Ayn Rand on God

Disbelief in religious thought began with the creation of the first religion.

So, did Christianity begin between 1950--1980? No

Dit it begin in the 19th ceturary? No.

I think it began (actually) around 33 AD. Then, there were more anti-christian atheists!! Yet, Atheism existed before christianity.

Atheistic thought roots is embedded in the disbelief of God or Gods. After that, you are on an opinionated tangent that tries to encompass the basis of atheism(why does atheism needs a basis? Religious belief only needed handwaving!! Atheism is a solid statement that claims the theologians are making these religious concepts up!!). Ayn Rand, if she was an atheists, only expressed her ideas on the subject of religion. Other atheists, may have agreed or disagreed with her. But she was not founder or Leading intellectual on the subject.

Come to think about it, how can there be an intellectual leader of Athiesm. It is just a realization of one thing--there is no god. Not in the Christian sense. Not in the Islamic sense. Not in the Judaic sense. Not in the Hindi sense. Not in the Hellinic sense. Name the religion that need some conscience being or beings as a supreme creator--not in their sense as well.
I don't know if the above rubbish is the result of you projecting your rebellious tendencies onto your ideology, or a simple lack of historical background.

I think it began (actually) around 33 AD. Then, there were more anti-christian atheists!! Yet, Atheism existed before christianity.
Rubbish. In 33AD Atheists were killed in 90% of the world, and exiled in the other 10%. Let's look at Western Eurasia in 33AD.

Roman Empire: Worshipped the Classical Pantheon and the Imperial Cult.
Northern Europe: Worshipped the Norse or Celtic pantheons.
Africa: Tribal animism, the worship of spirits.
Persia: Zoroastrianism, the worship of the creator God.
Arabia: Worship of tribal Djinni.

Atheism was relegated to unorganized exiled hermits who had no power over their societies, and no way to communicate with eachother. They were as good as dead to the rest of humanity.

Today, 18% of, or 90 million, Europeans declare themselves atheist. After 3000 years of monotheism and polytheism, 90 million people don't just decide there is no God out of the blue.

No, there are causes of the development of atheism in Western Civilization, and it can be traced to the most popular thinkers of the 18th and 19th Century.

Thinkers like:
Voltaire
Kant
Fichte
Hegel
Bentham
Nietzche
Kierkegaard
Emerson
Marx

Just to name a few. If you live in either the Americas, Europe, or China and are atheist, your beliefs have been influenced by the above men. Even if you don't realize it, the majority of the discussions about atheism throughout the last century and online in this century are primarily re-hashes of the works of the above philosophers.

In light of this, trying to argue "I became atheist independently of everyone else" is not only ignorant, it is childish.

Well, actually, they later influenced me--but coming to atheism is not a study in an ideology, but disbelief in god.

Now, Nietzche and Atheism. I understand that many people believe that Nietzche was an atheists, but has anyone ever thought to ask Nietzche what is his definition of God was.

In many of his works, Nietzche loved to talk about the creator, and denounce religion. But Nietzches first work--I think his dissetation, was actually a celebration of Hellenic religion. Kind of strange considering that religion is a dead one. Strange until you consider the rest of the body of Nietzche as a whole--Nietzche celebrated the both the potential and abilities of man. His denounciation of religion through statements such as "God is Dead" was meant to aggravate conscious thought about creation and ask questions concerning mans whole in the universe from differing perspective. Nietzche argued against Dogmatism--regardless of whether it was enshrined in a religion or found in the Athesits of Marxists communism. Dogmatism is death--and in the time of Nietzche, Dogmatism and God was synonymous.

One should take care about labeling Nietzche an atheists. For some one that claimed God was dead, he borrowed heavily from Christian Theology. One example is:

"Fellow creators is what the creator seeks. Not corpses, not herds or believers."

When reading Nietzche, One normally associate "creator" to the creative or inventive man. Yet, when one talks of Nietzche, even fools can be a creator. So can the dogmatist when he (mistakenly)strays from his strict ideas.

Another case in point is:

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star"

For someone that is opposed to religious thought, his use of "soul" is a contradictiion. To add a hypothesis here, I do not think Nietzche believed that inspiration springs forth from shrew calculations, but relizations of the observed and those that are intuit. To me, for an Atheists, Nietzche was not. Nietzche was more of an Anarchists than atheists. He dislike authority and railed against it, yet would take from them what is of great benefit to expressing his ideas. His religious beliefs I would actually say are questionable.He could have been a skeptic of Christian belief.

Now for the other guys--I say I have read little Hegel, Kirkegaard--the only thing of Marx I know of is the communist manifesto, and I have to confess,Marx philosophical writing is almost as bad as character creation in Atlas Shrugs by Ayn Rand. I mean really, if you are going to write something.......

Last edited:
I just thought of something based on what eagleseven has said--All modern atheists are influnced by theses people.

Voltaire
Kant
Fichte
Hegel
Bentham
Nietzche
Kierkegaard
Emerson
Marx

Now tell me, who influenced these thinkers?

When I think about it, I really should not give a damn.

But then, I do not believe in damnation, so how could I ever give it?

you fail. You assert the affirmative; you bear the burden of proof.

Thank you for demonstrating once again that theists are mentally challenged liars.

anyone with any brains at all could prove their point
Which explains why you are unable to demonstrate the existence of the supernatural or prove your point :eusa_whistle:

youre the one with a point to prove, I have made no claims. you have a belief and you should be able to back it up with proof...I guess you cant do that huh?

anyone with any brains at all could prove their point
Which explains why you are unable to demonstrate the existence of the supernatural or prove your point :eusa_whistle:

youre the one with a point to prove, I have made no claims. you have a belief and you should be able to back it up with proof...I guess you cant do that huh?

I'm not surprised you're so stupid- you show it often. My statement regarding a lack of evidence is true by default until evidence is presented.

I just thought of something based on what eagleseven has said--All modern atheists are influnced by theses people.

Voltaire
Kant
Fichte
Hegel
Bentham
Nietzche
Kierkegaard
Emerson
Marx

Now tell me, who influenced these thinkers?

When I think about it, I really should not give a damn.

But then, I do not believe in damnation, so how could I ever give it?

Only read one of those people

I'm not surprised you're so stupid- you show it often. My statement regarding a lack of evidence is true by default until evidence is presented.

still the same vomit? you have a belief and you have no reason for believing it.

As for me, before I believe anything I work out the pros and cons of it, I evaluate it and test it to see if it holds water, you have blind belief. You do not know why u believe the way you do, you have no foundation, what a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Believers in god have a psychological problem. LOL. My favorite line. That's what I've always thought, lol.
Believers have to suspend reason, another good line, lol. And right on!

:lol:

You really are a stupid little troll

youre the one who does not know why you believe what you believe, I'd say that makes you stupid.

Hold it--you ask why people do not believe in Christianity?

How about--do bushes talk while burning?

Do oceans part for people escaping slavery?

Has Fire rained out of the sky, or has a city as "sinful" as Las Vegas turned to ash in your life time.

Or how about the last time someone was beaten bloodied, nailed on a cross to die, and "resurrected" after three days without any medical attention?

I call that Bullshit. You may sit here and marvel at such wonderous stories, but I call Bullshit Bullshit!!

Now tell us--why do you believe in Holy Bullshit?

How about putting yourself in our shoes for a second:

How would you respond if I said"I was abducted by Dolphin-like Aliens and we went to the cafeteria at the end of the universe. While there, I won an entire planetary system composed of Advanced slaves, but the Alien Dolphins cheated me out of my winnings!! They then dropped me off, buck naked and drunk, in the middle of a wheat field! That is why I am here wearing nothing but grass around my waist and totally intoxicated!! What? You do not believe me--then prove that I am lying!!"

If I said this, you would die from laughter. To get upset over it would only make this situation more hysterical. Yet you want us to prove that your religion is basically full of it.

How about you prove to me that there are no Alien dolphins!! No cafeteria at the end of the universe !! How about an entire planetary system of advanced slaves. Lack of ability to prove it? Or is it a story composed of so much bull that you wonder if I believe it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back