Batman Begins

My son did some research on the above "Joker" pic and came up with this.
It appears someone doctored the photo from this pic from the 1928 movie The Man Who Laughs.

I think the actor's name is Conrad Veidt.

20b2885760f0c6fddd1300c93352206e-.jpg

Ah, the mystery revealed.

Well, here's to hoping Joker's cool-looking, anyway.

There's no bigger Steve Carell fan than me, but there's no way the dude could pull off the Joker, unless they're going in a REALLY different direction with it. He doesn't have the build, the face, the voice, or anything for the Joker. That said, I think The 40-Year-Old Virgin is going to be hilarious.

From Moviehole:
-----------------------

With Steve Carell the new fave over at the Warner compound - he's doing "Get Smart" for the studio, produced by "Batman Begins" Charles Roven - it's no surprise to hear that he's being considered for a role in the upcoming "Batman Begins" sequel.

According to Batman-On-Film, 2005's answer to Jim Carrey - who is currently appearing in "Bewitched" - has emerged as a new fave to wear the killer smile of Gotham's clown prince of crime, The Joker.

"...the studio wants to get someone relatively known, and can do comedy and drama. One guy brought up the idea of Steve Carell, star of 'The Office' and the upcoming film 'The 40 Year Old Virgin.' and the studio is starting to like the idea", says the scooper.

Carell's got some competition though : Lachy Hulme ["M"], Paul Bettany ["A Knight's Tale"] and Sean Penn ["The Interpreter"] are also said to be in the running.

In addition, we can finally debunk reports that Isla Fisher is up for a role in the sequel. Apparently there's no love interest even pencilled in for the film yet, so it's too early to even talk about who'd be donning the dress in such a part, says an insider.

Forum List

Back