Before there was a "greatest generation"

With hindsight many people now see that FDR following the general's advice was a mistake.

There it is again. Typical democrat avoidance of responsibility. You are STILL trying to insulate FDR from HIS RESPONSIBILITY for HIS DECISION because facing the cold, hard facts gets in the way of a misplaced hero-worship thing you've got going on for the worst scumbag to ever soil the office of President of the United States.

You can't even bring yourself to give your OWN opinion directly and without excuses and qualifications. Typical.

Perhaps personal opinions, particularly regarding historical events should be based on reason, facts, some historical perspective instead of emotion. And as FDR, and other presidents have discovered, some generals are not to be trusted for advice that benefits their own prejudices. If FDR had put forth 1066 for his own benefit, for money, for political reasons he should be chastised, but he believed his general that it was for the safety of the nation and acted accordingly.

If you want my personal opinion without excuses or qualifications, here it is: Yes.

There it is again. Typical democrat avoidance of responsibility. You are STILL trying to insulate FDR from HIS RESPONSIBILITY for HIS DECISION because facing the cold, hard facts gets in the way of a misplaced hero-worship thing you've got going on for the worst scumbag to ever soil the office of President of the United States.
The worst? The United States is a paradise for scumbags in high office; I wonder that you are able to choose just one amidst so many rich possibilities.

Since Roosevelt seems to have deliberately manoeuvered the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor in order to get the US into the War -- turning America into a militaristic, imperialist power rampaging all over the world and making Americans brainwashed serfs -- I think throwing thousands of American citizens into concentration camps should be considered a minor peccadillo, relatively speaking.

The worst? The United States is a paradise for scumbags in high office; I wonder that you are able to choose just one amidst so many rich possibilities.

Since Roosevelt seems to have deliberately manoeuvered the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor in order to get the US into the War -- turning America into a militaristic, imperialist power rampaging all over the world and making Americans brainwashed serfs -- I think throwing thousands of American citizens into concentration camps should be considered a minor peccadillo, relatively speaking.

Geez, a country that supports a degenerate useless monarchy with a history of insanity lectures the US about high office.

Geez, a country that supports a degenerate useless monarchy with a history of insanity lectures the US about high office.
It is amusing that, because I have a reasonable vocabulary and command of grammar, and am not totally ignorant, as most Americans are, you immediately assume that I am a native of that "precious stone set in the silver sea."

Do you really have such a low opinion of Americans as to think that none of us can be educated or rational?

However, since you are notable for jumping to unwarranted conclusions in virtually all the threads in which you participate, I cannot really be surprised that you do so here, also.

I wish I were a native of England. I would certain find many more intelligent people with whom to converse than here, people not so afflicted with ignorance and incipient hysteria. Ah, well, I must make do with what I find in this barbarous transatlantic realm!

With hindsight many people now see that FDR following the general's advice was a mistake.

You can't even bring yourself to give your OWN opinion directly and without excuses and qualifications. Typical.

Perhaps personal opinions, particularly regarding historical events should be based on reason, facts, some historical perspective instead of emotion. And as FDR, and other presidents have discovered, some generals are not to be trusted for advice that benefits their own prejudices. If FDR had put forth 1066 for his own benefit, for money, for political reasons he should be chastised, but he believed his general that it was for the safety of the nation and acted accordingly.

If you want my personal opinion without excuses or qualifications, here it is: Yes.

So you support the idea of throwing innocent, loyal Americans into concentration camps and therefore support FDR's having done so? Did you finally manage to admit unambiguously to that position? You still, in typical democrat fashion, treat personal responsibility like some horrible disease to be avoided, but through the quote above and the sum of your comments thus far, we can only conclude that you support FDR's concentration camps and the reasoning behind them.

Here's why you are so afraid of holding the scumbag FDR personally and directly responsible for his concentration camps: Your support of them by excusing him means that YOU are as much of an Un-American scumbag as he was. You simply lack the means and opportunity to become as much of a historic villain as he did.

I wish I were a native of England. I would certain find many more intelligent people with whom to converse than here, people not so afflicted with ignorance and incipient hysteria. !

No one is forcing you to stay here, shitstain, and you would not be missed for a second. GTFO. What you'd probably find in short order is that people recognize a delusional idiot like you for what you are anywhere.

So you support the idea of throwing innocent, loyal Americans into concentration camps and therefore support FDR's having done so? Did you finally manage to admit unambiguously to that position? You still, in typical democrat fashion, treat personal responsibility like some horrible disease to be avoided, but through the quote above and the sum of your comments thus far, we can only conclude that you support FDR's concentration camps and the reasoning behind them.

Here's why you are so afraid of holding the scumbag FDR personally and directly responsible for his concentration camps: Your support of them by excusing him means that YOU are as much of an Un-American scumbag as he was. You simply lack the means and opportunity to become as much of a historic villain as he did.

Do I hold Bush responsible for 9/11, do I hold Reagan responsible for the loss of the marines in Lebannon, even as they slept, I do not. Some things just happen that should
not have and there's not much we can do about some things but learn, and I think, hope we learned something from the camps but I bet some have not.
As for my the camps being my responsibility I did not throw anyone in camps, FDR didn't even ask my advice. If FDR had emailed me I would have told him if DeWitt recommended it, don't. But frankly, I had my hands full at the time.

Do I hold Bush responsible for 9/11, do I hold Reagan responsible for the loss of the marines in Lebannon, even as they slept, I do not. .

Neither Bush nor Reagan signed executive orders calling for those things to happen.

That was your worst attempt so far...

As for my the camps being my responsibility I did not throw anyone in camps, FDR didn't even ask my advice. .

By excusing him his DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY, you give tacit approval to what he did.

Do you support other concentration camps, or just FDR's?

Last edited:
Given your well-established resistance to answering direct questions, I guess it's a waste of time to wait for an answer to even that simple question.

So, here it is:

"A place where large numbers of political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities are imprisoned"

It is amusing that, because I have a reasonable vocabulary and command of grammar, and am not totally ignorant, as most Americans are, you immediately assume that I am a native of that "precious stone set in the silver sea."

Do you really have such a low opinion of Americans as to think that none of us can be educated or rational?

However, since you are notable for jumping to unwarranted conclusions in virtually all the threads in which you participate, I cannot really be surprised that you do so here, also.

I wish I were a native of England. I would certain find many more intelligent people with whom to converse than here, people not so afflicted with ignorance and incipient hysteria. Ah, well, I must make do with what I find in this barbarous transatlantic realm!
No one is forcing you to stay here, shitstain, and you would not be missed for a second. GTFO. What you'd probably find in short order is that people recognize a delusional idiot like you for what you are anywhere.
Ah, thank you for reminding me, Unkotare! I forgot to mention that among a people who regard emotional restraint as a virtue, I would rarely witness the verbal clumsiness of people suffering from Tourette's Syndrome.

Last edited:
Given your well-established resistance to answering direct questions, I guess it's a waste of time to wait for an answer to even that simple question.

So, here it is:

"A place where large numbers of political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities are imprisoned"

Well, now that all the smoke has cleared, one generation of Americans still have the title of Greatest Generation and FDR is still rated as the greatest American president.

Ah, thank you for reminding me, Unkotare! I forgot to mention that among a people who regard emotional restraint as a virtue, I would rarely witness the verbal clumsiness of people suffering from Tourette's Syndrome.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQql-ZbZmg]Tombstone Well, bye short version - YouTube[/ame]

So, here it is:

Well, now that all the smoke has cleared, one generation of Americans still have the title of Greatest Generation and FDR is still rated as the greatest American president.

Well, now we see very clearly that you cannot justify your sticky-fingered hero worship of one of the worst villains in US History without admitting that YOU are an Un-American scumbag just as he was.

So, here it is:

Well, now we see very clearly that you cannot justify your sticky-fingered hero worship of one of the worst villains in US History without admitting that YOU are an Un-American scumbag just as he was.

What is that attack called in logic?

What is that attack called in logic?

It's called a conclusion based on your own attitude and repeated comments. You have the option of changing both in future exchanges. I suggest you exercise that option.

Forum List

Back