Background checks to own a gun....

[

Of course you don't consider it a big deal. You have no problem with America-hating terrorists.

Last time I checked, he had a right to express his opinions...
With bombs, dumbass?
Oh, was he actually ever convicted of "terrorism"? (really, just some vandalism, but that's okay, I'm sure you thought that was a great statue he blew up.)
His incompetent fellow terrorists blew themselves up building a bomb they were going to use to kill Soldiers at Fort Dix.
[...
Camps. Killing millions who disagree.

You just popped a tiny boner, didn't you, Comrade?

No, man. I think that was you wetting your pants at the thought of the left getting you out of the gene pool... because you are such a sissy.

[
come on Joe is an Eishenhower Republican that says the party left him, but he's for every radical leftwing agenda from the 60s....he amuses me with his blatant stupidity and hypocrisy on every subject....

Ike would have been in agreement with me. He was the one who warned us about the power of the Military-Industrial Complex.

He also said wonderful stuff like this..

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."

"I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Read more at Dwight D. Eisenhower Quotes - BrainyQuote

So the real question is, where did the GOP go wrong?

My guess- when it started to get dominated by people like Cheney, Bush, Limbaugh, and others who found various ways to avoid the draft and war.

Last time I checked, he had a right to express his opinions...
With bombs, dumbass?
Oh, was he actually ever convicted of "terrorism"? (really, just some vandalism, but that's okay, I'm sure you thought that was a great statue he blew up.)
His incompetent fellow terrorists blew themselves up building a bomb they were going to use to kill Soldiers at Fort Dix.
[...

No, man. I think that was you wetting your pants at the thought of the left getting you out of the gene pool... because you are such a sissy.
Really? I'm not the one afraid of guns. I'm not the one afraid of freedom. I'm not the one who wants to be subservient to government.

Ayers was a terrorist. There is no rational way to argue against that. But you, being irrational, will continue to do so.

Dumbass.

With bombs, dumbass?

[...

Really? I'm not the one afraid of guns. I'm not the one afraid of freedom. I'm not the one who wants to be subservient to government.

Ayers was a terrorist. There is no rational way to argue against that. But you, being irrational, will continue to do so.

Dumbass.

did you ever think six months ago you would be having this discussion with Joe the "republican"
tumblr_lykeg9c5lv1r826ovo1_500.jpg

[
come on Joe is an Eishenhower Republican that says the party left him, but he's for every radical leftwing agenda from the 60s....he amuses me with his blatant stupidity and hypocrisy on every subject....

Ike would have been in agreement with me. He was the one who warned us about the power of the Military-Industrial Complex.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."

"I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Read more at Dwight D. Eisenhower Quotes - BrainyQuote

My guess- when it started to get dominated by people like Cheney, Bush, Limbaugh, and others who found various ways to avoid the draft and war.

The Faustian bargain struck with social conservatives, divisive and extreme fiscal policies that declared war on the middle class, and the reckless arrogance of the neo-cons, their illegal wars and ‘nation-building.’

[

Dumbass.

Actually, using the word terrorist is "irrational".

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

George III considered the Founding Fathers to be "terrorists".

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Russians, he was a "Freedom Fighter", according to Ronald Reagan. When he was killing Americans, he was a "Terrorist".

I think that if the NRA threatens violence if they don't get all the guns they want, they are terrorists. (I think you guys are going to eventually regret all those laws Bush passed.)

To some poor kid who was looking to get shipped to Vietnam to fight a war the government already knew it couldn't win, Ayers and his ilk were "Freedom Fighters". They were the ones standing up saying "This was wrong".

All really depends on your point of view, but at the end of the day, the government didn't even try to prosecute Ayers. They knew they'd never convict him.

[

did you ever think six months ago you would be having this discussion with Joe the "republican"
]

Six months ago, they weren't dragging 20 little body bags out of the Newton School.

Although six months ago, when they had the Aurora Shooting, I was pretty much on the view that something needed to be done.

you would bitch and whine about anything republican

[

]

Six months ago, they weren't dragging 20 little body bags out of the Newton School.

Although six months ago, when they had the Aurora Shooting, I was pretty much on the view that something needed to be done.

you would bitch and whine about anything republican

I would bitch and whine when the GOP is on the wrong side of issues.

There really are only two sides in THIS issue.

The one side is the greedy gun manufacturers who want to sell as many guns to people as possible, no matter how unsuited they are to own a gun or how completely unnecessary the guns are.

The other side are little kids (and adults) who end up on the business end of these guns when one of these people goes off.

Lanza, Cho, Holmes, Loughner- none of these guys should have ever had a gun.

[

The Faustian bargain struck with social conservatives, divisive and extreme fiscal policies that declared war on the middle class, and the reckless arrogance of the neo-cons, their illegal wars and ‘nation-building.’

I think there's something to that. But I think the bigger problem is that they keep pushing the same buttons.

Let's take taxes. Reagan slashed the top marginal tax rate from 70% to 33% because, let's be honest, a 70% tax rate is sort of ridiculous.. .even I'll admit that when I'm not trying to annoy crazy Wingnuts for shits and grins. But 33% was too low. And even Reagan realized that when he agreed to tax increases.. followed by Bush-41 and Clinton doing the same until we had the tax rates at a sensible place and had prosperity. So the argument did what it should.. got to a sensible middle.

Then Bush cut taxes.. Originally because surpluses meant we were spending too much, then to spur the economy. Then he cut them some more. then you even got Obama cutting taxes (not enough for Republicans, who claimed he raised them) and you got exactly what you'd expect when you cut taxes while fighting two wars. Trillion dollar deficits. But the GOP is so in love with tax-cutting as a virtue, they'd rather crash the government instead of raising taxes to meet our obligations.

Similar things could be said about abortion (why are we still arguing Roe 40 year later?) or the military (why are we spending at Cold War levels 20 years after we "won" the Cold War.)

Forum List

Back