Barred Owl in a Cypress Tree

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
I was on a golf course as it was being built working on illustrations for a yardage guide when I spotted this guy while cruising across a bridge. I stopped my cart and pulled out a 4 megapixel Olympus E-10 and shot this. This species is the southern cousin of the spotted owl. That's a red cypress he's perched in, I can't believe I noticed him(if his eyes would have been closed I probably wouldn't have).

Attachments

• $owl-for-web.jpg
    $owl-for-web.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 152
sitarro said:
I was on a golf course as it was being built working on illustrations for a yardage guide when I spotted this guy while cruising across a bridge. I stopped my cart and pulled out a 4 megapixel Olympus E-10 and shot this. This species is the southern cousin of the spotted owl. That's a red cypress he's perched in, I can't believe I noticed him(if his eyes would have been closed I probably wouldn't have).

Nice lighting. :thup: Late afternoon or early morning?

Do you have a site where you can host larger versions (perhaps 800X600 or larger)?

sitarro said:
Sitarro, consider putting your pics up on www.flickr.com :)

Maybe some pics of yourself, too, Sitarro. With all that great hair and all. :)

Seeing an owl like that, in nature, must be great. Have you ever taken pictures of Loons on a Northern lake?

sitarro said:

Good eye !

You take great, professional-quality photos of nature, Sitarro. Your photos remind me of nature photos taken by a former colleague of mine who was really wasting his God-given talent in the business world.

Forum List

Back