Before announcing stupid policy

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Maybe they should consult those in the business
But one miner warned that when it comes to the transportation sector, domestic resources for lithium, the most critical mineral used for electric vehicle production, may not be sufficient enough to meet some of the most ambitious targets. The Biden administration, for instance, aims to slash the sale of gas-powered vehicles to 50% of all new purchases by 2030.

“Yes, we’ll [eventually] have enough, but not by that time,” Keith Phillips, CEO of Piedmont Lithium (PLL), said in an interview with Yahoo Finance Live (video above). “There’s going to be a real crunch to get the material. We don’t have enough in the world to turn that much [lithium] production in the world by 2035.”

But one miner warned that when it comes to the transportation sector, domestic resources for lithium, the most critical mineral used for electric vehicle production, may not be sufficient enough to meet some of the most ambitious targets. The Biden administration, for instance, aims to slash the sale of gas-powered vehicles to 50% of all new purchases by 2030.

“Yes, we’ll [eventually] have enough, but not by that time,” Keith Phillips, CEO of Piedmont Lithium (PLL), said in an interview with Yahoo Finance Live (video above). “There’s going to be a real crunch to get the material. We don’t have enough in the world to turn that much [lithium] production in the world by 2035.”
Looks like some of you are going to have to walk, i guess....

Find lithium, make billions! :D

It's been known for some time.....Dems don't care as long as their chi-com masters are making money and kicking them back enough to stay fat and happy.

It's also been known that oil was running out, and what did they do? Mine more.

That there isn't enough NOW, doesn't mean there won't be more mines opened later. Maybe under your house is a large pile, we can kick you out, dig a huge hole in the ground.

Republicans complaining about things they like doing... weird.

That there isn't enough NOW, doesn't mean there won't be more mines opened later. Maybe under your house is a large pile, we can kick you out, dig a huge hole in the ground.

Due to govt regs opening a mine of any type takes yrs

Oil mine? That's a new one. :laughing0301:

Really? There are more KNOWN oil reserves now than at any time in history.

I hear lithium mining is very green and great for the species that used to live on that land. They get free government subsidized nests and retraining for green energy jobs.

Or not....and even if it has started....it's yrs.....and by then enviros could have turned against it and all that time energy and money is wasted

Yep, this could be the same for EVERYTHING. Let's not do anything because it might not be good in the future.
Let's not drive because we might not have enough oil left. Let's not breathe, we might use up all the oxygen.

Let's not go to the Moon because we might not be able to survive there...

I could go on and on.

Yep, this could be the same for EVERYTHING. Let's not do anything because it might not be good in the future.
Let's not drive because we might not have enough oil left. Let's not breathe, we might use up all the oxygen.

I could go on and on.
Yes you could, but you leave out one very important part of Green energy, the cost because Green Energy is so inefficient is $100 trillion. Democrats believe they can simply print the money and the rules of the economics can be changed to fit their ideology.

Yes you could, but you leave out one very important part of Green energy, the cost because Green Energy is so inefficient is $100 trillion. Democrats believe they can simply print the money and the rules of the economics can be changed to fit their ideology.

Inefficient NOW. Look at Europe. Not enough green energy, screwed by Russia. Think about it.

I could go on and on.
Nice try but no cigar. As noted it takes yrs to get approval to open a mine and if the enviros don't like.it add more years. Your "dream' also needs a vastly expanded grid which you are in the middle of shutting down . Ooops

Nice try but no cigar. As noted it takes yrs to get approval to open a mine and if the enviros don't like.it add more years. Your "dream' also needs a vastly expanded grid which you are in the middle of shutting down . Ooops

Maybe, and maybe not. You're not making a case for your argument. You're just saying it.

Forum List

Back