Battle of New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Jacksons energy got results, and timely reinforcorcements from Kentucky and Tennessee brought his avaiable forces to a little over 5,000. After several minor attacks in December, the British launched theur grand assault at dawn of January 8, 1815.

It was a foolhardy attempt - an attack in close columns against earthworths defended by artillery and firlfemen whose aim was known to be deadly.

The assault t ended in a terrible defeat for the British.

The British lost their three highest -ranking officers, some 2,000 other casualties, and the city of New Orleans. Jacksons loseses were just 13 killed.

They ran through the brears and they ran through the brambles
They ran through the bushes where a rabbit wouldn't go
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch them
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.....Johnny Horton

They ran through the brears and they ran through the brambles
They ran through the bushes where a rabbit wouldn't go
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch them
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.....Johnny Horton

Paled in comparison to the Battle of NO after Katrina

z-169.jpg

Brits left with tail-between -legs

Didnt mess with us again............................

The war was over before the battle, therefore it was an inconsequential influance over the British not "messing with us again." If anything, the war tought the Americans, who unsuccessfully invaded Canada, and burnt their parliment, and had Washington burnt in retaliation, not to mess with the British.

Overwhelming British Naval superiority also destroyed American commerce during the war. Northern states would call it "Madison's War" in their press.

The Americans didn't defeat the British as much as Napoleon wore them down: After the defeat of Napoleon, there was no need to press "American Sailors" (often British deserters). Regardless, the Army still had their orders, and sent regiments from the European theatre to the American theatre landing south of NO where they were defeated.

I've actually visited the battlefield: Surprisingly small space.

I grew up in Oklahoma around alot of Indians.

They hate Andrew Jackson.

It's that "Trail of Tears" thing.

Anyway, they refuse to carry a $20 bill on them because it has Andrew Jacksons picture on it.

When they are at a store and someone hands them a $20 in change.

They will hand it back and ask for a couple of $10's :cool:

I grew up in Oklahoma around alot of Indians.

They hate Andrew Jackson.

It's that "Trail of Tears" thing.

Anyway, they refuse to carry a $20 bill on them because it has Andrew Jacksons picture on it.

When they are at a store and someone hands them a $20 in change.

They will hand it back and ask for a couple of $10's :cool:

You know Indians that carry around more than $5-6 dollars until they can buy a pint of McCormick Whiskey?

:eek:

Them's some rich Injuns.

The war was over before the battle, therefore it was an inconsequential influance over the British not "messing with us again." If anything, the war tought the Americans, who unsuccessfully invaded Canada, and burnt their parliment, and had Washington burnt in retaliation, not to mess with the British.

Overwhelming British Naval superiority also destroyed American commerce during the war. Northern states would call it "Madison's War" in their press.

The Americans didn't defeat the British as much as Napoleon wore them down: After the defeat of Napoleon, there was no need to press "American Sailors" (often British deserters). Regardless, the Army still had their orders, and sent regiments from the European theatre to the American theatre landing south of NO where they were defeated.

Last Word - Battle of NO was a DEvastating defeat forthe Briths,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

On equagual tracks - the colonianls punkedthemother cuntreyn

Last Word - Battle of NO was a DEvastating defeat forthe Briths,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

On equagual tracks - the colonianls punkedthemother cuntreyn

Yes, well, I'll let you stumble around drooling on yourself before you pass out and I take your wallet, m'k?

Whatever

PUNKED the Brits in Battle of NO

LAST WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

US still has military bases in Brtiain.

In effect -we occupy britain.

Actually- John Paul Jones even raided their coast during the revolution

We punked the cruds in battle of no

Last edited:
Andrew Jackson is my favorite president.

He shut down what is known today as the Federal Reserve. :cool:

AND he hated the UK, and banksters, too.

He was, as most presidents tend to be, a mixed bag.

His trail of tears history is a black mark on his record, for example.

His trail of tears history is a black mark on his record, for example.

A "Black Mark" only in hindsight.

I'm sure that there are plenty of articles that site historical references sympathetic to Native Americans written by those who would hope to revise history, but the vast majority of voting Americans approved of the status quo: At the time, it was quite acceptable, even encouraged, to take land with the consideration of the present Native American inhabitants being of little or no consequence.

Battle of New Orleans - best "no-count" disaster in British military annals

Redcoats got punked..........................

Katrina......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back