Bass Reeves

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Mini About Hero Lawman Bass Reeves In Works At HBO With Morgan Freeman, Lori McCreary & James Pickens Producing

Bass Reeves who escaped from slavery during the civil war, fleeing into Indian territory where he honed his firearm skills. He went on to become one of the first black U.S. Deputy Marshals in the Oklahoma territory deputized by the legendary “hanging judge” Isaac C. Parker. With his heroics — a master of disguises, a great shot and one of the most effective lawmen in Indian territory who brought in more than 3,000 outlaws and killed some 14 –Reeves is rumored to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger character who could not be cast in that era as a black man, so he was made into a white man with a black mask.

bassreeves_576.jpg

Mini About Hero Lawman Bass Reeves In Works At HBO With Morgan Freeman, Lori McCreary & James Pickens Producing

Bass Reeves who escaped from slavery during the civil war, fleeing into Indian territory where he honed his firearm skills. He went on to become one of the first black U.S. Deputy Marshals in the Oklahoma territory deputized by the legendary “hanging judge” Isaac C. Parker. With his heroics — a master of disguises, a great shot and one of the most effective lawmen in Indian territory who brought in more than 3,000 outlaws and killed some 14 –Reeves is rumored to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger character who could not be cast in that era as a black man, so he was made into a white man with a black mask.

bassreeves_576.jpg

Story of Bass Reeves was on TV tonight.

I know. That's why I posted it. Why am I not surprised that Bass Reeves has never been spoken about by the mainstream Hollyweird? I know why.

HBO is a division of TWC. Can't get much more mainstream than that.

A-list actor in Morgan Freeman. Can't get much more mainstream than him.

Maybe you should just enjoy the production instead of looking for conspiracies.

And maybe you should go fuck yourself. No conspiracies. Just regular ol "let's make the Lone Ranger white" mentality of HollyWeird.
I am 63 years old and have never heard of Bass Reeves..until tonight. Which proves we learn something new every day. And while bringing attention to Reeves, I tossed in disgust at the history he helped create being buried.
You disgust me. On iggie you go.

So you're angry at Hollywood for making you aware of an historical figure you'd never heard of before. Okay.

And maybe you should go fuck yourself. No conspiracies. Just regular ol "let's make the Lone Ranger white" mentality of HollyWeird.
I am 63 years old and have never heard of Bass Reeves..until tonight. Which proves we learn something new every day. And while bringing attention to Reeves, I tossed in disgust at the history he helped create being buried.
You disgust me. On iggie you go.
I've always known about Bass Reeves but I never knew the Lone Ranger was modeled after him until about 6 years ago. At the Stockyards in Ft Worth, famous cowboys, rodeo heroes and lawmen are honored with brass plaques in the sidewalks. Bass Reeves is honored with a plaque as a famous lawman.

Cool dude. I wonder how a black man in the 1880's could have been a "master of disguise" but that's another story I guess.

Forum List

Back