Austria Considers Law to Seize Home Where Hitler Was Born

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Tear it down so it can't be a shrine for nazis

Discussions continue, said Karl-Heinz Grundböck, a spokesman for the Interior Ministry in Vienna, but a draft law is expected to go to Parliament by summer while a commission of experts considers the building’s fate.

The boy who became Hitler was born in Braunau on April 20, 1889, in an apartment rented to his parents above what was a tavern.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/10/w...to-seize-home-where-hitler-was-born.html?_r=0

Why wasn't this done 70 years ago?

Why is Josef Stalin's Dacha a museum that tourists can visit?

Tourists can even pose for pictures with a dummy of the POS:

140211141838-stalin-dacha-eight-horizontal-gallery.jpg

STALIN-articleLarge.jpg

You can even pose for a picture on Stalin's bed:

cache_10123787.jpg

Stalin's Dacha is a hideous green colour:

%D0%94%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B0-%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0.jpg

This house in Braunau am Inn, my government has leased since 1972 from the owner Frau Gerlinde Pommer, and for decades it was a centre for people with disabilities.

For some obscure reason, in about 2011, Frau Pommer got into some argument with our government regarding renovations to sections of the property, which she wouldn't allow permission for.

So because of this, all the people who were using it as a centre for disabilities, they all had to move out, and thus since this strange episode the house has been empty, but still owned by Frau Pommer.

I'm told that The Ministry of The Interior will offer Frau Pommer compensation to purchase the property off her, so that then it'll be owned by our Government, for this a special law must be created and passed.

It's private property.

For whatever reason, the man who owns the building doesn't want to sell it. It's his property, to do with as he wishes.

Whatever infamous history may be associated with that property, does not create any valid justification to violate the rights of its owner.

It's private property.

For whatever reason, the man who owns the building doesn't want to sell it. It's his property, to do with as he wishes.

Whatever infamous history may be associated with that property, does not create any valid justification to violate the rights of its owner.
Compensate him for his "loss". The report states that it is in poor repair so he aint due much.

It's private property.

Compensate him for his "loss". The report states that it is in poor repair so he aint due much.

If the Austrian government, or any private group can make an offer to this owner to buy his property, that this owner will accept of his own free will, then that's fine. No valid basis exists by which to force him to give up his property against his will, no matter what “compensation” is offered. It is his property, after all.

Be careful what you wish for. Whatever offer might be made by the government, or by some private group that wants to eliminate what they see as a potential shrine to Hitler, perhaps some neo-Nazi group might step in with a better offer.

Probably much better, in this case, to just let sleeping dogs lie.

Those who want to seize this property could end up instigating the very outcome that they wanted to avoid.

It's private property.

The owner is female Frau Pommer. The essential problem, why this dilemma has arisen, is that sections of the house need renovations, which Frau Pommer refuses to allow....she gets €5,000 a month from our government to lease the house from her, for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

So because she won't allow the renovations, the house has been empty and locked since 2011.

I know that there are several proposals if Frau Pommer accepts compensation to sell the house to our government, two of these proposals are to perform the required renovations to the property and then turn it into flats, which is actually what the house originally was. The house was built in the 17th Century, and from the mid-19th Century the entire upper floors were a series of flats to rent.

Another proposal is for it to be not another centre for people with disabilities, but for adult education.

Nazi shrine. blow it up.

I can't help being reminded of the Buddhas of Bamiyan. You are displaying exactly the same sort of destructive ignorance that the Taliban did.

Why hasn't Josef Stalin's Dacha been blown-up? Why is it a museum that tourists can visit?

It's another double-standard.
Ask someone who gives a shit. Russia is a fucked up place. Austria is supposed to be civilised.

Nazi shrine. blow it up.

I can't help being reminded of the Buddhas of Bamiyan. You are displaying exactly the same sort of destructive ignorance that the Taliban did.

Why hasn't Josef Stalin's Dacha been blown-up? Why is it a museum that tourists can visit?

It's another double-standard.
Ask someone who gives a shit. Russia is a fucked up place. Austria is supposed to be civilised.

I spent several months in St. Petersburg, an amazingly beautiful and impressive city, with incredible architecture:

st petersburg russia - Google Search

I'm glad it was a workshop for the disabled. Hitler would be rolling in his grave if he knew!

Someone should put cameras at the front door, and set up a website to shame any skinhead scum who go visit that place by posting their photo. Maybe offer a reward to anyone who can identify them and post their personal info.

I'm glad it was a workshop for the disabled. Hitler would be rolling in his grave if he knew!

Someone should put cameras at the front door, and set up a website to shame any skinhead scum who go visit that place by posting their photo. Maybe offer a reward to anyone who can identify them and post their personal info.
Its a big thing for them to visit Auschwitz apparently. Perhaps the war never finished.

Its a big thing for them to visit Auschwitz apparently. Perhaps the war never finished.
Apparently Nazi's are working on a comeback and there are groups just waiting for the chance to act. Ask Lucy she's involved in the movement.

Apparently Nazi's are working on a comeback and there are groups just waiting for the chance to act. Ask Lucy she's involved in the movement.

"Ask Lucy she's involved in the movement."

:confused-84:

"Maybe offer a reward to anyone who can identify them and post their personal info."

There are laws against that sort of thing. So you're what, advocating that people break the law and commit violence upon people, if not the latter why would you suggest it's okay to post peoples' personal information?

What a toad you are.

Yes,I believe that the plan is to restore the Holy Roman Empire and that Jews ,Muslims and any non whites will be gassed or disposed of in an economic way.

"Maybe offer a reward to anyone who can identify them and post their personal info."

There are laws against that sort of thing. So you're what, advocating that people break the law and commit violence upon people, if not the latter why would you suggest it's okay to post peoples' personal information?

What a toad you are.
Are there laws against it? It's called getting doxxed. Happens all the time. I don't recall anyone getting punished for it.

Forum List

Back