Barbershop Fined For Refusing To Cut Woman’s Hair

Honestly, WTF? Someone definitely needs to be bitch slapped.

Barbershop Fined For Refusing To Cut Woman's Hair

That agency imposed the fine for gender discrimination after a state investigator visited the business and interviewed Interval.

“I didn’t really consider it so much a discrimination thing as – it’s a barbershop… for guys,” Interval said.

Interval says he wasn’t aware he was legally compelled to service both men and women. But he plans on paying the fine because he respects the law.

He does not expect an upswing in female customers.

“You know, I’m not opposed to doing women’s hair,” he explained. “Just not in this shop. I don’t even have [the equipment] to do women’s hair. I want to open a shop to cater to them and no men will be allowed there. They’ll have all the champagne and mimosas they want, and that’ll be on the house.”
i may consider specializing in shaving, legs, and pubic.
In a man's barbershop? Ya, I think we had all pretty much figured that out already. :D

I used to do hair, and there is no such thing as a man's barbershop...If the door says open , it is open to everyone.
~
Ya, but if a woman goes into a "man's" barbershop and the hair cutter says "I suck cutting women's hair", you pretty much have to go somewhere else.

We are in a very conservative town, and, women get their haircuts at Barber shops.
They should not turn a woman down, unless they want their hair colored or permed and the barber shop can't accommodate them.... otherwise, cut their damn hair. Silly
I had a friend with a salon and spent a lot of time over there. It's where the women were. Anyway a gal's cut could take an hour. Guys aren't THAT particular. That's why barbers have low rates, in an out before the seat is warm.

any it's not like massive women will be beating the doors down at a Barber Shop.. Please!
They have special chairs for fat people.

We are in a very conservative town, and, women get their haircuts at Barber shops.
They should not turn a woman down, unless they want their hair colored or permed and the barber shop can't accommodate them.... otherwise, cut their damn hair. Silly
I had a friend with a salon and spent a lot of time over there. It's where the women were. Anyway a gal's cut could take an hour. Guys aren't THAT particular. That's why barbers have low rates, in an out before the seat is warm.

any it's not like massive women will be beating the doors down at a Barber Shop.. Please!
You sorta missed the point.

Honestly, WTF? Someone definitely needs to be bitch slapped.

Barbershop Fined For Refusing To Cut Woman's Hair

That agency imposed the fine for gender discrimination after a state investigator visited the business and interviewed Interval.

“I didn’t really consider it so much a discrimination thing as – it’s a barbershop… for guys,” Interval said.

Interval says he wasn’t aware he was legally compelled to service both men and women. But he plans on paying the fine because he respects the law.

He does not expect an upswing in female customers.

“You know, I’m not opposed to doing women’s hair,” he explained. “Just not in this shop. I don’t even have [the equipment] to do women’s hair. I want to open a shop to cater to them and no men will be allowed there. They’ll have all the champagne and mimosas they want, and that’ll be on the house.”
i may consider specializing in shaving, legs, and pubic.
In a man's barbershop? Ya, I think we had all pretty much figured that out already. :D

I used to do hair, and there is no such thing as a man's barbershop...If the door says open , it is open to everyone.
~
Ya, but if a woman goes into a "man's" barbershop and the hair cutter says "I suck cutting women's hair", you pretty much have to go somewhere else.

Or get a bad cut... people are so dumb... golly day in the morning!

you know from experience...?

Pfft. whatever, women's salon's don't turn men down. women aren't that particular.
I cut my own hair so it's no issue to me personally
Sure, some guys will pay a woman's price for a haircut but you're ignoring my point. Women aren't that particular? Where do you live, down by the river in a van?

Pfft. whatever, women's salon's don't turn men down. women aren't that particular.
Sure, some guys will pay a woman's price for a haircut but you're ignoring my point. Women aren't that particular? Where do you live, down by the river in a van?
Real men cut their own hair, and pay without asking the price for their wive's cut ... highlighting ... and God only knows what.

Real men cut their own hair, and pay without asking the price for their wive's cut ... highlighting ... and God only knows what.

I went to get my hair highlighted and it was like $500 plus the time.. I'm like okay maybe when I get really old and ugly and really need it...............

you know from experience...?
I cut my own hair, I'M AWESOME! :D

they always cut mine too short - even the high end hairdressers... I was like pfft. I can do this.
Hair never looked better!

Her and her boyfriend should have just went some elsewhere. Don't want my money? Fine. See ya! Filing a complaint with the state was stupid as well as the fine.

I come here, talk sports, guy talk. A great place to get away after a hard day’s work, get a haircut and have a beer,” said client Robert Craig.

This quote cracks me the fuck up though. This is Pittsburgh, the women here loves sports and beer just as much as the next person. :lol:

I never understood that... wanting to be somewhere where you are not wanted....
Or wanting to be with someone that doesn't want you...
boggles my mind.....

Forum List

Back