Ban all guns in Germany!

The predominant game animals in Europe are the wild boar and the red deer.

My older generation relatives over there talked about boar hunting with gusto.

The younger cousins do not.

I can hunt wild Russian pigs (boars and sows) here in California fairly cheaply. The annual hunting license is just under USD $50.

The red deer of Europe are like an ancient dwarf American elk. I wonder if the taste is similar to American elk?

American elk tastes somewhere between deer and beef.

American deer tastes somewhere between beef and lamb.

So elk is more beefy.

Hunting is a great sport when you know the terrain and the habits of the herds that inhabit it.
I've hunted 'Rosies' and several species of deer, upland caribou, moose and antelope for over fifty years.
The 'taste of elk/deer are similar when handled properly after being killed.
The taste is also very dependant on the sex and age of the animal.
IMO the very best wild big game is a yearling female upland caribou aged for 28 days.
'French style' butchered to keep the entire muscle groups in one piece. Antelope second. Whitetail next. Elk then yearling female moose.

Oooops...they're already banned. Didn't stop the Muslim animal from mowing down 9 Germans, mostly kids, while yelling Allahuakbar.

Democrat media keeps asking like a chicken with its head cut off, how did the attacker get hold of guns is such a restricted country?! Bunch of fucking retards.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Only, I've told you before, guns AREN'T BANNED IN GERMANY.

Firearms-Control Legislation and Policy: Germany | Law Library of Congress

"The German system of gun control is among the most stringent in Europe."

"It restricts the acquisition, possession, and carrying of firearms to those with a creditable need for a weapon. It bans fully automatic weapons and severely restricts the acquisition of other types of weapons. Compulsory liability insurance is required for anyone who is licensed to carry firearms."

You need a license to have a gun. Certain weapons are banned. You need to comply with many laws in order to be able to keep a gun, and have a psychological test.
Ooo sorry, they're ALMOST banned in Germany, and they have the toughest gun laws laws in the world.

Oooops...they're already banned. Didn't stop the Muslim animal from mowing down 9 Germans, mostly kids, while yelling Allahuakbar.

Democrat media keeps asking like a chicken with its head cut off, how did the attacker get hold of guns is such a restricted country?! Bunch of fucking retards.

"It restricts the acquisition, possession, and carrying of firearms to those with a creditable need for a weapon. It bans fully automatic weapons and severely restricts the acquisition of other types of weapons. Compulsory liability insurance is required for anyone who is licensed to carry firearms."

You need a license to have a gun. Certain weapons are banned. You need to comply with many laws in order to be able to keep a gun, and have a psychological test.
Sounds like a de facto ban to me.

Question is what can be bought on the streets?

And so how did the German/Iranian kid get one? Street purchase or theft?
Probably smuggled in through the porous EU borders.

While gun huggers and other puddle deep thinkers engage in finger pointing and bizarre comparisons, sensible people have to wonder at the copycat mentality. After Columbine school shootings increased, after the bombs stated exploding bombs appeared, now terrorism is becoming too frequent. I wonder if police officers think of the next nut with a gun? Give people a cause and they often do evil. The setting matters and media attention matters but who thinks of the complexities of information on the mind of the easily influenced.
We're having Muslim lunatics using a variety of methods such as stabbing, shooting, bombing, and running over Europeans almost once or twice a week now. Ya think its Islamic terrorism?

...But again, the murder rate in Germany is far lower than the US. Less people die, people are safer.

The pro-gun crowd seem to think that having guns is going to save them from attacks. Really? I mean, the US has seen these sorts of attacks and sees similar numbers of people being killed, doesn't it? Cops with guns are being killed. 5 armed cops killed in one place doesn't exactly show that guns are able to stop things happening immediately.
It does show that in the US you are far more likely to die from guns.
You have thrown a lot of crap into your statement and you have provided no citations.

I've tried to look some of it up but found it's not easy to do.

Thus your rant is mostly hear-say gossip.

I did find a website on murder rates. The data are old though:

Countries Compared by Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Brazil has the highest murder rate. Brazil has similar gun laws as California except their minimum age is 25.

India is second in the list. But in India it is almost impossible to own a gun.

Mexico is third on the list. Mexico is also similar to California in its gun laws.

Ethiopia is fourth. Like India, gun ownership is extremely low although the murder rate is extremely high.

So your theory of correlation between guns and murder rates is unsound right out of the box.

The USA is 14th on the list for murder rates. Gun ownership varies from 20% in California to 61% in Alaska.

Germany is 73rd on the list, behind the UK at 71st, and ahead of all the other European nations.

So with the tightest gun control of all Europe, Germany still has the highest murder rate.

Ergo if you are going to do a comparison, try to avoid red herring comparisons.

Q.E.D.

To reply to the latter part.

You're taking number of murders. Not murders per capita. This is wrong to do so. Brazil is a large country. Germany is a larger country than many. Per capita shows you how dangerous a country is. I mean, if the Vatican city has a murder a day, and Brazil has 10 murders a day, the Vatican is more dangerous.

Looking at your chart with murders per million, you see Honduras leaps ahead of all others. Cape Town is the only city in the top 40 of murder capitals of the world right now.

The US on your chart is 99th in the world. Very few of those countries above them will be developed countries.

The US has 42.01 (which is basically 4.2 on the per 100,000 which is the usual way of expressing it).

Luxembourg and Finland are close by, but at 22 and 24 (though Luxembourg has lots of foreigners so their murder rate is actually too high in reality, because they count citizens then murder, but half the country doesn't get counted)

The UK is 157th in the world at 11.68 and Germany is 177th with 8.44

So based on this the murder rate is much lower. These were 2010 based whereas the other figures are more recent I believe.
LOL...sixth Islamic terrorist event in a period of less than 30 days, and this idiot wants us to look at charts and compare homicide statistics.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. :cuckoo:

Yup guns are already pretty much banned in Germany.

Guns have been restricted there since 1495 in conjunction with their anti-dueling law.

Restrictions on ownership became even more stringent after WW1.

Then in 1938 the NAZI's implemented strict permit requirements first to buy and then to possess guns. This is the precursor to the present law in effect there today.

Germany now has about 400,000 hunters owning guns and another 1 million non-hunting shooters and collectors, for a total of 1.4 million out of a population of 81 million. This is under 2%.

The USA by comparison has about 80 million gun owners each owning an average of 8 guns out of a population of 319 million -- 25% of every living man, woman, and child -- and 40% of households.

Not sure how this Iranian kid got his hands on a gun there. Maybe the debrief will tell us in the coming days. Perhaps he bought it on the street or stole it.

Gun legislation in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am quite sure they are not going to tell us shit. They are already saying that the guy was born in Germany. There was only one shooter (same as in Dallas and Baton Rouge) instead of three shooters. These misguided folks actually were not Islamic terrorists, but disgruntled citizens who had nothing to do with ISIS. When news break we have a base information what gets "edited" and spinned as time elapses according to the agenda of Global Elite.
In other words, Germany has the female version of Obama at the helm. Wonderful.

...But again, the murder rate in Germany is far lower than the US. Less people die, people are safer.

The pro-gun crowd seem to think that having guns is going to save them from attacks. Really? I mean, the US has seen these sorts of attacks and sees similar numbers of people being killed, doesn't it? Cops with guns are being killed. 5 armed cops killed in one place doesn't exactly show that guns are able to stop things happening immediately.
You have thrown a lot of crap into your statement and you have provided no citations.

Countries Compared by Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Brazil has the highest murder rate. Brazil has similar gun laws as California except their minimum age is 25.

Mexico is third on the list. Mexico is also similar to California in its gun laws.

Ethiopia is fourth. Like India, gun ownership is extremely low although the murder rate is extremely high.

So your theory of correlation between guns and murder rates is unsound right out of the box.

The USA is 14th on the list for murder rates. Gun ownership varies from 20% in California to 61% in Alaska.

Germany is 73rd on the list, behind the UK at 71st, and ahead of all the other European nations.

So with the tightest gun control of all Europe, Germany still has the highest murder rate.

Q.E.D.

You're taking number of murders. Not murders per capita. This is wrong to do so. Brazil is a large country. Germany is a larger country than many. Per capita shows you how dangerous a country is. I mean, if the Vatican city has a murder a day, and Brazil has 10 murders a day, the Vatican is more dangerous.

Looking at your chart with murders per million, you see Honduras leaps ahead of all others. Cape Town is the only city in the top 40 of murder capitals of the world right now.

The US on your chart is 99th in the world. Very few of those countries above them will be developed countries.

The US has 42.01 (which is basically 4.2 on the per 100,000 which is the usual way of expressing it).

Luxembourg and Finland are close by, but at 22 and 24 (though Luxembourg has lots of foreigners so their murder rate is actually too high in reality, because they count citizens then murder, but half the country doesn't get counted)

So based on this the murder rate is much lower. These were 2010 based whereas the other figures are more recent I believe.
LOL...sixth Islamic terrorist event in a period of less than 30 days, and this idiot wants us to look at charts and compare homicide statistic

Gets on one's nerves, doesn't it?

Also hands. I read most of the murders in the UK are through strangulation.
Yep-
In Europe (32 countries), on the other hand, guns are involved in 36 percent of murders and knives are involved in 43 percent.

Read more: History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Oh, wait, its time to ban knives!
...and trucks....

Q.E.D.

LOL...sixth Islamic terrorist event in a period of less than 30 days, and this idiot wants us to look at charts and compare homicide statistic

Radical leftists are similar to Islamists, that's why they get along so well.

Ooo sorry, they're ALMOST banned in Germany, and they have the toughest gun laws laws in the world.

Well that's different to they are banned, isn't it? Guns are still available. Then again tough laws in Germany which has open borders with many other countries, mean that sometimes some people want guns, they can get guns.

That still doesn't stop the FACT that Germany has a murder rate that is 1/4 that of the US's. In other words Germany would have to have 2,070 people die in terrorist attacks every year in order for Germany to be as deadly as the USA.

Q.E.D.

Radical leftists are similar to Islamists, that's why they get along so well.

Utter crap!

Well that's different to they are banned, isn't it? Guns are still available. Then again tough laws in Germany which has open borders with many other countries, mean that sometimes some people want guns, they can get guns.

That still doesn't stop the FACT that Germany has a murder rate that is 1/4 that of the US's. In other words Germany would have to have 2,070 people die in terrorist attacks every year in order for Germany to be as deadly as the USA.
It's a good thing you don't live in the U.S. then. So, calm down, don't worry about us and what we do over here.

well what bloody use is that?

What use is it? Well if you need a gun and you want a gun then you can get a gun. If you don't need a gun then you'll find it a lot harder to get a gun.

German murder rate is more than 4 times lower than the US murder rate.

German minority rates are even lower than that.

Forum List

Back