Bad Cop, No Donut

More "heroes" murdering pets and kicking in wrong doors.

Jury Awards $202,000 To Man, Daughter Whose Dog Was Killed By Hartford Police

A jury in federal court awarded $202,000 in damages Friday to a father and daughter whose pet dog was shot by Hartford police searching for a cache of gang guns during a rushed search later determined to have been illegal because the officers had not stopped to obtain a warrant.

The 10-year-old case continues to generate strong feelings on both sides. The police said a hunt for guns during a spike in gun violence was in the public interest and that the dog was attacking an officer. Glen Harris, whose fenced-in yard on Enfield Street was cursorily searched, thinks two officers acted recklessly by entering his property and killing one of the normally mild-mannered family pets, a 115-pound St. Bernard.

What the hell is it with cops and their apparent need to harm children?

6yo Boy Kidnapped from School By Police, Locked in Psych Ward for 3 Days — for Temper Tantrum

“It felt like my child had been kidnapped,” she said. “I can’t even hug my kid and tell him it’s going to be okay.”
Jacksonville, FL — For throwing a temper tantrum, 6-year-old Nicholas, who has been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, was kidnapped from his elementary school by police and imprisoned in a psychiatric hospital.

Nicholas was held, including multiple stints in a ‘seclusion room,’ for three days at River Point Behavioral Health.

Read more at 6yo Boy Kidnapped from School By Police, Locked in Psych Ward for 3 Days -- for Temper Tantrum

6yo Boy Kidnapped from School By Police, Locked in Psych Ward for 3 Days — for Temper Tantrum

“It felt like my child had been kidnapped,” she said. “I can’t even hug my kid and tell him it’s going to be okay.”
Jacksonville, FL — For throwing a temper tantrum, 6-year-old Nicholas, who has been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, was kidnapped from his elementary school by police and imprisoned in a psychiatric hospital.

Nicholas was held, including multiple stints in a ‘seclusion room,’ for three days at River Point Behavioral Health.

Read more at 6yo Boy Kidnapped from School By Police, Locked in Psych Ward for 3 Days -- for Temper Tantrum

Sounds like cops getting the docs to do the job the parents should have been doing.

ADHD = Needs a good spanking

More "heroes" murdering pets and kicking in wrong doors.

A jury in federal court awarded $202,000 in damages Friday to a father and daughter whose pet dog was shot by Hartford police searching for a cache of gang guns during a rushed search later determined to have been illegal because the officers had not stopped to obtain a warrant.

The 10-year-old case continues to generate strong feelings on both sides. The police said a hunt for guns during a spike in gun violence was in the public interest and that the dog was attacking an officer. Glen Harris, whose fenced-in yard on Enfield Street was cursorily searched, thinks two officers acted recklessly by entering his property and killing one of the normally mild-mannered family pets, a 115-pound St. Bernard.

Good thing it didn't happen here in Amarillo or the family wouldn't have gotten squat. Here in Amarillo, if a dog comes towards the police, acts in a threatening manner, or even barks at an officer, they have the right to shoot it.

A bit of a read, but well worth it:

Inside the Tiny, Uncluttered Mind of a Cop

A retired member of the exalted Brotherhood of State-Sanctified Coercion recently rebuked a heretic:

I take umbrage with your article for Lew Rockwell. While certainly I agree with your premise that one should not give to police charities and thereby expect special privileges, you cubby-hole police officers with your example in Idaho. How utterly disgusting that you berate this officer and his wife for exercising their Constitutional Right to file bankruptcy! You DO NOT KNOW their circumstances—they may have had extreme medical expenses with themselves or one of their children.

Pro Libertate: Inside the Tiny, Uncluttered Mind of a Cop

Murder or justified?
WARNING! THIS VIDEO SHOWS THE ACTUAL KILLING OF A HUMAN BEING BY COPS!

Idaho Cop Cleared After Killing Suspected Drunk Driver Despite Video Evidence Contradicting Police Narrative

An Idaho cop who shot and killed a suspected drunk driver won’t be charged with a crime despite video evidence that contradicts police’s narrative of events.

Boise police said they shot 50-year-old Noel Rodriguez because he had tried to stab them with a screwdriver before trying to run them over with his pickup truck.

But the body cam footage they released shows Boise police officer Rob Rainford shooting at Rodriguez as he revs his engine after being boxed-in by two cop cars, ramming both cars in an attempt to escape.

The video evidence that shows him trying to stab and run over cops was not released to protect the “privacy of the individuals involved,” according to
KTVB.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/12/12/idaho-cop-cleared-after-killing-suspected-drunk-driver-despite-video-evidence-contradicting-police-narrative/

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that cops have NO duty to protect the people who pay the taxes that pay their salaries. They also ruled police departments do not have to hire people who have above average intelligence. In other words, those most likely to be capable of assessing situations and making sound judgement calls, can be denied employment in favor of those of average to below average I.Q.s who are more likely to not question orders and just do 'their jobs'.

Most psychopaths start off by torturing and killing animals. It is argued that many psychopaths choose working as police officers as a means of acting out their tendencies without fear of consequences.

Here's hoping you never need us. But, just in case you ever do .... You're welcome.

good-guy-cop-vancouver-washington.jpg

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that cops have NO duty to protect the people who pay the taxes that pay their salaries. They also ruled police departments do not have to hire people who have above average intelligence. In other words, those most likely to be capable of assessing situations and making sound judgement calls, can be denied employment in favor of those of average to below average I.Q.s who are more likely to not question orders and just do 'their jobs'.

Most psychopaths start off by torturing and killing animals. It is argued that many psychopaths choose working as police officers as a means of acting out their tendencies without fear of consequences.

Here's hoping you never need us. But, just in case you ever do .... You're welcome.

good-guy-cop-vancouver-washington.jpg

You show up AFTER the crime to make a report. Twenty minutes after a victim is raped, robbed or murdered, you are on the scene, to write notes about it. Then the detectives move in and make a pretense.

What is your position/title?

Sounds like cops getting the docs to do the job the parents should have been doing.

ADHD = Needs a good spanking

The kid assaulted a teacher and has no recollection of it. Later he assaulted another kid and has no recollection of it. He more than likely verbalized at the time the counselor made the call he wanted to kill himself. He threw things at the counselor and had jumped on top of the tables and cabinets.
Riverpoint Multidisciplinary Progress Notes

The Buzzfeed article indicates He has had a psychiatrist for a year and a half. He is on meds and they clearly are not working. The counselor did attempt to contact the parents. From the Buzzfeed article:
His mother first heard what had happened in voicemails that both the school and counselor had left for her. River Point called, too, wanting her consent for Nicholas’s treatment since he was a minor, his mother recalled. She said she declined.

Note that the mother provided the documents and it was not in the documents.

The Buzzfeed article also states:
Distraught and not wanting to upset Nicholas, his mother decided only his father should visit him that night.

So, mom felt he had been kidnapped and she could not hug him but chose not to visit him............to hug him and tell him it's going to be alright.

Dad did sign off on the consent form. You have to initial everything and there is no mistaking it. The Buzzfeed article did a shit job by calling it "blank" as clearly the hospital cannot provide the document the Dad signed off on--it's against the law.

From the Buzzfeed Article: His dad also said that he signed a form that he thought was just to let the doctors give his son medication but was really a consent to hospitalize Nicholas. Such a consent is not in the medical records Nicholas’s mom provided to BuzzFeed News, but the company provided a blank admission form and wrote, “Based on the nature of this document, it is highly unlikely that there would be confusion with regard to contents.”

Click on the intext link and it will bring up the admission form and you can see for yourself. You will notice there is a section included that tells the parent or guardian the individual may be placed in seclusion or restraints.

The Buzzfeed article does a piss poor job here:
In debriefing notes about the seclusion, a form asked whether Nicholas’s well-being, psychological comfort, and right to privacy had been maintained. A nurse checked “No.”

“I didn’t want to go to that room,” Nicholas told the nurse.

The nurse asked Nicholas directly if his well-being psychological comfort and right to privacy had been maintained. Nicholas said no and stated "I didn't want to go to that room". The nurse documented what he said. No plot.

And then:
On the petition form, the doctor wrote down a brief clinical evaluation — but even though it was written within minutes of his medical notes, the legal document lists a behavior not found in the records provided by Nicholas’s parents: banging his head against walls.

That night, a nurse wrote that Nicholas was on suicide precautions “but is interacting with peers and staff, is not withdrawn, and is not voicing anything suicidal.”

No plot. It simply says he had a 15 minute check and was not demonstrating anything on that shift.

The kid can't sleep. He wasn't intentionally kept awake. He could not sleep. He was slapped with an additional diagnosis of ODD...........and possibly because they do not want to consider his "became hyper" as manic at the age of 6.

So, when the Public Defender Jaffe kicks out the petition she argues the boy has "alternative care" meaning the therapist and the psychiatrist.

That said, there are multiple issues presented and the author of that article is intentionally misrepresenting shit or is a blithering idiot. A little from column A and a little from column B.

Riverpoint Multidisciplinary Progress Notes

^^^all of the notes. Again. You will notice that the parents flip because he isn't given Melatonin at night. They can't. And mom says the kid only acts like that if he does not sleep thus indicating the kid had not slept the night before he entered the facility.

You have to get past the first article which is a hack job.

Last edited:
How much does being a government shill pay? Inquiring minds want to know.

It doesn't. See, some of us understand Right and Wrong. We are more than willing to stand on the side of Righteousness, no matter how unpopular it is and how popular Wrongness has become.

The kid assaulted a teacher and has no recollection of it. Later he assaulted another kid and has no recollection of it. He more than likely verbalized at the time the counselor made the call he wanted to kill himself. He threw things at the counselor and had jumped on top of the tables and cabinets......
[Redacted for space]
.......You have to get past the first article which is a hack job.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical professional, nor do I play one on USMB. The following is based on personal experiences only.

I'm sorry, but this whole thing is a crock. I've got a u year old nephew who is diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. He's a defiant, scheming, conniving little shit who has never been required to live by any sort of rules or face any consequences for his actions. He understands exactly how to manipulate people better than many adults I know. He can cry and wail at the drop of a hat. He can charm certain people with a single smile. He gets away with almost anything he wants. UNLESS.....

I'm there. I don't buy this BS diagnosis and he knows it. If I tell him to do something he may consider ignoring me but rarely does. He definitely doesn't ignore me a second time. Why? What's so special about me? I don't let him get away with the crap. I hold him to the stated consequences and neither his smile nor tears work on me. And he knows it.

Get back to proper parenting and most if these child psychologists would be out of work.

The kid assaulted a teacher and has no recollection of it. Later he assaulted another kid and has no recollection of it. He more than likely verbalized at the time the counselor made the call he wanted to kill himself. He threw things at the counselor and had jumped on top of the tables and cabinets......
[Redacted for space]
.......You have to get past the first article which is a hack job.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical professional, nor do I play one on USMB. The following is based on personal experiences only.

I'm sorry, but this whole thing is a crock. I've got a u year old nephew who is diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. He's a defiant, scheming, conniving little shit who has never been required to live by any sort of rules or face any consequences for his actions. He understands exactly how to manipulate people better than many adults I know. He can cry and wail at the drop of a hat. He can charm certain people with a single smile. He gets away with almost anything he wants. UNLESS.....

I'm there. I don't buy this BS diagnosis and he knows it. If I tell him to do something he may consider ignoring me but rarely does. He definitely doesn't ignore me a second time. Why? What's so special about me? I don't let him get away with the crap. I hold him to the stated consequences and neither his smile nor tears work on me. And he knows it.

Get back to proper parenting and most if these child psychologists would be out of work.

But he does not have a child psychologist......and that is one of the issues I have with this.

Psychiatry

A psychiatrist has attended medical school and is a physician and therefore holds an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) degree. In residency, he or she received specialized training in the field of psychiatry, in addition to all the rigorous training of medical school in general. Moreover, just like other fields of medical practice such as internal medicine, psychiatry tends to focus mainly on the use of medications for treatment. Although psychiatric training may require some training in psychotherapy, psychiatrists are not required to complete any personal psychotherapy. Nevertheless, many psychiatrists have, for personal reasons, pursued training in psychotherapy. Historically, this training has most often been in the area of psychoanalysis.

Psychology

A psychologist usually holds a doctoral degree (a Ph.D., which means Doctor of Philosophy; a Psy.D., which means Doctor of Psychology; or an Ed.D., which means Doctor of Education) from a university or professional school. Generally, if he or she is in clinical practice, the degree will be in Clinical Psychology (although it might be in Counseling Psychology). With the exception of the Psy.D. (a purely clinical degree), all psychologists have had extensive training in research, having completed an original scientific study—called a doctoral dissertation—as a major part of the training.

In fact, the psychologist’s training in research is what most distinguishes a psychologist from other providers of mental health treatment. Not only does the field of psychology use research to assess the effectiveness of various forms of treatment, but also any psychologist trained in research should have acquired some solid skills useful for analyzing information and drawing conclusions in psychotherapy sessions.

Psychologists have also received training in psychological testing during the course of their graduate education in clinical psychology.

Moreover, in addition to their academic training, psychologists have usually completed one or more clinical internships (which provide practical training in diagnosis, assessment, and psychotherapy), and they will have experienced at least a year of required personal psychotherapy.

The difference between Psychology and Psychiatry (and Psychoanalysis)

Forum List

Back