Barbenheimer bonanza: how two films saved the summer box office

Seems there are a few threads about the Barbie movie to chose from, so I'm using this one for now.
...And the movie’s many jokes riff on some of the most popular moments in cinematic history, from the introduction of 2001: A Space Odyssey to The Matrix and even (surprisingly) The Snydercut of Justice League.

An Exhaustive List of (Almost) Every Single Reference in the Barbie Movie​

~~~~~~~~

The 10 Biggest 'Barbie' Movie Easter Eggs​

From the discontinued Barbies to the archival Barbie looks, here are the biggest references from the movie
~~~~~~~~~~

Ruth Handler Is the Key to Barbie. What To Know About the Doll’s Controversial Founder​

~~~~~~~~~~

25 Weird Barbie Dolls That Actually Got Made​

~~~~~~~~~~

30 Barbie dolls that were modeled after inspiring women​

FWIW, back then most of us guys didn't want to play with Ken, rather with;
375px-GIJoe_OriginalLineup.jpg

I was moaning about films not appealing to me these days.
But this us proof that there is still life in proper cinema yet.

I havent seen either film yet. Not sure if Barbie is my sort of film although clips Ive seen look quite funny.

But Oppenheimer looks grown up. Hopefully it will encourage the Moguls to make more films for adults.
I decided to never see any film that I know in depicts immoral sex acts. I decided it 30 years ago. It has served me very well.
What leftwing Hollywood doesn't understand is such acts are by now hackneyed and actually take away from the movie. The best movies are always the clean wholesome ones. Marty, The Sound of Freedom, It's a Wonderful Life. Those are the ones people remember. Not trash like Leaving Las Vegas or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Last edited:
I decided to never see any film that I know in depicts immoral sex acts. I decided it 30 years ago. It has served me very well.
What leftwing Hollywood doesn't understand is such acts are by now hackneyed and actually take away from the movie. The best movies are always the clean wholesome ones. Marty, The Sound of Freedom, It's a Wonderful Life. Those are the ones people remember. Not trash like Leaving Las Vegas or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Those are great movies, but not because they didn't portray immoral sexual acts. They were great because they had good stores, good acting, and direction. They were made for audiences 60 or 70 years ago. Sexual mores have changed a lot over the years. Most young people today, who are the main movie goers don't see anything wrong with depicting sexual acts on the screen because that is the way life is today.

What is wrong with movies today is the lack of good stories, acting, and direction which is why I prefer older movies. Back before computer graphics, Dolby sound, and High definition, great movies were movies with good stories, good scripts, good music, and direction. Today, many movies use story lines that have been used over and over. Movie makers seek to keep the audience's attention with spectacles like buildings falling, planets colliding, gun fights, bloody decapitations, and of course hot sex scenes. Great Movies should make you feel you are a part of the story, involving you in every way, emotionally and intellectually.

Last edited:
Being the thread that seems to most cover "Barbie" in a somewhat objective manner;

There’s Something About Barbie​

Since her debut in 1959, Barbie has survived critique, censure, competition, and social media. More than six decades later, she looks better than ever.

Forum List

Back