Bachmann's Entire New Hampshire Staff Quits

Bachmann should just drop out of the race and rerun for her Congressional seat if she still wants that. She has no shot at the nomination at this point. That should be more than obvious to her campaign.
Maybe hope for a Cabinet post in the next Administration that won't be Obama's.

Which cabinet post is she qualified to have?

Considering how low the bar has been lowered by the current admin, pretty much any post.

I hope that eye candy can hold on to at least Super Tuesday.
bachmannblack.jpg

Michele Bachmann's five-person New Hampshire just quit en masse because a in the words of Manchester TV station WMUR they felt "constantly betrayed and even lied to." It's not clear from James Pindell's report, which is behind a paywall, what exactly they're so upset about. He writes that they are still big fans of Bachmann: "They stress that this has nothing to do with their devotion to the candidate. In fact, the staff was going to leave the campaign much earlier, but did not because they felt it wasn’t the best for the candidate." But it sounds like Bachmann's absence from the state while she focused on Iowa played a part. Pindell writes: "Bachmann came to the state last week for the Dartmouth debate. It was her first trip to New Hampshire since late June, and it was the final straw for the local staff. They felt constantly betrayed and even lied to, one of the staffers said." Bachmann, for the record, blames her absence in the state because of the debt-ceiling debate. "You didn't see me a lot here in New Hampshire and I'll tell you why: It's because my first duty was to go back to Washington, D.C.," she told New Hampshirites last week, according to the AP.

Bachmann's Entire New Hampshire Staff Just Quit - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

As much as it is her right to stay in the race it is also my right to hope she soon follows her staffs decision.

Bachmann should just drop out of the race and rerun for her Congressional seat if she still wants that. She has no shot at the nomination at this point. That should be more than obvious to her campaign.

She is far more qualified for Geithner's position than he is.

You must be kidding. She doesn't have nearly the background that Geithner has in treasury issues. Not saying I like Geithner at all, just that you are blatantly and hilariously wrong in saying that Bachmann is more qualified than Geithner to be Sec. of Treasury.

You must be kidding. She doesn't have nearly the background that Geithner has in treasury issues. Not saying I like Geithner at all, just that you are blatantly and hilariously wrong in saying that Bachmann is more qualified than Geithner to be Sec. of Treasury.

Is Michelle Bachmann a tax cheat? No? Well then she's more qualified.

From original link:

Update 3:25 p.m. Bachmann called into Radio Iowa to address the story herself. Politico has her statement:

“That is a shocking story to me,” Bachmann said. “I don’t know where that came from. We have called staff in New Hampshire to find out where that came from and the staff have said that isn’t true, so I don’t know if this is just a bad story that’s being fed by a different candidate or campaign. I have no idea where this came from, but we’ve made calls and it’s certainly not true.”

Update 3:15 p.m.: Michele Bachmann's campaign says it hasn't heard of anyone in New Hampshire quitting, Fox News reports. Fox News's Carl Cameron writes that the campaign says, "until the Bachmann campaign hears from those individuals who have reportedly quit, the campaign will not comment further" but Cameron also says Fox News has been in touch with at least one New Hampshire staffer who is joining the Rick Perry campaign.

Guess we'll find out on Snopes.

Is Michelle Bachmann a tax cheat? No? Well then she's more qualified.

She may not be a tax cheat, but she is a government welfare queen. Either way, you are apparently misunderstanding the difference between being more ethical and being more qualified. Geithner is by far more qualified for the position given his extensive background, but that certainly doesn't change the fact that he is douche bag who should be fired. Michele Bachmann is in no way qualified to be Sec. of Treasury, but then again I'd argue that she's in no way qualified to be a member of congress.

From original link:

Update 3:25 p.m. Bachmann called into Radio Iowa to address the story herself. Politico has her statement:

“That is a shocking story to me,” Bachmann said. “I don’t know where that came from. We have called staff in New Hampshire to find out where that came from and the staff have said that isn’t true, so I don’t know if this is just a bad story that’s being fed by a different candidate or campaign. I have no idea where this came from, but we’ve made calls and it’s certainly not true.”

Update 3:15 p.m.: Michele Bachmann's campaign says it hasn't heard of anyone in New Hampshire quitting, Fox News reports. Fox News's Carl Cameron writes that the campaign says, "until the Bachmann campaign hears from those individuals who have reportedly quit, the campaign will not comment further" but Cameron also says Fox News has been in touch with at least one New Hampshire staffer who is joining the Rick Perry campaign.

Guess we'll find out on Snopes.

UPDATED 4:50 p.m. Jeff Chidester, the New Hampshire campaign manager for Representative Michele Bachmann, confirmed Friday afternoon that he was leaving the campaign, capping an unusual day of mixed signals that revealed a breakdown in communication between Mrs. Bachmann and her New Hampshire staff.

Earlier in the day, the national campaign manager, Keith Nahigian, denied an online report that five full-time staff members in New Hampshire had quit.

“I just talked to two of them and they don’t know what’s going on,”Mr. Nahigian said in a telephone interview between flights at the Detroit airport.

The defections were first reported by the political director of a television station in New Hampshire, WMUR-TV, who published an online report that the staff members were quitting out of frustration with Mrs. Bachmann’s lack of time campaigning in the state.

The Union Leader of New Hampshire reported that he and three other staff members resigned “as a result of frustration with Bachman’s national campaign, not with the candidate herself.”

Other staff members in New Hampshire could not be reached independently.

Bachmann's N.H. Campaign Manager Confirms He Is Leaving - NYTimes.com

The NY Times update states the same thing I posted, second paragraph.

Still waiting for an update the whole team quit en masse.

Personally, I don't care one way or the the other.

The NY Times update states the same thing I posted, second paragraph.

Still waiting for an update the whole team quit en masse.

Personally, I don't care one way or the the other.

:lol: Me neither, really! Just another notable moment, is all...

Forum List

Back