Every yard in america should have one.
Turkish?

Russian?

Jewish?

Greek?

Roman?

Celtic?

Just wondering...
BAT House. Be careful and stay on gardening! you're being monitored!

traditional-bat-house-640-x-40.jpg

Screw that. Last year me and my wife were swimming in the pool at night and 2 bats kept swooping down and grabbing a drink of water. They were getting too fucking close. lol

People actually BUY them around here to eat the mosquitoes.
I lived a block from a big old church with a bell steeple and we would watch the bats come out like a big cloud at dusk. Not a fan, myself.

I'm a city creature so I know nothing about bats. Never seen one. Do they ever attack humans or domestic animals? Are they good for mosquito control?

I lived a block from a big old church with a bell steeple and we would watch the bats come out like a big cloud at dusk. Not a fan, myself.
Saw this in Austin, TX. over one MILLION bats live under the Congress St Bridge, and emerge nightly. It's pretty awesome.

I'm a city creature so I know nothing about bats. Never seen one. Do they ever attack humans or domestic animals? Are they good for mosquito control?
very effective bug eaters, they avoid humans. Most stories of attacks, or any contact are old wive's tales.

very effective bug eaters, they avoid humans. Most stories of attacks, or any contact are old wive's tales.

Actually no.

In Chicago back in the 1970's my cousin was bit by one, so it happens.

Does it happen often?

No, but still dislike them...

Actually no.

Does it happen often?

Were there bugs flying nearby?

They don't seem to have the greatest eye sight. They do run into people, not on purpose though. I had them once in an apartment. They were nesting in an outer wall and chewing through into my closet. Fortunately, we knew a bio major who came and took them away, no harm to anyone including the bats.

Actually no.

Does it happen often?

Were there bugs flying nearby?

I do not know but he had to get those shots because the bat was rabid. I believe he was under a light, so possible there were bugs and it was during the summer.

I know bats have their purpose but just dislike them.

We have a bunch that hang out at the house. We also have a lot of insects.
They might help with the insects, IDK. I couldnt possibly give an honest answer.
Im still hanging out the bug zapper though.

Saw this in Austin, TX. over one MILLION bats live under the Congress St Bridge, and emerge nightly. It's pretty awesome.

Yeah...the uninitiated always get to close and get a bat piss shower much to the delight of the initiated.

Yeah...the uninitiated always get to close and get a bat piss shower much to the delight of the initiated.

I stayed on the bridge. lol

Forum List

Back