Be honest. "Gay rights" is code for more affirmative action.

As far as I'm concerned, the division came when those rich people weren't happy with just being rich, and decided that they needed to be FILTHY rich.

So you got Mitt Romney telling people who paid more for a lunch than most Americans make in a year about how those people were all lazy and were going to vote for Obama and he wasn't even going to bother talking to them.

Too bad one of those working Joes had a video camera!

So that was you taking dirty pictures Joe?
:clap2:
Report to my office at 7 am tomorrow morn for your next assignment!
:lol:

Ahhh. funny. That was kind of clever, actually.

Nice deflection from the point.

The point is, you can't have that much disparity in wealth and then not have it bite you in the ass.

Sour puss Joe. Just trying to bet that concrete collar off you neck and make you laugh dude.
Back to helping that dude poet Joe.

Sorry but the AMA views gay as "normal variant"...and I'll take their word over yours.
5 % of the population? Try 20 %, "low-balling". And drop the condescending tone.

Condescending? What the hell are you talking about. I have not been condescending this entire time. I simply said that aberrant was not an incorrect word to use. i cant help it if you do not understand what words mean.

20% is not even in the ball park by the way.
By states, the HIGHEST percentage is 8 percent. 5% is far closer to the average with a whopping 8 whole states that are higher than 5%.
LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1 District of Columbia 8.1%
2 New Hampshire 6.6%
3 Washington 5.7%
4 Massachusetts 5.7%
5 Maine 5.2%
6 California 5.2%
7 Colorado 5.1%
8 Vermont 5.1%
9 New Mexico 4.9%
10 Minnesota 4.7%

The LGBT community is NOWHERE near 20%. It is likely even far lower than 5%:
A Gallup report published in October 2012 by the Williams Institute reported that 3.4% of US adults identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.

LOL. 20 % is closer to the truth. I thought you knew. I hope you fathom the ramifications. All your friends and relatives ain't been telling you the truth.
?

So I give you a source and you reply that it is incorrect because... you said so. All my friends and relatives? I did not base this on ANYTHING personal but they certainly are telling the truth. Ramifications? What possible ramifications could there be to having a higher gay rate? None, really. We, as a family, do not practice any insanity that would cause a gay member that actually knew they were gay to hide. I have an openly gay cousin and she is accepted as any other member. Why do you need to make this personal when I didn't bring anything personal into this? Why do you need to try and besmirch me instead of dealing with actual facts? You are blathering because you have no argument.

That is ignorant. Sorry to burst your bubble but nowhere near 20% of people are gay. The sad reality is that I really don't care how many are gay, I believe in equal rights and as much freedom as possible and you STILL feel the need to lie about facts. I do not understand why!

Gays do not need affirmative action. They tend to do quite well finacially

What they want is an equal application of our laws

This is actually a good point and from RW of all paces lol.

OP, gays don't need affirmative action as I think that they average better pay than non-gays.

A look at household income and discretionary spend of lesbian, gay and heterosexual Americans | Marketing Forward

So, that kind of kills the whole affirmative action idea - they are already there, they just need marriage equality.

Yes, if you believe in stupid fairy tales, and follow pedophiles and liars, I pretty much judge you to be some kind of idiot.

On the other hand, I've known a lot of people with "psuedo-African names" in the Army and in the business world. Most of them are pretty decent workers. My experience in the private sector is that 90% of the time, it's the management that's the problem.

You can not complete a sentence without blaming something on some one that makes more than you.

Put the blame where it belongs.

The Great Recession didn't happen because workin' Joes weren't working hard enough. Worker productivity was at record levels in the Oughts... (As in "we ought to have not elected that retard, Bush!")

It happened because the Rich got too greedy and stupid.

Do you know why worker productivity increases pretty much steadily year after year?

Management decisions and capital investment, that's why. Take for instance, the computer controlled milling machine. a substantial investment in new technology by management has made your typical milling machine operator 20 times more productive. Of course 19 operators are flipping burgers.
Workers at banks are more productive because they can find and move information in seconds that used to take weeks.
Even an airline pilot is 4 times as productive because he moves twice as many people twice as fast.
So, what did the pilot do to become 4 x as productive? He learned some new controls and technical terms, but basically, if you can fly a Boeing 377. you can fly a 737.
So, what really did these workers do to become more productive?
It turns out, actually very little after some initial training. They don't work longer hours, lift anything heavier or work in less safe conditions.
They simply utilize the technology management provides.

I judge people based on what they believe, and their inability to use logic.

Judging by the statements above, you judge folks on their skin color.

No, you tell people what you think they believe and then judge them based on how much money they make.

Not that I think you or Ernie are rich as you claim you are. (actually, I find nothing more sad and pathetic than people who get behind a screen name and brag how much money they are supposedly making. Except maybe guys who get on the internet and brag about their penis size.)

But, yes, I do judge the fact that the wealthy wrecked the economy. the ironic thing is, they had it pretty good under Clinton. Yeah, they had to pay a whopping 39% tax rate, but they were making obscene amounts of money. They just had to give some of it to the working Joes.

Can't have that. They'd rather crash the economy than share. First, let's get the retarded son of an ex-president in there. Yeah. that ought to do it.

Except I've never bragged about how much money I have, you lying sack of shit.

No sir! I judge people based on their character. You, however judge based on religion.
We all stereotype people to a certain extent it can't be helped. I tend to judge based on experience. Experience tells me that people who give their kids pseudo-African names self identify as African American. A great many of them are the same folks that sat in pews on Sunday and listened to the Jeremiah Wrights of the world convince them that whitey wants to keep them down. I don't want someone of that attitude because they were raised in that environment, representing my company. I want competence, not attitude and I don't give a shit what color skin competence (or attitude) wears.
I've got news for you. Us capitalistic pigs have no interest in keeping the black man on the plantation. If you're poor, you suck as a customer.

What a crock. You'd have to have "character", to assess character. You're blinded by stereotypes and your own distorted perception of reality. For you to label me as a racist for merely calling the racism of white forum members here, certifies you as "unstable" and "clueless". Black racists do not invite whites to their homes, have any interaction with, and/or "cajole" and socialize. The fact that I, indeed, do, belies any suggestion that I could possibly be a racist.
That being said, what is it to you how folks "self-identify" (as if they had to answer to you)? African Americans naming their offspring "non-traditional names", doesn't speak to how they identify, as it could be for a variety of reasons, none of which are any of your business.
And due to the First Amendment of The Constitution, folks are free to practice whatever faith or religion they so choose, and to listen to whomever, for whatever reason or rhyme.
There is no need to convince anyone of certain truths: "Whitey" (as you put it, not I) has not only kept minorities "down", but has disenfranchised, murdered, tortured, raped, castigated, institutionalized and generally oppressed them, without the insight or the rhetoric from the Jeremiah Wrights of the world.
And truth be told, you have no notion of what someone in your company thinks of you, truly. In order to keep a job, they probably wouldn't call you the SOB you are, to your face, but will allow you fall on your ass (or face) should the opportunity present itself.....mainly, because you're an asshole. Yeah, let's take a vote on your company morale and loyalty.
And you most certainly do care about skin color, else you wouldn't have gone off on me and mine. Hypocrite.

poet, let me appeal to your reason and common sense as I believe you have both. I fault you not for being upset at the way some in society have treated you for being who you are. Believe it or not you have more allies than you know and most of them may not be all the way there as far as full acceptance of who you are.
And does it really matter poet how far along they are in their acceptance of you? I started to see discrimination against all sorts of folks when I was 4 years old in 1958. Things are not the way they used to be and the majority of folks that I know now that fully accept you now were no where near that in 1958! And how did MLK Jr., a great American and human being, do it? He went about his work in your face but with a smile and never a harsh word.
You are gaining ground faster and faster and faster and I know many people that are almost there and they would be many here.
Give it time as things are going fast and sometimes that takes a while, a little longer for folks that are as impatient as you and I are. Put your hand out and tell them who you are, why you are doing what you do and smile if they do not agree with you. Always give them the respect you know you deserve and stay away from the fight and anger that you have, and I admire the hell out of, because it runs the very folks that are changing but are just not all the way there yet. Deep down they are not bad folks because they are already partially down the road. I never looked down on black folks but I did on homosexuals until about late 80s - early 90s. I changed and most will also change.
After all poet, you know you are right so what else matters?

Must spread, dammit! I owe you one.

Nobody needs affirmative action - but everybody wants it. Everybody wants the govt to take from other people and give to them.

We saw it with blacks and hispanics and women and disabled. They say they want equal rights but it's just the opposite. They want special treatment in things like jobs and college scholarships. The perverts are playing the same game - take from the normals and give to me.

Exactly.

LOL, so if you had someone in your company that went out and brought in clients that bought 50 million in sales for you he would not be worth $500,000.00?

LOL, Joe you kill me. I like you man but you need to move to a commune somewhere because you have no clue how capitalism works.

That person that brings in 50 million in sales himself IS AS PRODUCTIVE AS ANY WORKER COULD EVER BE.

No, he wouldn't be worth 500,000 because frankly, if there are 50 million in sales, that's being generated by workers making the goods or services. He'd have jack-diddly to sell if the work wasn't being done, and wasn't being done reliably. He'd just be writing bad checks.

It takes a true Marxist idiot not to understand that products don't climb off the shelf and sell themselves. The idea that salespeople don't contribute anything to production is pure ignorance. Sales people are often the most highly paid personnel in the company for a reason: without sales, there is no company. There is no revenue and no money to pay the salaries of union boneheads like you.

The unfortunate thing was, in the Bush economy, we had a whole economy based on that. Gutting the middle class through union-busting, offshoring, outsourcing, right to work and at will employment. Until the whole facade collapsed.

In typical knee-jerk fashion, Joe the union bonehead regurgitates all the typical anti-capitalist left-wing talking points.

Now you are stuck with Obama, a Guy I'd have never voted for 10 years ago.

Your stuck with him too, moron. Didn't you ever consider that?

Nobody needs affirmative action - but everybody wants it. Everybody wants the govt to take from other people and give to them.
Where marriage equality is concerned, what precisely is being 'taken' from you? Applying laws evenly for all citizens doe not require anything being 'taken' from you at all.

You can not complete a sentence without blaming something on some one that makes more than you.

Put the blame where it belongs.

The Great Recession didn't happen because workin' Joes weren't working hard enough. Worker productivity was at record levels in the Oughts... (As in "we ought to have not elected that retard, Bush!")

It happened because the Rich got too greedy and stupid.

Do you know why worker productivity increases pretty much steadily year after year?

Management decisions and capital investment, that's why. Take for instance, the computer controlled milling machine. a substantial investment in new technology by management has made your typical milling machine operator 20 times more productive. Of course 19 operators are flipping burgers.
Workers at banks are more productive because they can find and move information in seconds that used to take weeks.
Even an airline pilot is 4 times as productive because he moves twice as many people twice as fast.
So, what did the pilot do to become 4 x as productive? He learned some new controls and technical terms, but basically, if you can fly a Boeing 377. you can fly a 737.
So, what really did these workers do to become more productive?
It turns out, actually very little after some initial training. They don't work longer hours, lift anything heavier or work in less safe conditions.
They simply utilize the technology management provides.

Bravo. Well stated. This concept is something the union boneheads refuse to understand: they don't deserve an ounce of credit for their productivity or their high pay.

Where marriage equality is concerned, what precisely is being 'taken' from you? Applying laws evenly for all citizens doe not require anything being 'taken' from you at all.

You are so right!! These absurd statements remind me of when that idiot Rick Santorum said that gays being able to marry would threaten not only his marriage, but every marriage in America. The Newsroom did a great piece on it:

Last edited by a moderator:

What has been taken from you?

You don't believe you get "free stuff" ?

We saw it with blacks and hispanics and women and disabled. They say they want equal rights but it's just the opposite. They want special treatment in things like jobs and college scholarships. The perverts are playing the same game - take from the normals and give to me.

Exactly.

You are insane in the brain.
A Christian always tries to look at the positive qualities in folks first.
You are no where near that.

Forum List

Back