wingers denying evolution so we can have a hilarious debate.

YOU, are saying Dr. Carson is stupid?

Forum List

Back