Because Thomas Duncan Lied - Shouldn't We Applaud Christie and Cuomo?

TheAmerican

May 4, 2014
This belief that everyone traveling from infected areas will

A. Be honest about contact (duncan)

Or

B. Be humble (medical staff returning)

is really quite foolish...because heck, we are all human.

There will be some doctor or nurse that will misdiagnose - simply because they either a) dont think that it could possibly happen to them or b) underestimate the signs because they believe the body is simply trying to fight a little cold from traveling so far.."oh my body is worn because Ive been traveling so long"

There will be some people that simply think that the US saved the world before, why not hop on the plane and do it again.

Duncan had explicitly stated that he hopped on the plane - fully aware that his daughter died from ebola. And I quote,

"And that's when he said to me his family had suffered a loss. That he had buried his daughter who had died in childbirth."

Ebola Inside the first U.S. diagnosis - CBS News

Why this thread, my liberal friends may ask?
The WH Pressed Tries To End Ebola Quarantine

Check this out... The Obama administration is pressuring New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) to reverse the mandatory quarantine for all health care workers who have treated Ebola patients, the New York Times reported Sunday.

Source: White House Presses States To End Ebola Quarantine Report

Last edited:
She is already being released...

Yes, thank you.

By the way, even though you try to troll me - endlessly, I have to thank you...because you help bump my threads lol. Just a little joke somewhat!

So here I must state you are reaching across the aisle - otherwise in my threads, people just look at them and dont say a word.

Or

There will some doctor or nurse that will misdiagnose - simply because they either a) dont think that it could possibly happen to them or b) underestimate the signs because they believe the body is simply trying to fight a little cold from traveling so far.."oh my body is worn because Ive been traveling so long"

There will be some people that simply think that the US saved the world before, why not hop on the plane and do it again.

Duncan had explicitly stated that he hopped on the plane - fully aware that his daughter died from ebola. And I quote,

"And that's when he said to me his family had suffered a loss. That he had buried his daughter who had died in childbirth."

Check this out... The Obama administration is pressuring New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) to reverse the mandatory quarantine for all health care workers who have treated Ebola patients, the New York Times reported Sunday.

Cuomo and Christie caved because they may have wanted to avoid lawsuits from the DOJ's attack dogs.
I believe this nurse who hired an ACLU attorney because "my basic human rights were violated", is a self involved self promoting narcissistic flaming lib who wants her 15 minutes of fame.
If she were a true medical professional she would welcome the quarantine. But no. She's too good for that. She believes HER civil rights trump the civil rights of others.
I'd like to ask her "and if you become symptomatic and others around you become infected as well? What about the thousands of people you put at risk because of your selfishness?
Now we have US Secretary Moon saying the US should not quarantine medical professionals returning from Ebola hot spots. I don't see Mr Moon inviting these people to stay in HIS home.

She is already being released...
So sorry she was inconvenienced for a few days.
Why tell me? You should tell her...

I don't see anything wrong with quarantining them when they've been treating ebola patients. sorry.

I agree!
I dont either!

Poor her. She had to be in a clean room all day to await her tests. I would fire her if she was my employee!

I just thought she was a bit belligerent under the circumstances. while I respect her working with these patients, I think that even though we know that the disease isn't communicable when the patient isn't symptomatic, we can't trust people to be honest, as we saw.

even the dr who's in Bellevue, he knew he was at risk and was watching himself. yet, he couldn't manage to stay around his home for a few days and instead, took the subway, went bowling, ate at the meatball shoppe and rode in an uber car.

i'm not sure that's responsible under the circumstances.

Or

There will some doctor or nurse that will misdiagnose - simply because they either a) dont think that it could possibly happen to them or b) underestimate the signs because they believe the body is simply trying to fight a little cold from traveling so far.."oh my body is worn because Ive been traveling so long"

Cuomo and Christie caved because they may have wanted to avoid lawsuits from the DOJ's attack dogs.
I believe this nurse who hired an ACLU attorney because "my basic human rights were violated", is a self involved self promoting narcissistic flaming lib who wants her 15 minutes of fame.
If she were a true medical professional she would welcome the quarantine. But no. She's too good for that. She believes HER civil rights trump the civil rights of others.
I'd like to ask her "and if you become symptomatic and others around you become infected as well? What about the thousands of people you put at risk because of your selfishness?
Now we have US Secretary Moon saying the US should not quarantine medical professionals returning from Ebola hot spots. I don't see Mr Moon inviting these people to stay in HIS home.

caved? you mean didn't want hysteria generated in large, populous areas and didn't want the cost to the economy that shutting down businesses, like happened in NYC would encompass?

ok.

Or

BINGO! She is a narcissist! She needs to help people lower than her and she has to make sure they are dependent on her!

She will be a MSNBC correspondent next year!!

Or

BINGO! She is a narcissist! She needs to help people lower than her and she has to make sure they are dependent on her!

so I lose my liberal credentials because I don't feel sympathy for her?

how about we stick to what we know and not decide that not everything you disagree with is "liberal". :thup:

Or

how about we stick to what we know and not decide that not everything you disagree with is "liberal". :thup:

I agree with you guys too - on rare occasions. (Insert hearty laugh here!)

The MSNBC line was a joke. You guys managed to get Steele on MSNBC - and I liked him, reasonable fellow. But really, it just shows me that this site rocks - we can agree and disagree without labels.

My mom is a liberal, and if me and my dad could deal with her theories, I should be ok on this site. I tend to kid a lot. Hope you get my humor this time.

Or

The MSNBC line was a joke. You guys managed to get Steele on MSNBC - and I liked him, reasonable fellow. But really, it just shows me that this site rocks - we can agree and disagree without labels.

My mom is a liberal, and if me and my dad could deal with her theories, I should be ok on this site. I tend to kid a lot. Hope you get my humor this time.

I like steele, too. since he left his job with the GOP, he's become rational. I don't agree with everything he says, but I agree with some of it.

well, now that I know you've got a sense of humor, we're cool. i'm the offspring of a liberal mother and conservative father. well, she used to be liberal until my folks left Brooklyn and my dad and faux news corrupted her. :dunno:

but she's still ok on social issues once you peel her away from bill o'reilly.

Or

I like steele, too. since he left his job with the GOP, he's become rational. I don't agree with everything he says, but I agree with some of it.

well, now that I know you've got a sense of humor, we're cool. i'm the offspring of a liberal mother and conservative father. well, she used to be liberal until my folks left Brooklyn and my dad and faux news corrupted her. :dunno:

So you know how my house looks during any political discussion. Doesnt help many of my college buddies are liberal. Haha! Often I am outnumbered.

Me and my dad need your father around - my mom? Stubborn as a mule. And yes we are cool! Most you will get out of me is a discussion on policies or a dose of sarcasm - never mean spirited.

Or

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Or

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you! And we got another case in NY - a scare, unsure if the boy has been tested. But glad that I am not alone here!!!

So you know how my house looks during any political discussion. Doesnt help many of my college buddies are liberal. Haha! Often I am outnumbered.

Me and my dad need your father around - my mom? Stubborn as a mule. And yes we are cool! Most you will get out of me is a discussion on policies or a dose of sarcasm - never mean spirited.

family gatherings can be difficult. my brother threatens to have me disowned. lol luckily, my cousin who lived in dallas for a few years, became a convert when he moved from new jersey. I guess texas was just too much for him to abide. he now only votes democrat. and my son had to read Zinn for AP US History.... you know how that turned out. my father avoids those discussions with him now. :D

Forum List

Back