Australia to issue monthly fines to parents who don't vaccinate children

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
How do you feel about the U.S doing something similar?

Australian parents who refuse to vaccinate their children will now be given monthly fines

Australia has strengthened its “no jab, no pay” policy by issuing further financial sanctions to parents who refuse to vaccinate their children.

Parents will now lose A$28 (£16) a fortnight from their tax benefits for each child not up to date with their immunisations.
What does "lose $28 a fortnight from their tax benefits" mean?
I don't agree with the individual "freedom" to refuse to vaccinate your child when it has been scientifically proven over and over and over that vaccination saves lives--not only your child but the child beside him that is not immunized due to health reasons--and does not cause autism or anything else. These parents are just plain crazy and I wish someone could make them see the light.
I supported the rule that all children enrolling in public school had to be vaccinated. But of course parents who are completely retarded fought for their right to be ignorant, and to jeopardize the health of their children and the other children around them. That's what ignorant idiots do.

No freedom to not vaccinate a child exists based on our Constitution.

Australian parents who refuse to vaccinate their children will now be given monthly fines

Australia has strengthened its “no jab, no pay” policy by issuing further financial sanctions to parents who refuse to vaccinate their children.

Parents will now lose A$28 (£16) a fortnight from their tax benefits for each child not up to date with their immunisations.
I don't agree with the individual "freedom" to refuse to vaccinate your child when it has been scientifically proven over and over and over that vaccination saves lives--not only your child but the child beside him that is not immunized due to health reasons--and does not cause autism or anything else. These parents are just plain crazy and I wish someone could make them see the light.
I supported the rule that all children enrolling in public school had to be vaccinated. But of course parents who are completely retarded fought for their right to be ignorant, and to jeopardize the health of their children and the other children around them. That's what ignorant idiots do.
You’re one scary “Old Lady”; I’ll give you that...

• Banned

It seems to transcend party lines too. There are stupid people on both sides that reject proven science on this issue.

• Banned

She has survived this long for a reason. Better to not fuck with her in my opinion.

She has survived this long for a reason. Better to not fuck with her in my opinion.
Parasites often outlive their host...

Why are vaxxers so afraid of anti vaxxers? Don't they trust their vaxxing.

No, polio and diptheria and small pox are scary, Man.

But you are vaxxed and will watch the ant vaxxers disappear

I'm the family genealogist; I've only been able to go back to about 1800 and even in that time, the number of children and sometimes adults that died of diseases we now can prevent was staggering.
Mom's grandmother, who raised her, was one of eight children. Four ... count them... FOUR of her sisters died in diptheria epidemics in the course of three years. The oldest was sixteen, the youngest eight. That's just one story.
The reason the anti-vaxxers are not seeing their children die is because the vast majority of parents in this country are sensible and want their children to be healthy. Those children do not catch and spread the disease to the unvaccinated. There is a tipping point, though, and we should not tempt it.

But you are vaxxed and will watch the ant vaxxers disappear
I don't know what you mean. I don't want to see anyone disappear. Just wise up. It seems the # of parents who have been frightened off vaccinating their children is growing. At least that is what I heard a couple years ago during the last measles outbreak. We are still marginally protected, but the more parents refuse, the more chance that unvaccinated children will start dying. The germ itself is not "gone." It is just waiting for an opportune host.

That's no fun, Confounding. LOL

Forum List

Back