Bad news for America, Worse news for ISIS

Searcher44

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2015
Vancouver, British Columbia
It looks like an ISIS inspired terror attack. When and if this is confirmed I think it`ll be another nothing-will-be-the-same-again moment for America. Since 9-11 a terrible tension has built between those trying to focus attention on active Salafi-jihadist groups and those who aren`t prepared to make subtle distinctions between this or that strand of Islam. Most of the latter group don`t care to hear about the Sunni-Shia divide for example, their enemy is Islam, period. If President Bush received criticism from the right it was as often as not for his ``Ìslam is a religion of peace`` stance. That opinion never gained much traction with the majority of Americans as far as I can see. A large section of the Republican party and even a significant percentage of Democrats has been open to the demonization of Islam as a whole. A majority of Americans has been willing to see Constitutional safeguards of individuals rights sacrificed to counter threats of attack like this one in San Bernardino.

What now that it`s obvious even invasive laws like the Patriot Act can`t guarantee protection from terror. I`ve seen people call for measures like internment of all Muslims. That`s a chilling reminder of the cruel treatment of the Japanese during WWll.

I really fear this attack, if Islamic Terror, will push America further to what some of us consider ``the dark side``. I don`t know how Obama can quiet the Fox News type calls for retribution against Muslims as a group after this. There`s certainly not going to be much sympathy for Syrian refugees, Americans are going to be a lot less open to ``Islam is a religion of peace`` sentiments than they were.

I think that`s all bad news for America. However I think an attack like this could be even worse news for ISIS. The legend is Admiral Yamamoto said about the attack on Pearl Harbor "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." This San Bernardino mass shooting may silence Islam`s defenders and unleash America`s and a reluctant Obama`s wrath against ISIS. His resolve was demonstrated with his order for Operation Geronimo to go ahead considering the landslide of criticism failure would have brought. Look at the damage President Carter suffered as the result of the disastrous Operation Eagle Claw. Bush`s wrath against bin Laden was distracted by Iraq. I`ve seen no sign that Obama suffers from attention deficit to the same degree. The destruction of ISIS may very well become his prime motivator, I suspect he won`t want to leave office and have his legacy be ISIS at America`s throat. That`s bad news for ISIS.

If you think the left will come to their senses, think again. The more terror attacks like this that go down, the more they will support Muslims.

Progressive c_nts share the same goals as Islamists. They want to see Western civilization fall, socially, economically, and militarily. The progressives are finally seeing their wishes come true, you think they will stop now?

It looks like an ISIS inspired terror attack. When and if this is confirmed I think it`ll be another nothing-will-be-the-same-again moment for America. Since 9-11 a terrible tension has built between those trying to focus attention on active Salafi-jihadist groups and those who aren`t prepared to make subtle distinctions between this or that strand of Islam. Most of the latter group don`t care to hear about the Sunni-Shia divide for example, their enemy is Islam, period. If President Bush received criticism from the right it was as often as not for his ``Ìslam is a religion of peace`` stance. That opinion never gained much traction with the majority of Americans as far as I can see. A large section of the Republican party and even a significant percentage of Democrats has been open to the demonization of Islam as a whole. A majority of Americans has been willing to see Constitutional safeguards of individuals rights sacrificed to counter threats of attack like this one in San Bernardino.

What now that it`s obvious even invasive laws like the Patriot Act can`t guarantee protection from terror. I`ve seen people call for measures like internment of all Muslims. That`s a chilling reminder of the cruel treatment of the Japanese during WWll.

I really fear this attack, if Islamic Terror, will push America further to what some of us consider ``the dark side``. I don`t know how Obama can quiet the Fox News type calls for retribution against Muslims as a group after this. There`s certainly not going to be much sympathy for Syrian refugees, Americans are going to be a lot less open to ``Islam is a religion of peace`` sentiments than they were.

I think that`s all bad news for America. However I think an attack like this could be even worse news for ISIS. The legend is Admiral Yamamoto said about the attack on Pearl Harbor "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." This San Bernardino mass shooting may silence Islam`s defenders and unleash America`s and a reluctant Obama`s wrath against ISIS. His resolve was demonstrated with his order for Operation Geronimo to go ahead considering the landslide of criticism failure would have brought. Look at the damage President Carter suffered as the result of the disastrous Operation Eagle Claw. Bush`s wrath against bin Laden was distracted by Iraq. I`ve seen no sign that Obama suffers from attention deficit to the same degree. The destruction of ISIS may very well become his prime motivator, I suspect he won`t want to leave office and have his legacy be ISIS at America`s throat. That`s bad news for ISIS.

With all due respect, Searcher...Barry seems "resolved" to blame this on the NRA and the GOP. He was already calling for stricter gun control before the facts in this case were known.

As to where you've seen Obama demonstrate "resolve" for going after ISIS...you'll have to explain that concept because to be quite blunt he's shown more "reluctance" than resolve. Will he be forced to act if this is indeed an ISIS inspired attack? Quite frankly...I don't think he's got the spine for it.

If you think the left will come to their senses, think again. The more terror attacks like this that go down, the more they will support Muslims.

Progressive c_nts share the same goals as Islamists. They want to see Western civilization fall, socially, economically, and militarily. The progressives are finally seeing their wishes come true, you think they will stop now?

Being one of those progressive c_nts you refer to I have to disagree. I have consistently said ISIS along with all Islamic terror groups must be destroyed one way or another. I have more of an appreciation for ``Western Civilisation`` than you do. You could hardly be called civilised. It`s going to take more than American military force to fight ISIS. The fight requires much more, including Europe and Russia and especially non-Salafi Muslims to defeat the ideology that breeds ISIS type terrorists. It`s going to take brains, not just brawn.

With all due respect, Searcher...Barry seems "resolved" to blame this on the NRA and the GOP. He was already calling for stricter gun control before the facts in this case were known.

As to where you've seen Obama demonstrate "resolve" for going after ISIS...you'll have to explain that concept because to be quite blunt he's shown more "reluctance" than resolve. Will he be forced to act if this is indeed an ISIS inspired attack? Quite frankly...I don't think he's got the spine for it.

I`m thinking you`re going to be surprised. Sure he`s spent a lot of energy trying to keep America from giving into it`s worst instincts - like avoiding ``bombing the shit`` out of Iran. Gun control for most, not all, liberal-minded is a natural inclination. If guns could have been kept out of the hands of these San Bernardino attackers hands....maybe that`s a fools Utopian dream, maybe not, but it`s one of those fair arguments that define democracy and should be decided ideally at the ballot box.

I`m thinking you`re going to be surprised. Sure he`s spent a lot of energy trying to keep America from giving into it`s worst instincts - like avoiding ``bombing the shit`` out of Iran. Gun control for most, not all, liberal-minded is a natural inclination. If guns could have been kept out of the hands of these San Bernardino attackers hands....maybe that`s a fools Utopian dream, maybe not, but it`s one of those fair arguments that define democracy and should be decided ideally at the ballot box.

I'm curious...do you really think passing stricter gun laws will deter someone who is willing to murder dozens of people? How does that work exactly? You WILL take guns out of the hands of people who abide by the law...but that simply makes them defenseless against those that don't. I think you already know that IS a fool's dream, Searcher...yet you still want it to happen?

As for what Obama has done with ISIS? I'm sorry but I think he's badly underestimated how dangerous ISIS was right from the start and then he decided that ignoring them as they moved large numbers of armed combatants across open desert to attack cities in Iraq was better than admitting that he had underestimated them.

What an idiot

I'm curious...do you really think passing stricter gun laws will deter someone who is willing to murder dozens of people? How does that work exactly? You WILL take guns out of the hands of people who abide by the law...but that simply makes them defenseless against those that don't. I think you already know that IS a fool's dream, Searcher...yet you still want it to happen?

Did you notice I`m Canadian, we don`t have any right to bear arms here and most of us don`t believe anybody should possess automatic weapons or assault rifles. We are at high risk from ISIS terror and still think that an armed citizen preventing an attack like this is a fools dream also. Neighbors of the attackers observed suspicious activity, middle eastern men active in their garage late at night, moving in suspicious packages, I don`t remember what else. How the hell isn`t this reported and if reported why not acted on. As I`ve said you`ll have to use brains to defeat these people, it appears something stupid happened here. Smarts are a lot better defense than more assault weapons in a population already armed to the teeth. Spending billions capturing useless information about fellow Americans from cyberspace isn`t the answer either.

Did you notice I`m Canadian, we don`t have any right to bear arms here and most of us don`t believe anybody should possess automatic weapons or assault rifles. We are at high risk from ISIS terror and still think that an armed citizen preventing an attack like this is a fools dream also. Neighbors of the attackers observed suspicious activity, middle eastern men active in their garage late at night, moving in suspicious packages, I don`t remember what else. How the hell isn`t this reported and if reported why not acted on. As I`ve said you`ll have to use brains to defeat these people, it appears something stupid happened here. Smarts are a lot better defense than more assault weapons in a population already armed to the teeth. Spending billions capturing useless information about fellow Americans from cyberspace isn`t the answer either.

I am fascinated by your post------now which sect of islam do you call "BENIGN"
as opposed to the "Salafist" sect. ???

Does this mean its time to round up the Muslims and gas them? I was hoping to get out before then. We still have to wait for Trump to be elected, right?

You idiots actually think Trump's wall is to keep people out. That's really sad.

Actually you and your right wing ilk share the same goals as ISIS. Such as

1) you both hate Obama
2) you both want to phrase the war as Islam vs the West rather than ISIS vs the West
3) you both want to keep women in the kitchen raising children
4) you both are obsessed with guns and will train your children to be able to kill people with them
5) you both share a common disdain for the U.S. Government
6) you both are opposed to abortion rights

In fact, other than their particular choice of fundamentalist religion, I'm having trouble finding out how the right wing and ISIS are different at all.

Stop pretending you and ISIS don't have mostly the same goals. You do.

The NRA wants terrorists to be able to buy guns.

That's OK with you, right?

Complete nonsense.

The right started this. The right is the one that needs the fear in order to get regressive laws in place.

As for what Obama has done with ISIS? I'm sorry but I think he's badly underestimated how dangerous ISIS was right from the start and then he decided that ignoring them as they moved large numbers of armed combatants across open desert to attack cities in Iraq was better than admitting that he had underestimated them.

Everybody underestimated ISIS at the start. It wasn`t until the Iraqi army fled from them like little girls everybody woke up. You Americans after spending billions and billions training and equipping them have a right to be pissed. And what was Obama`s trillion dollar intelligence apparatus telling him. Not enough apparently. And the Generals in charge of training the Iraqis, did they tell Obama not to depend on these assholes, I doubt it. No General likes to admit failure. A President has to rely on others to a certain extent. Did he drop the ball to some extent, probably.

As for what Obama has done with ISIS?
Bombs bro. Lots of bombs.

I'm sorry but I think he's badly underestimated how dangerous ISIS was right from the start and then he decided that ignoring them as they moved large numbers of armed combatants across open desert to attack cities in Iraq was better than admitting that he had underestimated them.

Hey MORON it was actually CONGRESS that ignored ISIS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/13/u...ving-obama-war-powers-to-fight-isis.html?_r=0

[

It's worked in every western country it has been tried in. Most of Europe, Canada, Australia and NZ have stricter gun controls. They don't have anywhere the number of mass shooting the US does. Not even close. What you really need to do is repeal the 2nd....

I am fascinated by your post------now which sect of islam do you call "BENIGN"
as opposed to the "Salafist" sect. ???

I`ll have to re-read my post to see if I called anybody ``benign``....Nope. Yeah yeah, I know Muslim Arabs sought empire just as did most western powers throughout history. What we refer to as modern terrorism or Islamic Terror didn`t really become an issue until the 1970s. And Islamic terror sprang up mainly from Salafists educated in Saudi Arabia by Wahhabi Imams. Read a little history why don`t you;

The colonial era, failed post-colonial attempts at state formation, and the creation of Israel engendered a series of Marxist and anti-Western transformations and movements throughout the Arab and Islamic world. The growth of these nationalist and revolutionary movements, along with their view that terrorism could be effective in reaching political goals, generated the first phase of modern international terrorism.

In the late 1960s Palestinian secular movements such as Al Fatah and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) began to target civilians outside the immediate arena of conflict. Following Israel's 1967 defeat of Arab forces, Palestinian leaders realized that the Arab world was unable to militarily confront Israel. At the same time, lessons drawn from revolutionary movements in Latin America, North Africa, Southeast Asia as well as during the Jewish struggle against Britain in Palestine, saw the Palestinians move away from classic guerrilla, typically rural-based, warfare toward urban terrorism. Radical Palestinians took advantage of modern communication and transportation systems to internationalize their struggle. They launched a series of hijackings, kidnappings, bombings, and shootings, culminating in the kidnapping and subsequent deaths of Israeli athletes during the 1972 Munich Olympic games.
These Palestinian groups became a model for numerous secular militants, and offered lessons for subsequent ethnic and religious movements. Palestinians created an extensive transnational extremist network -- tied into which were various state sponsors such as the Soviet Union, certain Arab states, as well as traditional criminal organizations. By the end of the 1970s, the Palestinian secular network was a major channel for the spread of terrorist techniques worldwide.

Read more here.

And study this;

440px-Terror_fig1.gif

Does this mean its time to round up the Muslims and gas them? I was hoping to get out before then. We still have to wait for Trump to be elected, right?

You idiots actually think Trump's wall is to keep people out. That's really sad.

Please don`t accuse me of being a Trump supporter.

Please don`t accuse me of being a Trump supporter.

Trump vs. Hillary - who do you vote for?

Forum List

Back