BEFORE it goes all viral and shit: TOTUS should remain legal!

Ah yes. Of course.

It's all the MSM's fault. Isn't it always?

What happened to taking responsibility for the stupid shit he keeps saying?

What's stupid about saying speeches shouldn't be canned, focus group treated propagandized talking point statements?
Do you think that Santorum writes his own stump speeches?

The question was why are we talking about this...the answer is, out of Santorum's entire address, this was singled out as the most important topic by the MSM to report on...not taxes, not the economy, not healthcare...this statement was the one the MSM choose to report on.
Rick Santorum has given hundreds of stump speeches already. We all already know his opinions on the economy, healthcare and taxes. He said nothing "new" about any of those things during that stump speech.

His suggestion to "ban" teleprompters was both "new", and either moronic, disingenuous, or both. Hence why it was reported on.

That's why we are discussing it instead of those other topics Santorum spoke on.

There are plenty of other threads on this message board that are all about Santorum. All of them have been talked to death.

This is new.

I'm sure his tongue was firmly planted in his cheek...but I'm equally sure it won't be reported that way.

Last edited:
What's stupid about saying speeches shouldn't be canned, focus group treated propagandized talking point statements?

Rick Santorum has given hundreds of stump speeches already. We all already know his opinions on the economy, healthcare and taxes. He said nothing "new" about any of those things during that stump speech.

His suggestion to "ban" teleprompters was both "new", and either moronic, disingenuous, or both. Hence why it was reported on.

That's why we are discussing it instead of those other topics Santorum spoke on.

There are plenty of other threads on this message board that are all about Santorum. All of them have been talked to death.

This is new.

I'm sure his tongue was firmly planted in his cheek...but I'm equally sure it won't be reported that way.

Maybe you're right, and he meant it as a "joke".

If so, he needs better campaign staff, to tell him to avoid "jokes" that can be taken out of context, and feed into the perception of him attempting to legislate everything.

This is new.

Maybe you're right, and he meant it as a "joke".

If so, he needs better campaign staff, to tell him to avoid "jokes" that can be taken out of context, and feed into the perception of him attempting to legislate everything.

Oh please. Grow a fucking spine. Frankly, I hope he was joking.... because otherwise it's a pretty damned stupid comment.... however.... the day we insist our politicians never joke... we may as well ALL give up on this country.

Santorum targeted Romney and President Barack Obama over one of the most heavily-used talking points used during this Republican primary – the teleprompter. "I always believed that when you run for president of the United States, it should be illegal to read off a teleprompter. Because all you're doing is reading someone else's words to people. You know, when you're running for president, people should know not what someone's writing for you after they've had pollsters and speech writers test it."
Santorum also acknowledged some of his own mistakes that have came from not using a teleprompter. "You know we get fired up sometimes and say some things that I wish I had a mulligan on if you will, but if you’re not scripted that’s going to happen," he said.
Sounds off the cuff, not joking, not a big issue.

First Read - Santorum dismisses delegate math and teleprompters

If teleprompters are outlawed only outlaws will have teleprompters.
Try carrying one of those into a bank...

"This is a... holdup. Put all the money into the... bag. Do not... trip the alarm." (applause)

yeah, and the back-alley will once again be used for non-improvised lectures.

Forum List

Back