Basketball Player Attacks Racist Texas Fan

I think the punishment fits the crime. For the at the time lying about the slur, I can give him a "heat of the moment" pass, because he has come clean about it.

The fan is also a known heckler, so he gets some demerits for that, but the player still has the higher responsibility to control himself.

link?

His apology notes nothing of a racial slur as an incitement, If there had been one, I'm sure this apology would not have been forthcoming, hell they would have waited for the fan to be banned from games forever before even issuing an apology.

The fan apologized for what he said and agreed not to attend any more games this year.

His apology notes nothing of a racial slur as an incitement, If there had been one, I'm sure this apology would not have been forthcoming, hell they would have waited for the fan to be banned from games forever before even issuing an apology.

The fan apologized for what he said and agreed not to attend any more games this year.

He has offered to not attend anymore games this year, not sure if the offer has been taken up.

I think being removed from the team and banned from college basketball should be enough.

For lying about the racial slur, ejection from college will do.

I think the punishment fits the crime. For the at the time lying about the slur, I can give him a "heat of the moment" pass, because he has come clean about it.

The fan is also a known heckler, so he gets some demerits for that, but the player still has the higher responsibility to control himself.

uh, heat of the moment is what is keeping him from being arrested.

If the old man had fallen and or gotten hurt, the college would be coughing up the dough.

It's not the colleges job to raise him into a man, he should already be one.

Arrest is rare in these types of altercations, because the teams will offer compensation to keep one of their players out of the courts. Usually the arrests are the other way.

The old man's words, even if not racial, do approach fighting words (not closely, but you never know how a jury would see it). As long as punches were not thrown I doubt this would have ever seen a court even if the old guy wanted to press charges.

This is a curious story.

How could someone be a Big Time College Basketball Fan, and still be a racist? Maybe the color on my TV is off, but on my TV, Big Time College Basketball is basically a couple hundred teams of black guys playing against each other. The whitey's mainly seem to be window dressing.

And the word, "******" has a rather distinctive sound; it's difficult to believe that if this [fan] called the player a "******," nobody nearby would have heard it.

But even his "defense" is wierd. His defense is that he called him a "piece of crap"? What kind of person would even think to say that to a person for whom he had paid good money to see?

Here's my theory for now: The "fan" called the player a "******" in the hope of eliciting a reaction that would get the player thrown out of the game - maybe even have a technical foul called - thus improving the chances of His team winning. The people around him concurred with his strategy and conspired to support the lie that he had called the playeer a POC.

Yeah, I like that.

This is a curious story.

How could someone be a Big Time College Basketball Fan, and still be a racist? Maybe the color on my TV is off, but on my TV, Big Time College Basketball is basically a couple hundred teams of black guys playing against each other. The whitey's mainly seem to be window dressing.

And the word, "******" has a rather distinctive sound; it's difficult to believe that if this [fan] called the player a "******," nobody nearby would have heard it.

But even his "defense" is wierd. His defense is that he called him a "piece of crap"? What kind of person would even think to say that to a person for whom he had paid good money to see?

Here's my theory for now: The "fan" called the player a "******" in the hope of eliciting a reaction that would get the player thrown out of the game - maybe even have a technical foul called - thus improving the chances of His team winning. The people around him concurred with his strategy and conspired to support the lie that he had called the playeer a POC.

Yeah, I like that.

Some people can be assholes, and the worst language they use is "piece of crap."

If the fan would have used ******, it would have been out in the media already, and he would have been castigated at length.

In fact, they are probably reviewing tapes of Texas Tech games right now to see if he as EVER used racially insensitive language.

The longer this goes on without any evidence of ****** popping up, the less it seems likely that it happened at all.

The fan probably did call him the n word. You have no idea some of the things fans call players especially if they are bigots. Most of the time you cant get to them quickly enough so you have time to think about the results of your actions. I tend to side with the player until he says that the fat pig didn't call him a racial slur.

The fan probably did call him the n word. You have no idea some of the things fans call players especially if they are bigots. Most of the time you cant get to them quickly enough so you have time to think about the results of your actions. I tend to side with the player until he says that the fat pig didn't call him a racial slur.

Of course you do. Good to know the kid is a bigger man than you are.

Marcus Smart apologizes and takes full responsibility:

"I want to apologize to the fan, whose name is Jeff Orr. I want to apologize to him. I want to apologize to my teammates, to my coaching staff, Coach Ford, my family, Oklahoma State University. This is not how I [conduct] myself, this is not how this program is ran. This is not how I was raised. I let my emotions get the best of me.

"Just can't let that happen again. This is a lesson I'll have to learn from. The consequences that are coming with it, I'm taking full responsibility. No finger pointing. This is all upon me."

"I want to apologize to the fan, whose name is Jeff Orr. I want to apologize to him. I want to apologize to my teammates, to my coaching staff, Coach Ford, my family, Oklahoma State University. This is not how I [conduct] myself, this is not how this program is ran. This is not how I was raised. I let my emotions get the best of me.

"Just can't let that happen again. This is a lesson I'll have to learn from. The consequences that are coming with it, I'm taking full responsibility. No finger pointing. This is all upon me."

Only retards think that taking responsibility means the guy did not call him the n word. Do you have a link to that quote?

Only retards think that taking responsibility means the guy did not call him the n word. Do you have a link to that quote?

I'm a retard...find it yourself tough guy

I really don't care what the fan said, a player should never put his hands on a fan. Take away his scholarship.

He got a 3 game suspension which seems fair.

Not good enough...
A player should never lay a hand on a fan no matter the reason.
There is nothing a fan can say that warrants a player going after a fan.
Immediate loss of his scholarship.

Last edited:

I thought you pretty much a retard when you didn't include him admitting he lied in your quote. I wont find it because it doesnt exist. Why did you paste the irrelevant quote and say he was more of a man tough guy?

I really don't care what the fan said, a player should never put his hands on a fan. Take away his scholarship.

Not good enough...
A player should never lay a hand on a fan not matter the reason.

Not good enough for who? I can think of several good reasons to go after a fan.

I thought you pretty much a retard when you didn't include him admitting he lied in your quote. I wont find it because it doesnt exist. Why did you paste the irrelevant quote and say he was more of a man tough guy?
Because he is.

Just like you don't admit you're a liar. Why should he, his actions speak for themselves.

He got caught in a bad moment and at first tried to lie his way out of it. As a man he didnt continue with the lie and simply apologized for his bad behavior. In fact both guys did.

You're just an wanna be tough guy who wants it to be horrible so you can pretend to be a victim who will overcome. Boring!

Not good enough...

None of those reasons should be for verbal abuse. If so you have anger problems much like the player.
Need to control those emotions. Might start thinking about anger management classes.

Last edited:

Because he is.

Just like you don't admit you're a liar. Why should he, his actions speak for themselves.

He got caught in a bad moment and at first tried to lie his way out of it. As a man he didnt continue with the lie and simply apologized for his bad behavior. In fact both guys did.

You're just an wanna be tough guy who wants it to be horrible so you can pretend to be a victim who will overcome. Boring!

Because he is an irrelevant quote? Where did he admit he lied? That was specifically my point. I never have to admit to lying. I just dont do it since I became 13. He apologized for his bad behavior. That doesnt mean the guy never said a racial slur. Its stupid to assume so unless he says it.

Not good enough...

None of those reasons should be for verbal abuse. If so you have anger problems much like the player.
Need to control those emotions. Might start thinking about anger management classes.

Who told you none of those reasons are good enough? Its seems the fat slob has anger problems. He was the one he used a racial slur.

Forum List

Back