Baseball Steroid Use..Do You Really Care?

Bonnie said:
How is Congress deciding who testifies and who doesn't?

They want the really big names in baseball in order to increase TV viewership. Their decision was based upon on what players would give them the biggest TV ratings. Just a little political grand standing by Democrats and Republicans.

musicman said:
Good question, Bonnie. And, how do you leave Bonds out of it? He looks like the bloody Michelin man!

Last I hear Conseco was trying to get out of it as well.

Itsthetruth said:
Really? You must be reading statements of major league baseball players that are not available to anyone else in the nation! The ball players and their organization have made perfectly clear their position on the use of steroids. And most important they have done something about it.

And how would you rate their progress in the ten or so years that they've been "policing themselves"? Have you ever read the interviews with minor league players, who are policed to within an inch of their lives ( I guess this is what MLB means by "addressing the situation"), and have to compete for slots on major league rosters with these beefed-up freaks? It's a sick joke, man - a band-aid over an amputated limb.

Itsthetruth said:
It sure sounds to me that your only gripe with ball players is the fact that they make more money than you!

On what conceivable basis can you make a statement like that? Do you feel the need to project every undesirable human trait possible upon people who disagree with you? Can you never just argue your point like a human being, without either going off into flights of completely unrelated verbiage, or bathing yourself in the slime of your DU prejudices? I was having fun with your silly ass for a while, but you're beginning to disgust me now.

musicman said:
And how would you rate their progress in the ten or so years that they've been "policing themselves"?

If you bother to actually check the record instead of relying on tired propaganda, you'd have to agree with me that baseball players have done a great job in the past few years. 10 years ago? No. Nobody seemed to care.

Last year over 1,000 random drug tests were conducted under a less stringent policy. The result? Only 12 positives. And like I wrote, this year I would be surprised if even one player tests postive under much tougher random drug testing.

In any case, the federal government has no business investigating and running the private lives of ball players. You may love big government dictating our personal lives, but I don't.

I thought you whined about "millionnaire baseball players". So you didn't even mention their pay in your posts?

Itsthetruth said:
If you bother to actually check the record instead of relying on tired propaganda, you'd have to agree with me that baseball players have done a great job in the past few years. 10 years ago? No. Nobody seemed to care.

Last year over 1,000 random drug tests were conducted under a less stringent policy. The result? Only 12 positives. And like I wrote, this year I would be surprised if even one player tests postive under much tougher random drug testing.

In any case, the federal government has no business investigating and running the private lives of ball players. You may love big government dictating our personal lives, but I don't.

I thought you whined about "millionnaire baseball players". So you didn't even mention their pay in your posts?

You know you are really starting to piss me off!

What is your point????????

Trinity said:
You know you are really starting to piss me off!

What is your point????????

My point is there is no "steroid use epidemic" raging among baseball players. The problem has been solved. We don't need the federal government involved in this matter just to please people who don't like and are jealous of the big salaries professonal ball players make.

Itsthetruth said:
My point is there is no "steroid use epidemic" raging among baseball players. The problem has been solved. We don't need the federal government involved in this matter just to please people who don't like and are jealous of the big salaries professonal ball players make.

Oh my God, I am shocked :eek2: you finally got around to stating your own opinion it only took you 172 posts!

Trinity said:
Oh my God, I am shocked :eek2: you finally got around to stating your own opinion it only took you 172 posts!

Hey, no problem! I'm here to please and educate you. If it takes 172 posts, so be it.

Itsthetruth said:
Hey, no problem! I'm here to please and educate you. If it takes 172 posts, so be it.

Educate me, I doubt it! More like we are going to give you an education you'll never forget! :funnyface

Itsthetruth said:

In the totality I really like the management here, though in your case I think they could borrow a page or two from DU on getting rid of some...

Trinity said:
Educate me, I doubt it! More like we are going to give you an education you'll never forget! :funnyface

Don't you realize that I'm honestly trying to help you? And that's the way you treat me. Who is "we"?

Bonnie said:
Congress is holding hearings on the use of steroids in Baseball.

My feeling is Congress has more important things to deal with than this.
If athletes wish to voluntarily take steroids knowing the risks then let them.
Does this now open the arena for other hearings on plastic surgery which is also risky???

You sound like a libertarian.Welcome to the club!
Democrats are idiots who believe big government is better government and republicans want tell you how to live your life based on their own morality.Are libertarians the only intelligent people left on the planet?

Government is afraid of letting people make their own choices and needs you to need them!Let baseball run baseball and let government be concerned with its constitutional duties.If laws have been broken let the criminal justice system handle it.Grand stand on your own time senator!

Itsthetruth said:
Don't you realize that I'm honestly trying to help you? And that's the way you treat me. Who is "we"?

Maybe you should scroll back through your threads to see who WE is!

Sir Evil said:
Itstheass - can't you state your own arguments on anything or must you always cut and paste for that?

his entire personality is borrowed from tv the movies and talk radio

manu1959 said:
his entire personality is borrowed from tv the movies and talk radio

What in the world gave you the impresson that I'm a Rush Limbaugh radio dittohead and a movie fan of Arnold Swartzinsnagger?

If baseball will accept governmental anti-trust exemptions, they open themselves up to interference like this. Pick your poison baseball owners.

Forum List

Back