BEFORE it goes all viral and shit: TOTUS should remain legal!

But campaigning along the Gulf Coast in the Tuesday primary state of Mississippi, Santorum took it a step further, saying use of the digital word machine should be outlawed.

Teleprompters and birth certificates, rather than jobs and the economy, the cornerstone of Obama’s reelection.

Good job, republicans.

I think they should stay legal, though I'd give up a week's pay just to watch Obama try to stumble through a speech without one.

Let me just jump on it and say, "NO!"

I do not agree that the use of teleprompters by politicians should be made illegal.

Santorum’s war on teleprompters – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"See, I always believed that when you run for president of the United States, it should be illegal to read off a teleprompter," Santorum said at a Gulfport restaurant. "Because all you're doing is reading someone else's words to people."

Hypocrite!!!

Here is Santorum on the 2012 campaign trail:
29eqd6a.jpg

This made my day.

But campaigning along the Gulf Coast in the Tuesday primary state of Mississippi, Santorum took it a step further, saying use of the digital word machine should be outlawed.

"See, I always believed that when you run for president of the United States, it should be illegal to read off a teleprompter," Santorum said at a Gulfport restaurant. "Because all you're doing is reading someone else's words to people."

Gotta love those small-government types...

If teleprompters are outlawed only outlaws will have teleprompters.
Try carrying one of those into a bank...

"This is a... holdup. Put all the money into the... bag. Do not... trip the alarm." (applause)

I do not agree that the use of teleprompters by politicians should be made illegal.

Hypocrite!!!

29eqd6a.jpg

Dude, that's CPAC 2012, folks give speech after speech for three days.

The promters stay on the stage.

Your ' gotcha ' is a dud...unless you have some proof he is using them.

Last edited:

Teleprompters and birth certificates, rather than jobs and the economy, the cornerstone of Obama’s reelection.

Good job, republicans.

Show us where Obama is not in fact talking about irrelevant things like Birth Control and attacking Sarah Palin or Rush Limbaugh, who is not even running for any office?

There is already a thread on this, yet another, stupid comment by Santorum.

I think we all know his day in the sun has passed anyhow so it really doesn't matter.

This made my day.

Gotta love those small-government types...

Ya.. Thinking about what you will say ahead of time when addressing the American public is stupid. We want our leaders to be all rogue and "mavericky"..shootin from the hip! We want to hear stuff like .....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKdbZWNqF00]President George W. Bush Says "Bring 'em on" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxnegxNEDAc]Catapult The Propaganda - YouTube[/ame]

Hypocrite!!!

29eqd6a.jpg

Dude, that's CPAC 2012, folks give speech after speech for three days.

The promters stay on the stage.

Your ' gotcha ' is a dud...unless you have some proof he is using them.

Romney, CPAC 2012 photo...teleprompter in the exact same location.

http://media.washtimes.com/media/community/photos/blog/entries/2012/02/11/Romney_CPAC-1_s640x426.jpg?d9df90bc03b78ac13713e2120229f166a08c6acb

why are we talking about teleprompters when gas is approaching $4 a gallon?

"We" are talking about teleprompters because Santorum is talking about teleprompters.

We are talking about teleprompters because that's the part of the speech the MSM decided to report on.

Ah yes. Of course.

It's all the MSM's fault. Isn't it always?

What happened to taking responsibility for the stupid shit he keeps saying?

"We" are talking about teleprompters because Santorum is talking about teleprompters.

We are talking about teleprompters because that's the part of the speech the MSM decided to report on.

Ah yes. Of course.

What's stupid about saying speeches shouldn't be canned, focus group treated propagandized talking point statements?

The question was why are we talking about this...the answer is, out of Santorum's entire address, this was singled out as the most important topic by the MSM to report on...not taxes, not the economy, not healthcare...this statement was the one the MSM choose to lead with.

That's why we are discussing it instead of those other topics Santorum spoke on.

Last edited:

Ah yes. Of course.

What's stupid about saying speeches shouldn't be canned, focus group treated propagandized talking point statements?
Do you think that Santorum writes his own stump speeches?

The question was why are we talking about this...the answer is, out of Santorum's entire address, this was singled out as the most important topic by the MSM to report on...not taxes, not the economy, not healthcare...this statement was the one the MSM choose to report on.
Rick Santorum has given hundreds of stump speeches already. We all already know his opinions on the economy, healthcare and taxes. He said nothing "new" about any of those things during that stump speech.

His suggestion to "ban" teleprompters was both "new", and either moronic, disingenuous, or both. Hence why it was reported on.

That's why we are discussing it instead of those other topics Santorum spoke on.

There are plenty of other threads on this message board that are all about Santorum. All of them have been talked to death.

This is new.

Forum List

Back