Barry Goldwater

Stop pretending to be Republicans. That is creepy.

I'm pretty much with you on this one snippy. It's high time we quit pretending Republicans value personal freedom and limited government. That old saw just doesn't fly.

Barry Goldwater knew that it takes compromise to govern this country. Right there greatly seperates the "stand your ground" Tea Party. That said, the Tea Party has no clue how to govern a diverse nation. They only know how to appease their narrow ideology.

aka

to move "Left" is open minded
to move "Right" is close minded

Indeed, anytime a liberal moves right in "compromise" , they are sell outs
like the Blue Dogs

Barry Goldwater knew that it takes compromise to govern this country. Right there greatly seperates the "stand your ground" Tea Party. That said, the Tea Party has no clue how to govern a diverse nation. They only know how to appease their narrow ideology.

aka

like the Blue Dogs

However the left thinks they deserve leftward movement and become hostile when they don't get it.

aka

like the Blue Dogs

However the left thinks they deserve leftward movement and become hostile when they don't get it.

Yes
any attempt to hold back this statist monster
all politicians have helped to create
is just not "open minded"
:eusa_angel:

aka

like the Blue Dogs

Yes

So in effect? Bipartisanship to the left means our way or else...and when they Do get it means they can pull farther left or else...

I always hated the word 'Bipartisan'.

Yes

So in effect? Bipartisanship to the left means our way or else...and when they Do get it means they can pull farther left or else...

Especially in today's MSM reporting of it
Like you said, Bipartisan means when one moves Left

The few successes of getting liberals to move right by Reagan, Republican Congress under Clinton, has been met with cries of "extreme" by the Left and the MSM.
During the Clinton capitulation to the right, the left was crying in Congress that old
people were going to starve and Republicans were "Nazis"

Yes, compromise to the Left and the MSM, our way or no way
The left has little appreciation for true compromise

Yes

Especially in today's MSM reporting of it
Like you said, Bipartisan means when one moves Left

The few successes of getting liberals to move right by Reagan, Republican Congress under Clinton, has been met with cries of "extreme" by the Left and the MSM.
During the Clinton capitulation to the right, the left was crying in Congress that old
people were going to starve and Republicans were "Nazis"

Yes, compromise to the Left and the MSM, our way or no way
The left has little appreciation for true compromise

Ina NUTSHELL my friend? 'Bipartisan' means against the PEOPLE and the Republic and it's continued existence.

Barry Goldwater knew that it takes compromise to govern this country. Right there greatly separates the "stand your ground" Tea Party. That said, the Tea Party has no clue how to govern a diverse nation. They only know how to appease their narrow ideology.

aka

like the Blue Dogs

As a moderate independent voter, I have absolutely no problem with Blue Dog Democrats and I have no problem with the moderate Republicans. It's those who refuse to compromise that bug the hell out of me. It's as clear as day, those who refuse to compromise are definitely putting ideology before country. The Dems do it, the Pubs do it and the Tea Party is obsessed with doing it. It's America first for me.

As a moderate independent voter

Please.

No labels.

Obvoviously, you don'y inderstand what No Labels are all about, so let me help you and others out.
==========================================================

No Labels is a group of Republicans, Democrats and Independents dedicated to a simple proposition:

We want our government to work again.

The government in Washington is no longer capable of solving the very real problems facing America. Before every election, our politicians make promises about how they will fix our tax system. Our immigration laws. Our schools. Our budget issues. But after every election, these promises are crushed under the weight of the same poisonous rhetoric and hyper-partisanship.

We, the American people, are the collateral damage of this partisan warfare, saddled with debts we can’t afford and an economy that no longer creates enough good jobs with good pay.

The American people have had enough.

No Labels believes that common sense solutions exist for our national challenges. And we believe that our government should be capable of finding them.

Most importantly, we know the vast majority of Americans agree with us.

Unfortunately, all of us are rarely heard above the angry voices of ideologues and extremists on the left and right.

No Labels will be a voice for this disengaged majority.

We understand that there are real philosophical differences between Democrats and Republicans. And we don’t expect our leaders or No Labels members to check their principles at the door.

But philosophy and principle often have little to do with the dysfunction in Washington, DC, where political games and pettiness increasingly drive the decision-making of our leaders.

The parties have organized themselves into warring clans that value defeating the other side over even the most basic acts of governing, like passing a budget on time or confirming competent people to staff our courts and the president’s Cabinet.

Increasingly it’s not the quality of a leader’s ideas that matter, but the label – Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative – that he or she wears. How else to explain the fact that our political parties now routinely denounce ideas they supported just a few years ago; not because the ideas suddenly became bad, but because the other party embraced them too?

In most negotiations, when the other side embraces your idea, it is called agreement. In Washington, it is called selling-out or even treason.

Some people have given up hope that this cycle of dysfunction can be stopped. No Labels has not.

Our political leaders respond to incentives, just like everyone else. In today’s system, politicians who instigate conflict are rewarded with campaign cash and party support. Those who forge cooperation are punished with attack ads and primary challenges.

If America wants its leaders to think independently and solve problems, the incentives must change to reward them for doing so. That is why we need to build an organized movement every bit as powerful as the extremes that seek to impose their narrow vision of America on everyone else.

That is exactly what No Labels is doing. Since our launch in December 2010, No Labels has been building a network of supporters in every congressional district across America, and in Washington itself, to help rebuild our system of self-government – one that works not just for one party or group, but for all Americans

Who We Are | No Labels

Barry Goldwater knew that it takes compromise to govern this country. Right there greatly separates the "stand your ground" Tea Party. That said, the Tea Party has no clue how to govern a diverse nation. They only know how to appease their narrow ideology.

aka

like the Blue Dogs

As a moderate independent voter, I have absolutely no problem with Blue Dog Democrats and I have no problem with the moderate Republicans. It's those who refuse to compromise that bug the hell out of me. It's as clear as day, those who refuse to compromise are definitely putting ideology before country. The Dems do it, the Pubs do it and the Tea Party is obsessed with doing it. It's America first for me.
I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of room for compromise there, Buck-o.

He would laugh at today's "libertarians" for the closet republican nationalists they are.

Please.

Libertines are HARDCORE Leftists.

Rabbi's post on it from the other thread:

'The narco-libertarians are not conservatives. That much is clear. They have much more in common with liberals than you think.
For unilateral nuclear disarmament? Check
For withdrawal of military forces? Check
See the U.S. as imposing its agenda on other countries? Check
See 9/11 as basically the fault of US imperialism? Check
For unrestrained sexuality? Check
For legalized drug use? Check.
And a host of others.'

They are flying under the radar as Republicans (whoring attention) because nobody has vetted Ron Paul on most of these perversions.

At least they have been exposed on USMB!

Thus brays the jackass. Check.

Last edited:
aka

like the Blue Dogs

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

So why don't you geiz respect suicide bombers and the fine virtuous folks that brought us 911? At least those guys walk the talk.

So why don't you geiz respect suicide bombers and the fine virtuous folks that brought us 911? At least those guys walk the talk.
Mebby 'cause suicide bombers aren't defending freedom or pursuing justice?

Any fans of his in the area? I'm asking because I just read this bit;

Barry Goldwater would not have dumped Mr. Grenell; he would have told the carping Bible thumpers to go to hell.

The man who was once the voice of American conservatives slammed Pat Robertson for "trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it." When Jerry Falwell opposed the appointment of Sandra Day O'Connor to the Supreme Court, Goldwater said, "Every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the n----." And, of gays in the military, Goldwater said, "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."

After his retirement from the Senate, Goldwater warned that his party was being taken over by a "bunch of kooks." Well, the kooks are in charge now and Mitt Romney knows who is boss.

And I don't believe he'd recognize his own party anymore.

Mitt Romney kow-tows to the anti-gay religious right - baltimoresun.com

In fact, I can't think of anybody pre-2000 who would recognize today's Republican party.

I certainly don't

And I don't recognize the Democrat Party either

Ask not what your country can do for you, has become: You can't do anything w/o your country.

No one over 65 recognizes either party from what it was when they cast their first vote!

I recall a 'family values' speech by Hubert Humphrey (the voice of the left wing of the Dem party and dem VP) that makes most all current repubs sound like lefties and the typical dem sound like a FAR OUT left wing radical

No one over 65 recognizes either party from what it was when they cast their first vote!

I recall a 'family values' speech by Hubert Humphrey (the voice of the left wing of the Dem party and dem VP) that makes most all current repubs sound like lefties and the typical dem sound like a FAR OUT left wing radical
Pretty much nailed it.

Humphrey would be a right-wing reactionary today.

Any fans of his in the area? I'm asking because I just read this bit;

And I don't believe he'd recognize his own party anymore.

Mitt Romney kow-tows to the anti-gay religious right - baltimoresun.com

In fact, I can't think of anybody pre-2000 who would recognize today's Republican party.

Oh cool, the leftists are re-creating Goldwater to be more like Ted Kennedy....

Bet Barry would have supported full confiscation of all firearms from civilians and 99% tax on anyone making more than $30k a year....

Pretty much nailed it.

Humphrey would be a right-wing reactionary today.
Perhaps, but he was a lifetime politician. It is very likely that he would have gone along with the changing times to maintain his position in the party.

Forum List

Back