Ban Halloween Entirely Or......

I remember the first time I opted out of trick or treating. I may have been 10 years old. I helped my mother hand out candy that night. This kid comes onto our porch in black face, wearing a fake afro. My mother said to take a handful, but this fat fuck took two. Later on my mother told me she was almost ready to not give him candy due to his costume alone.

My mom was an awesome woman. :D

Halloween has sucked for years now anyways. I'm glad I was still a kid when trick or treating hours were from dark until... people stopped giving out candy. Now children have an hour or two in the daylight.
We'd go home with pillow cases half full of mostly full-sized candy bars. My brother and I would dump them out on the kitchen table and swap our favorites, then we'd eat a half dozen pieces each. We'd walk miles from home at the age of 7. Not a care in the world.

I'd make more than one run. We'd have to fill our bags, go home to drop off our goods, and then go back out for more candy. Of course my parents didn't care. They had free candy for a year as well. :D
Well done. We had enough territory to cover that we'd do a loop in about three hours. As soon as it started getting dark we'd be gone. I can still remember the whole route. Right now I can see the kitchen table, my brother to my right, the overhead light, dark windows behind me, and my brother offering me a Three Musketeers in trade for a Krackle bar.
My memory is slightly different. We did seven to 10 blocks at least, had at least two pillow cases full of candy. Mom would take the first one home when she was done with my little sister and let me and my older sister keep going with the other pillowcase. When I got home Mom would confiscate the candy and divide it up. I was very allergic to chocolate and peanuts so anything that I was allergic too was traded off evenly by Mom with my sisters candy. My sister would get my jumbo Snickers bar and I would get her charms lollipop in it's place. Needless to say my sisters loved Halloween.

All three, the professionally outraged, hobbyist outraged and a few sincerely outraged, have undertaken to have one Halloweed costume design outlawed, banned, in their community:

Outrage in Wis. over sale of Slenderman costumes

Now I will concede this particular costume IS in rather poor taste but how about other designs that might offend:

Black hoodies and dark makeup.
Police type costumes worn with light-coloured makeup.
Ape or chimpanzee masks of any sort.
Turbans.
Burqas.
Feathered headdresses (except for Elizabeth Warren).
Elizabeth Warren masks.
Cowboy outfits.

You see, there really is now NO way to have Halloween without being politically incorrect.

So are you happy with piecemeal bans or should we just abandon Halloween as some feel we must abandon Independence Day?

Do you have children? If your community allows Halloween what sort of costume do you feel you can let them wear without danger of being abused by the overly sensitive?
when i was still delivering the mail....every Halloween when i would have a package to deliver when they opened the door i would always get a candybar....sometimes other things.....:eusa_shifty:

It was a dark and rainy night....

funny-gifs-every-saturday.gif

ph34r_zpscc1df1bc.png

Just don't where blackface, you will have the wrath of the entire PC brigade chasing you to the gates of hell.

Of course it's fine and dandy for blacks to make a movie like "White Girls" where two black guys try to look like white blonde girls, but by god don't you dare try to do the same in blackface.

Man. Hooked on phonics ( foniks ) was a huge waste of money.

Being a Wisconsinite, they keep playing this news over and over and over. Halloween costumes shouldn't be banned, including Slenderman. We don't ban Joker costumes since that one nut shot up a movie theater.
No treats for kids in costumes that offend the head of household, handing out the goodies. That should send a message home to the parents.

Tough love.

Being a Wisconsinite, they keep playing this news over and over and over. Halloween costumes shouldn't be banned, including Slenderman. We don't ban Joker costumes since that one nut shot up a movie theater.
No treats for kids in costumes that offend the head of household, handing out the goodies. That should send a message home to the parents.

Tough love.

You'd punish kids? Sicko

I grew up in a condo complex in southern california, about 5K residents. We'd get 2 separate costumes each and make a double trip through the entire complex. Talk about a haul.

Nowadays I wouldn't think about letting my kids eat candy given by a stranger.

Just don't where blackface, you will have the wrath of the entire PC brigade chasing you to the gates of hell.

Of course it's fine and dandy for blacks to make a movie like "White Girls" where two black guys try to look like white blonde girls, but by god don't you dare try to do the same in blackface.

I can only imagine the reaction some people might have to my wife's dark elf costumes...

I can only imagine the reaction some people might have to my wife's dark elf costumes...

My wife and I were invited to an adult themed Halloween party this year.
We're going as pimp and ho

I found me some really awesome purple leather boots with fake goldfish in the heel to round out my outfit.

My wife and I were invited to an adult themed Halloween party this year.
We're going as pimp and ho

I found me some really awesome purple leather boots with fake goldfish in the heel to round out my outfit.

My friend and I went to a pimp and ho party several years ago. Sadly on the way to the party my car's engine decided blow up. The look on the police officer's face was priceless when he stopped to check on us.

And yet they sell stupid cheese head stuff at airports every day. These days with the cooperation of the media you can gin up outrage about anything.

OK, dumb fuck, you have demonstrated your bigotry and victimhood to everybody. Now back to the much more interesting stories about Halloween.

All three, the professionally outraged, hobbyist outraged and a few sincerely outraged, have undertaken to have one Halloweed costume design outlawed, banned, in their community:

Now I will concede this particular costume IS in rather poor taste but how about other designs that might offend:

Turbans.
Burqas.
Elizabeth Warren masks.
Cowboy outfits.

You see, there really is now NO way to have Halloween without being politically incorrect.

So are you happy with piecemeal bans or should we just abandon Halloween as some feel we must abandon Independence Day?

Do you have children? If your community allows Halloween what sort of costume do you feel you can let them wear without danger of being abused by the overly sensitive?
Some feel we must abandon Independence day? I never heard of such a thing. You wouldn`t be lying here would you?

Two Halloweens in a row, living about twelve miles from the nearest town, on a road with about a house every two miles, about noon, the snow started, and by 5, was too deep to go anywhere. Major disappoint for all six of us kids.

Halloween hasnt changed at all around my parts, maybe you guys should move out of the ghetto if its gotten so bad for ya.

When im an old man im sworn not to reminisce on what was and hate everything that is. Scouts honor. Hey, remember when scouts........ugh, nevermind

I think I will dress up as a "thug". Pull my baggy pants down below my butt, carry a cigar.....yo:booze:Hands up....dont shoot :funnyface:

I think I will dress up as a "thug". Pull my baggy pants down below my butt, carry a cigar.....yo:booze:Hands up....dont shoot :funnyface:

Better chance of your "thug" concept being recognized if you get a Chicago style costume. Like one of Rahmster's three-piece suits or, perhaps, a tan suit about 4 sizes too large so it looks empty when worn.

REAL Chicago thug style!

Turbans.
Burqas.
Elizabeth Warren masks.
Cowboy outfits.

HOw about instead of banning things you ban kids with unsupervised access to the internet? If ya don't want kids patronizing slenderman stuff don't let kids access information without any supervision. Net Nanny and the like is not supervision, merely a technilogical hurdle for them to overcome which takes about 2 or 3 minutes.

I'm aghast (heh) not by what's online nowadays, but when ever I see some kid with a smartphone or hearing them talk about what they're able to access. Military classifies information for good reason, why we don't utilize that same sensibility in civilian life baffles me.

Forum List

Back