Bachmann's Census Bashing May Come Back to Haunt Her

I'd like to know why the fucking federal government has to shell out our money for fancy buses to advertise the census to the tune of 300 plus million dollars.

Come on a fucking bus tour called "Portrait of America"?

Can we waste a little more fucking money?
Because it encourages people to return the census forms they get in the mail. Cheaper than sending people door to door to question the ones that just throw it away.

I'd like to know why the fucking federal government has to shell out our money for fancy buses to advertise the census to the tune of 300 plus million dollars.

Because it encourages people to return the census forms they get in the mail. Cheaper than sending people door to door to question the ones that just throw it away.

You can encourage people to do the same thing with a PSA on radio and TV for even less.

Paying for fancy buses and the costs of a stupid tour is a total waste of money

In fact I'll even write the script

"My fellow Americans, please answer the 10 questions on the census form you will be receiving in the mail and send it back or else we'll spend a few hundred million tax dollars and take more of your money to cover the costs"

Last edited:
Hmm, Why Has Bachmann Stopped Bashing The Census? | TPMDC

The state of Minnesota could be on the verge of losing a House seat after 2010 -- and interestingly enough, it's been a while since we heard Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) talk about refusing to participate in the Census.

Last year, Bachmann repeatedly said she would defy the Census by not completely filling out the information on the forms, but would instead only give the number of people in her household. She said that Census data was used to conduct the 1940's Japanese-American internment, and warned that the government was seeking to gather information about people's mental health. But as far as we can tell, her last anti-Census public statement was in August.

The largest newspaper in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune, is calling on the state's citizens to vigorously participate in the Census. The key issue here is that according to current population estimates, Minnesota is right on the cusp of losing one of its eight seats in Congress, and will be in a close competition with Missouri, Texas and California for that district. The Strib points out that "Minnesota traditionally has had one big advantage -- the cooperation of its civic-minded citizens."

And this situation proves that despite her rhetoric, Bachmann is just another politician, although a bit more loony than the usual cast of characters.

Why does the Government need to know any more then how many people live in a household? The Representative Seats are apportioned based on population alone, nothing else matters.

Statistically minorities usually vote strongly with the Democrats so they want to locate all of the brown people so they can redistrict the country to favor Democrat candidates.

You can encourage people to do the same thing with a PSA on radio and TV for even less.

"My fellow Americans, please answer the 10 questions on the census form you will be receiving in the mail and send it back or else we'll spend a few hundred million more tax dollars and increase the deficit even more"
What if you don't watch tv or listen to the radio?

"My fellow Americans, please answer the 10 questions on the census form you will be receiving in the mail and send it back or else we'll spend a few hundred million more tax dollars and increase the deficit even more"

Newspapers

And seriously if a bunch of fucking idiots out there don't watch TV, listen to radio or read the newspapers then a fucking multi million dollar bus tour ain't gonna get them to send in a census form either.

:rolleyes:

what if eleanor roosevelt could fly?

:lol: I rarely watch tv and you know that the newspaper industry is going down the toilet. Not sure about radio.

:lol: I rarely watch tv and you know that the newspaper industry is going down the toilet. Not sure about radio.

they should hire skywriters. look how well that worked for the wicked witch of the west...

surrenderdorothy.jpg

much greener than a bus tour, too.

The state of Minnesota could be on the verge of losing a House seat after 2010 -- and interestingly enough, it's been a while since we heard Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) talk about refusing to participate in the Census.

Last year, Bachmann repeatedly said she would defy the Census by not completely filling out the information on the forms, but would instead only give the number of people in her household. She said that Census data was used to conduct the 1940's Japanese-American internment, and warned that the government was seeking to gather information about people's mental health. But as far as we can tell, her last anti-Census public statement was in August.

The largest newspaper in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune, is calling on the state's citizens to vigorously participate in the Census. The key issue here is that according to current population estimates, Minnesota is right on the cusp of losing one of its eight seats in Congress, and will be in a close competition with Missouri, Texas and California for that district. The Strib points out that "Minnesota traditionally has had one big advantage -- the cooperation of its civic-minded citizens."

And this situation proves that despite her rhetoric, Bachmann is just another politician, although a bit more loony than the usual cast of characters.

Why does the Government need to know any more then how many people live in a household? The Representative Seats are apportioned based on population alone, nothing else matters.

When this came around ten years ago...did you say the same thing?

When this came around ten years ago...did you say the same thing?

10 years ago the Government was not trying to establish who is or is not mentally ill for one. 10 years ago the census was not political, this being the first Administration to EVER move the Census into the White House and try to use a n openly BIASED (ACORN) organization to run the census. 10 Years ago the party in power was not threatened with losing seats in their strong hold States to traditionally their opponent States.

BUT to the point, the op claimed that the congressperson was in danger of something for pointing out the basic simple LEGAL fact that all the Government needs to apportion house seats is the NUMBER of people living in each location. The purpose of the Census is to apportion seats and to ensure fair and uniform taxation, levies and duties are applied. Or perhaps you can show us some other purpose in the Constitution?

The key issue here is that according to current population estimates, Minnesota is right on the cusp of losing one of its eight seats in Congress

Isn't that Bachmann's wish?

Smaller government?

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT. Hate to break it to you moron but no census will ever shrink the Government. Its purpose is to ensure the ALLOWED Representatives are properly apportioned through out the several States based on population. It further is to ensure the proper taxes, levies and duties are UNIFORMLY applied to each State based on population. Something that has lost a lot of umpfy since we have INCOME TAX now.

Question about the census:

Should I only count the people legally part of my household?

Or should I include my illegal Mexican servants?

Are you claiming them as dependents on this years taxes? :lol:

You can not even claim your own kids as dependents with out jumping through a million hoops. My son is 25, does not work and solely dependent on me and my wife and we are told since he is over 18 he can not be our dependent.

Well, yeah....25 and doesn't work and lives at home? Really?

The key issue here is that according to current population estimates, Minnesota is right on the cusp of losing one of its eight seats in Congress

Smaller government?

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT. Hate to break it to you moron but no census will ever shrink the Government. Its purpose is to ensure the ALLOWED Representatives are properly apportioned through out the several States based on population. It further is to ensure the proper taxes, levies and duties are UNIFORMLY applied to each State based on population. Something that has lost a lot of umpfy since we have INCOME TAX now.

SARCASM ALERT, SARCASM ALERT. Hate to break it to you moron but the point was that Minnesota will have less representation in government

Smaller government?

SARCASM ALERT, SARCASM ALERT. Hate to break it to you moron but the point was that Minnesota will have less representation in government

There'd certainly be less Congressional Home offices with the accompanying bureaucracy....but I'm guessing someone didn't figure that out.

Smaller government?

OHH LOOK, ANOTHER RETARD, another liberal as well, who would have thunk it possible that liberals would be falling all over themselves to PROVE just how RETARDED they are?

There'd certainly be less Congressional Home offices with the accompanying bureaucracy....but I'm guessing someone didn't figure that out.

Once again you dumb ass, when one State loses a Representative another State GAINS one, there is NO CHANGE due to the census in the size of the Government. Home offices and staffs would just change from one State to another, NO SMALLER GOVERNMENT at all. The Census has nothing what so ever to do with the size of the Federal Government.

Are you claiming them as dependents on this years taxes? :lol:

You can not even claim your own kids as dependents with out jumping through a million hoops. My son is 25, does not work and solely dependent on me and my wife and we are told since he is over 18 he can not be our dependent.

Just because you are heartless and would kick your child out does not mean I would. I guess I should cart him down to social services so he can apply for Food Stamps, after all my income will have no bearing on whether he gets them or not due to the fact legally he can not be my dependent according to retards like you.

Smaller government?

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1151-sarcasm-detector.jpg

OHH LOOK, ANOTHER RETARD, another liberal as well, who would have thunk it possible that liberals would be falling all over themselves to PROVE just how RETARDED they are?

Do you always go around announcing yourself like that?

Just because you are heartless and would kick your child out does not mean I would. I guess I should cart him down to social services so he can apply for Food Stamps, after all my income will have no bearing on whether he gets them or not due to the fact legally he can not be my dependent according to retards like you.

It's called....ENABLING. But, whatever floats your boat. :lol:

Forum List

Back