Beautiful nature photos here please!!

My husband took this photo through our front door.

paravani-albums-home-picture5265-riverviewsmall.jpg

-- Paravani

-- Paravani

Also very beautiful, do you get floods? There's been a lot of areas in the UK over the last few years that have flooded like never before

I've tried other sites but there's alot of name calling and nastiness, can't be arsed with all that
tho i do speak my mind which sometimes don't go down well , but ya can't be anyone other than yourself :)

oh yea, there are some pretty wild sites out there. some get really nasty. there are a few good ones around too. you never know what you are going to get.

That's very kind of you, j think you and you wife would be very welcoming, but a few days back you thought I was Connery? As ya can see I'm not , not that that would be a bad thing :)

Nah, that was Misty -- the stupid woman who always wears underwear? She's not very nice -- at least, not to other women. I think you're just so pretty she felt threatened, and was hoping you were a sock puppet.

Spoonman's okay.

-- Paravani

Also very beautiful, do you get floods? There's been a lot of areas in the UK over the last few years that have flooded like never before

We're too high up in the mountains to get real floods unless there's a tropical monsoon after lots of snow. But we hardly ever get that much snow.

We got a lot of snow last year, and it was so deep for so long that the power stayed out for two weeks, and we couldn't move in to our cabin! When it finally melted, the creek got high and fast, and it roared so loudly that you could tell it EATS people!

But we're close to the source of our creek, up in the mountains where it doesn't accumulate enough for big floods.

On the other hand, the downstream river into which the creek empties ate a house that week. A brand-new house it was, too... but they should have known better than to build so close to that river.

-- Paravani

To be honest paravani , Misty wasn't really unpleasant to me i think it was more Skye, but was very suspicious that we'd joined the same day, but honest if shed gotten to know us i think she'd realize we all completely different

so as regards to your photo are you far away from any towns and neighbours ?

paravani ... as regards to your photo are you far away from any towns and neighbours?

We're in a small "vacation" neighborhood about 10 minutes from a tiny town with a couple of restaurants, a hardware store, and one really nice grocery store; we're 35 minutes from urban population centers. We have neighbors, but we don't see them much and we hardly ever hear them even when they're using power tools, because the creek rapids provide loud "white noise" that drowns out every other noise... so it seems just really quiet.

We lived in the city until about a year ago when we moved out here. It's nice out here, and my hubby decided pretty much on the first day that he didn't mind the long commute, because it was so wonderful to come home to THIS.

And though we know that our neighbors are close, they're not so close that any of them can see in our windows. On hot nights in the summer, I've occasionally stood on our front porch to watch the creek, naked as a newborn babe ... just because I can!

-- Paravani

Last edited:
i would love to have no neighbours , from your pic tho it looks like your right on the river, you must need to be real organised for the weather conditions, around where i live we can pop to the shop in a 2 minute walk, i'm about 9 miles out of Birmingham, woods opposite but on a housing estate
this is up by the local park

pgfTd.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back