Back surgery

Glad to see you are doing so well! Just don’t push it too much. Take care.

I did that today and now I'm regretting it.
They brought over a bone stimulator today that is supposed to enhance the fusion rate to almost double.
The weird part? They just want me to toss it in the trash when I'm done with it and Blue Cross is paying for it.
This thing is no slouch when it comes to construction either and I cant see why it wouldnt last through many more uses.
A bone stimulator? That was never mentioned to me. Didn't know such a thing existed.
It's a vibrating suppository...

Uuuuugh.......not exactly.
It looks like a go cart steering wheel that is strapped to your back for 30 minutes a day.

That was my problem to the point where my foot dropped. The hemilaminectomy did the trick without any fusion, and the recovery was very fast.

The Doc said I should be pain free in a couple weeks and the fusion should be complete in about a month using the bone growth stimulator.

My problem was shooting pain down my leg,numbness and the occasional collapse of the leg.
The pressure on the nerve coming out of my spine sent pain and numbness all the way down my left leg to my toes. At the point where I had the surgery I could no longer lift my toes when I took a step forward. I had to lift my thigh high enough so my dangling foot could clear the ground. They did the surgery in the morning and by dinner time they had me walking. They released me 5 days later even though I lived alone and had no one to help me. The next day after the surgery I needed no pain medication.

They said if I could walk around unaided I could go home....i was out of there the next day,it hurt like a sonofabitch though!!!!!
Three weeks into recovery and i'm for the most part pain free and only need an occasional Advil.
I just saw this. How are you doing now.? I had multilevel fusion on 3.1 , a little more than 100 days ago. I was a mess-"nearly total obliteration of the spinal canal." The surgeon said the he was surprised that I was still walking, but I was, although with considerable pain and numbness in my legs and feet a good deal of the time.

I have now completed physical therapy and have returned to the gym where I can do light workouts. The legs are fine . Still cant bent or twist or lift very much. The back is good most of the time but still a little stiff and sore at times. Going back to see the doc next week.

I've felt 100% since shortly after the surgery. The first week or so really sucked but it improved drastically after a few weeks.
I go for my final check up on the 27 of this month and will be cleared for my normal activities.
Good for you not everyone has a good out come. I did, but apparently my recovery has been slower than yours. Not 100% even now but getting there .Everyone is different.

The Doc said I should be pain free in a couple weeks and the fusion should be complete in about a month using the bone growth stimulator.

My problem was shooting pain down my leg,numbness and the occasional collapse of the leg.
The pressure on the nerve coming out of my spine sent pain and numbness all the way down my left leg to my toes. At the point where I had the surgery I could no longer lift my toes when I took a step forward. I had to lift my thigh high enough so my dangling foot could clear the ground. They did the surgery in the morning and by dinner time they had me walking. They released me 5 days later even though I lived alone and had no one to help me. The next day after the surgery I needed no pain medication.

They said if I could walk around unaided I could go home....i was out of there the next day,it hurt like a sonofabitch though!!!!!
Three weeks into recovery and i'm for the most part pain free and only need an occasional Advil.
I just saw this. How are you doing now.? I had multilevel fusion on 3.1 , a little more than 100 days ago. I was a mess-"nearly total obliteration of the spinal canal." The surgeon said the he was surprised that I was still walking, but I was, although with considerable pain and numbness in my legs and feet a good deal of the time.

I have now completed physical therapy and have returned to the gym where I can do light workouts. The legs are fine . Still cant bent or twist or lift very much. The back is good most of the time but still a little stiff and sore at times. Going back to see the doc next week.

I've felt 100% since shortly after the surgery. The first week or so really sucked but it improved drastically after a few weeks.
I go for my final check up on the 27 of this month and will be cleared for my normal activities.
Good for you not everyone has a good out come. I did, but apparently my recovery has been slower than yours. Not 100% even now but getting there .Everyone is different.

I still have weakness due to atrophy in the leg that I had the nerve pain along with the atrophy in the other leg after a hip replacement but it's coming along.
It's been a rough 5 years,cancer surgery,hip replacement,back surgery and some major oral surgery to finally fix a spill off a roof in my youth.

My husband is suffering right now he has a hernia but he does not want to be operated right away because he has a big job offer that comes to him. he will have to wait before he can be operated because he will not have the job .
But if the pain is too intense it will have to do as for his brother who had the operation and that suffered well after he did not pay attention he had to return to the doctor.
The back is fragile a lot of man unfortunately suffers

My husband is suffering right now he has a hernia but he does not want to be operated right away because he has a big job offer that comes to him. he will have to wait before he can be operated because he will not have the job .
But if the pain is too intense it will have to do as for his brother who had the operation and that suffered well after he did not pay attention he had to return to the doctor.

My back was bullet proof until I hit 52.
I really think my retiring at 46 had a lot to do with it.
My back no longer got the regular exercise it got while I was working.

Yes, getting some exercise keeps us in good shape working keep us Moving depend the work too my husband is very sturdy the worry too is when you men lift up heavy things that's how you hurt your back often

Yes, getting some exercise keeps us in good shape working keep us Moving depend the work too my husband is very sturdy the worry too is when you men lift up heavy things that's how you hurt your back often

Yeah....I first started having problems with my hip right before I retired.
Shortly after retirement I had to have the hip replaced which slowed me down then came the cancer surgery that further slowed me down.
I used to ride my bike 20 miles a day except for Sundays but that ended with all the surgeries further complicating my ability to exercise.
I'm finally pain free and I'm having trouble getting back into an exercise program.
It really sucks because I used to leg squat more weight than the machine had available and had to have people stand on the weight stack.

Yeah....I first started having problems with my hip right before I retired.
Shortly after retirement I had to have the hip replaced which slowed me down then came the cancer surgery that further slowed me down.
I used to ride my bike 20 miles a day except for Sundays but that ended with all the surgeries further complicating my ability to exercise.
I'm finally pain free and I'm having trouble getting back into an exercise program.
It really sucks because I used to leg squat more weight than the machine had available and had to have people stand on the weight stack.
I'm sorry for you, sometimes you have to follow what your body tells us: sometimes it takes exercise and other times is better to rest and drugs/medicament too I do not like at all, I touch a piece of wood I do not take any medicine, I'm older than my husband 10-year-older, but I do not have any health problems, he starts to have small sores the stress it too much at work. is not good for health

Forum List

Back