Bears Ears Monument hatred on the news right now from Monticello, Ut

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
The haters of American national heritage (ex: co-opted Native American >> San Juan Record - Classifieds, Events, Businesses in Monticello, San Juan County, Utah - Bears Ears National Monument designation disastrous for Utah grassroots Navajos

The Monument is good for all Americans, good for Utahans, and good for Utah.

The corporations and the locals have no invested economic 'right' to tear up the environment.

Ese.

How about we declare your back yard a national monument?

The haters of American national heritage (ex: co-opted Native American >> San Juan Record - Classifieds, Events, Businesses in Monticello, San Juan County, Utah - Bears Ears National Monument designation disastrous for Utah grassroots Navajos

The corporations and the locals have no invested economic 'right' to tear up the environment.

Ese.
You just let us republicans decide if they want this or not. If they dont, then it isnt happening because, they run this shit now.

• Banned
I own my back yard. All of America owns Bears Ears. Big difference, Marty.

• Banned

Ese.
You just let us republicans decide if they want this or not. If they dont, then it isnt happening because, they run this shit now.
It's done. The Act was deliberately set up so that an Act of Congress or a Presidential EO can't undo it. Even Alito won't overturn it, but that is because Obama told him what would happen if he acted out in public again. Alito has been very sullen and quiet around his master the last few years.

Tell that to people from Utah.

The issue isn't the designation, the issue is the designation has gone from protection and careful use of the land to "no one touches the land except bugs and bunny hippy twats"

Mining and extraction can be done with minimal impact, land can be used for grazing responsibly, but assholes like yourself don't grasp that. THAT is what pisses off people out West when it comes to federal control of land.

Ese.
It's done. The Act was deliberately set up so that an Act of Congress or a Presidential EO can't undo it. Even Alito won't overturn it, but that is because Obama told him what would happen if he acted out in public again. Alito has been very sullen and quiet around his master the last few years.
BS. Congress need merely repeal the act or modify it to accomplish its wishes.

Ese.

Actually, if that is Navajo land it is THEIRS. Not "ours". The native indians either have the right to their own land, or they are slaves fakey. Can't have it both ways.

Tell that to people from Utah.

The issue isn't the designation, the issue is the designation has gone from protection and careful use of the land to "no one touches the land except bugs and bunny hippy twats"

Mining and extraction can be done with minimal impact, land can be used for grazing responsibly, but assholes like yourself don't grasp that. THAT is what pisses off people out West when it comes to federal control of land.
You have no idea then, based on the language of the Act, of what will be the impact. The San Juan County whites get mad when they are caught and punished for pilfering Native American sites and even madder when the indigenous peoples come and dig up Mormon graveyards in retaliation. And then you dare when about matters you don't comprehend.

Better study up, bud.

Last edited:

Ese.
Actually, if that is Navajo land it is THEIRS. Not "ours". The native indians either have the right to their own land, or they are slaves fakey. Can't have it both ways.
westwall, your neo-anarchism blinds you to reality and at times morality. Most of the land is on the Rez, kid, and the first peoples, five nations who are generally in conflict with one other as well as the whites, have a large share in governing how the Monument will be managed.

You all better go study up, because your ignorance is . . . dare I say it . . . monumental. And stopp the hissy, please.

Last edited:
Obama must have a suitcases of wrenches to throw, out of spite, before he vacates the WH

Wish we could just lock him in a closet for three weeks, then leave a big foot print on his back side as he walks out the door

Obama must have a suitcases of wrenches to throw, out of spite, before he vacates the WH Wish we could just lock him in a closet for three weeks, then leave a big foot print on his back side as he walks out the door
Tough to be you, not how it works.

Ese.
westwall, your neo-anarchism blinds you to reality and at times morality. Most of the land is on the Rez, kid, and the first peoples, five nations who are generally in conflict with one other as well as the whites, have a large share in governing how the Monument will be managed.

You all better go study up, because your ignorance is . . . dare I say it . . . monumental. And stopp the hissy, please.

Wrong fakey. The land was deeded to the Navajo Nation. They are a SOVEREIGN nation, not beholden to the likes of us and our petty demands. They have very little land in the over all scheme of things. How about we leave their land alone and make a monument out of land that is "ours". Or, are you one of those asshats who thinks that taking land away from indigenous people is OK like every other imperialist douchebag who has ever done so?

westwall does manifest his ignorance and won't read the agreement of the tribes to the Monument documents. You are not worth talking to on this thread anymore until you show some understanding of the document, the history, and the tribes.

westwall does manifest his ignorance and won't read the agreement of the tribes to the Monument documents. You are not worth talking to on this thread anymore until you show some understanding of the document, the history, and the tribes.

How much time have you spent on the Aneth Indian reservation fakey? I've spent lots. I will stack my local knowledge up against your fake knowledge any day of the week.

Forum List

Back