Barack Obama Used Troop Deaths To Ding Bush, McCain Support For Iraq In 2008

I'm waiting for all of the outraged Zombies to flock here and tell us why it was ok for President Appeasement to use the deaths of troops to attack Bush/McCain??? Someone SUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE CRIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maseth, 24, was not the first. At least 12 U.S. troops have been electrocuted in Iraq since the start of the war in 2003, according to military and government officials.

In fact, the Army issued a bulletin in 2004 warning that electrocution was "growing at an alarming rate." It said five soldiers died that year by electrocution, with improper grounding the likely culprit in each case.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-05-28/..._1_electrocuted-shower-painful-death?_s=PM:US

The Obama campaign hit Mitt Romney for using the “tragic death of one of our diplomatic officers in Libya” to “launch a political attack.” On a July 2008 appearance on CNN, then-Senator used the death of U.S. troops in Afghanistan as talking point to ding John McCain and President Bush for their support of the Iraq War.

Yes, he sure did. Some liberals are dumb this way. The actual gaffe would be the misrepresentation of what actually occurred. Romney's true mistake is labeling it as a response, when it was in fact a preemptive measure to dissolve a volatile situation.

I don't mind candidates using tragedies as talking points to differentiate themselves and what they would do differently. That, in essence, is what campaigning has become (THIS SUCKS, I'D DO THIS DIFFERENTLY WITH A MORE POSITIVE OUTCOME). Romney could have gained ground on foreign policy, but the fact remains he rushed to statement and made himself the fool.

Forum List

Back