Being Aimar (A World War Analogy!)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Why is it that the modern world is conducive for all kinds of comic book oriented folklore?

Signing off (Happy Valentine's Day USMB!),

eagle.jpg

====

"As the 'midfielder' of a 'team' of paramilitary crusaders called 'G.I. Joes' contending with the forces of global nihilism, capitalism corruption, and anti-civilization terrorism, I (Aimar) have to be a force of sanity and pure focus, lest 9/11 have 100 times in 100 different places! We rely on the members of our 'squad' to be diplomats of marketing, consumerism, entertainment, and of course, on-field engagement with pure anti-Western sentiments (e.g., anti-TrumpUSA protesters). I'm the captain of both heaven and hell in this respect, and I have to coordinate my 'resume/profile' to best serve the entire team of highly-skilled field-agents (whoever that may be --- Tom Cruise, the archangel Michael, Melania Trump, whoever)."

3.jpg

"Our team is co-ed, but I like thinking about what the men and women do separately. The men are responsible for on-field bravado, marketing the machismo-face of consumerism (e.g., Lamborghini, Ford, NRA), and coordinating muscle with spiritual ethics. Since we're 'covert' and hand-selected by the U.S. government, we know we're each capable of great things. One member made potent media magazines about Communism paranoia, while another was engaging with the aftermath of Hiroshima-related anti-trade sentiments between Japan and America. The key is to appreciate the fact that the men have to act like men and priests simultaneously. Isn't that the appeal of films like The Warriors?"

4.jpg

"Fighting is never easy, and I think about how my 'warrior-avatar' complements the others on the squad and how the others complement me(!). I was involved in careful negotiations on Wall Street, the diligence-policies regarding North Korea nuclear-missile tests, the advertising of pluralism in modern programs marketed to youngsters, and the tackling of a deadly anti-capitalism 'plague' involving ISIS hackers on seemingly secured shopping websites. That's my job, and I love it! The warriors I work with would agree that our work represents the passion of world-citizens in forging a profitable geopolitical landscape (e.g., World Bank)."

warriors.jpg

"The women are equally-skilled and passionate. They're responsible for both the field morale as well as gender-bigotry debates. They have to deal with rape-crises neglect in modern commerce-biased media (reflected in talk-shows but not in the 'streets'). These women are both wise and cunning, and they really need to be, for just as in a co-ed fraternity at a college, the women of G.I. Joe serve to create an atmosphere of natural grace as well as complete devotion to the principles of facilitated democracy in this modern world of otherwise truly maddening-traffic (e.g., 1992 Los Angeles Race Riots). Remember that modernism must be wrestled with commercial diplomacy (e.g., hatred of women in D.C.)."

2.jpg

"In the end, commerce and capitalism in the modern world is really a negotiation, so all the team-members of 'G.I. Joe' are required to appear as agents of networking, communication, society advertising, and of course, the Internet. We want to be active on Facebook, Twitter, and for those of us who are 'celebrities,' the priority is to be 'available' to the mass audience as proponents of real fashion/customs. Otherwise, there would be no dividing line between fundamentalism and democracy-idealism. We'd be helpless in negotiating 'TrumpUSA' with Vanity Fair. That's the challenge, and it's an exciting (but dangerous) one!"

5.jpg

"Without a serious meditation on the odious responsibility of accounting for the sins/vices of all human beings in a capitalism-gauged world, I (Aimar) can not adequately make room for real mobilization in the face of the threat of complete geopolitical anarchy (e.g., 9/11) and commerce breakdown (e.g., D.C. shutdown). During the 1920s, Americans dealt with high mercantilism, couture, and then a stock-market crash. Today, it's all about tending to the reality of field-relevant patriotism (e.g., hunting bin Laden) and endorsing government-access media programs (e.g., CSPAN). You have to be a 'soldier of fortune,' and as midfielder of G.I. Joe, I have to be both the PR-representative as well as the 'closer'."

1.jpg

"Fortunately, if everyone does their part, and things go smoothly, we can 'sail past' the problems of real paranoia and anarchy that arose arguably after 9/11. G.I. Joe would be remembered as agents of empirical functionalism. If members faltered or failed to reach those with grave concerns, we resurrected ourselves to become diplomats of endurance/resilience, so the overall dream of global peace eclipsed the fears of political distrust (e.g., North Korea). That's also why one of our team-members (a woman named Scarlett) was appointed as the official bandleader of the Olympics, a sign of global peace and teamwork ethos in this age of TV."

ll.jpg

"I (Aimar) like to think that thanks to the musingly symbolic 'modernism-choreography' symbolism films of American actor Ben Affleck (Argo, The Accountant, The Town, Jersey Girl), the work of G.I. Joe will be considered a true feather in the history of capitalism and commerce negotiation. I like to think I'll be remembered more as a priest rather than an executioner. In the end, the dream of capitalism advocates is to ensure the proper and profitable handling of trade-treaties (e.g., North Korea and South Korea). We are also committed to environmentalism issues (e.g., global warming), which is why we are 'fans' of Al Gore."

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back