Barr testifies 'spying did occur' on Trump campaign

Q: If the Democrats can spend two years chasing nothing, how can they deny that this investigation is warranted?
A: They cannot. At this point they have to justify the Mueller debacle, and must also bear scrutiny for why it ever began.

I can hear the Democrats screaming "Witch Hunt" already, and it sounds pretty sweet to me.

"I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. … I think it’s my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned with intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane," he testified before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee, while noting that "spying on a political campaign is a big deal."

While vowing to release Special Counsel Robert Mueller's now-completed Russia report in a matter of days, Barr also announced Tuesday that he was reviewing the origins of the Russia investigation at the FBI and the Justice Department.

FISAGATE

View attachment 255109

...about that Failed Coup, Jim

Well, let's see how this goes.

The Right has been hammering on this story for two years.

If this is what they claim it is, to any degree, they'd be vindicated.
oh fk dude, that is the last thing the left wants. I see obstruction waiting at the door there. There is already testimony from several folks how this actually was handled. I'd really like that the American justice system be fair and equal, and we've had two years of an investigation looking for a crime, and we know a crime has been found and no investigation. And you think all they do is play partisan baseball.

Q: If the Democrats can spend two years chasing nothing, how can they deny that this investigation is warranted?
A: They cannot. At this point they have to justify the Mueller debacle, and must also bear scrutiny for why it ever began.

I can hear the Democrats screaming "Witch Hunt" already, and it sounds pretty sweet to me.

"I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. … I think it’s my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned with intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane," he testified before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee, while noting that "spying on a political campaign is a big deal."

While vowing to release Special Counsel Robert Mueller's now-completed Russia report in a matter of days, Barr also announced Tuesday that he was reviewing the origins of the Russia investigation at the FBI and the Justice Department.
The Carter Page FISA Warrant (Spying) is being reviewed and the origins of the counter intelligence investigation, by the Justice Dept's IG, as it should be.

I have no problem with that....

And the dossier ?

Let them open another investigation into that. Of course, don’t bitch if the Democrat-led House doesn’t open another investigation into Trump/Russia collusion.

A BIG IF there.... even Tray Gowdy, who did review the super duper classified material on the case for Nunes, said that the FBI had every reason to start an investigation and question what was going on and would have been remiss if they had not....

Also, when the counter intelligence division notified the Gang of 8, required by law, the gang of 8, had no objections.... which is an indication that the evidence of why it was being done, shown to them by this FBI Division, had to have been pretty strong, especially since it involved a candidate or president!
Yep. The bottom line for me at this point is that this never-ending parade of accusations and "scandals" and "investigations" just keeps moving.

That's pretty much all we're good for at this point, so I just want to keep the wheels turning.

When someone's broken a law, nail 'em, move on to the next partisan scandal. Next!

A BIG IF there.... even Tray Gowdy, who did review the super duper classified material on the case for Nunes, said that the FBI had every reason to start an investigation and question what was going on and would have been remiss if they had not....

Also, when the counter intelligence division notified the Gang of 8, required by law, the gang of 8, had no objections.... which is an indication that the evidence of why it was being done, shown to them by this FBI Division, had to have been pretty strong, especially since it involved a candidate or president!
Interesting! Barr’s most telling comment, for someone who tends to be very understated, was his “open question”:

Why wasn’t the Trump campaign advised, as FBI guidelines require, that the campaign was being surveilled?

Especially WHY, when former federal prosecutors Giuliani and Christie, were working for the Trump campaign????

Comey, ya gotta problem. Obama, this happened on your watch

The Right has been hammering? The burden of proof is on the accuser, and the Left has now been shown to be hammering thin air for two years!

You act like Barr now needs to prove this was a witch hunt for Trump to be vindicated, and that's just nonsense.

QUOTE="iceberg, post: 22173492, member: 63397"]
Barr "thinks"? Really?
many adults do that. you should give it a try sometime.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
giphy.gif

QUOTE="Hale, post: 22173508, member: 71806"]

The Right has been hammering? The burden of proof is on the accuser, and the Left has now been shown to be hammering thin air for two years!

You act like Barr now needs to prove this was a witch hunt for Trump to be vindicated, and that's just nonsense.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^COMPLETE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You act like Barr now needs to prove this was a witch hunt for Trump to be vindicated, and that's just nonsense.
Yes, the Right has been hammering.

Hannity, Rush, Levin, all the rest. Non stop. Every day.

You don't need to be so defensive. I'm listening to Rush hammer on it right now.

Yep. The bottom line for me at this point is that this never-ending parade of accusations and "scandals" and "investigations" just keeps moving.

That's pretty much all we're good for at this point, so I just want to keep the wheels turning.

When someone's broken a law, nail 'em, move on to the next partisan scandal. Next!
There's a shit-ton of evidence that the FBI, CIA, & MI5 are up to their ears in actual criminality.

There's a shit-ton of evidence that the FBI, CIA, & MI5 are up to their ears in actual criminality.
Well, looking forward to seeing what is found.

You don't need to be so defensive. I'm listening to Rush hammer on it right now.
what is it he's hammering on?

the fact that for two years there's been an investigation to find a crime and that for two years the avoidance to investigate the actual crime that indeed involve russia? the one thing the investigation was supposed to be looking into. and yet, nothing. and he's wrong how?

Interesting! Barr’s most telling comment, for someone who tends to be very understated, was his “open question”:

Why wasn’t the Trump campaign advised, as FBI guidelines require, that the campaign was being surveilled?

Especially WHY, when former federal prosecutors Giuliani and Christie, were working for the Trump campaign????

Comey, ya gotta problem. Obama, this happened on your watch
Because the campaign wasn’t surveilled.

the fact that for two years there's been an investigation to find a crime and that for two years the avoidance to investigate the actual crime that indeed involve russia? the one thing the investigation was supposed to be looking into. and yet, nothing. and he's wrong how?
Semantics. Whatever. We'll see.

Too much caffeine in this country.

facts, but eh, you hate those right?

facts, but eh, you hate those right?
As I've said multiple times now, we'll see. I don't know. You'll be vindicated if it's all true.

Holy crap.

Seriously, it's okay to drop the fists and just be normal now and then.

Forum List

Back