Austerity and tax cuts create jobs????

Last edited:
true...

So I inadvertantly went off topic....

But I noticed how I many times brought it up how tax cuts DID create jobs...citing the examples I cited above...yet no one on the left ever responds....yet I still see the left continually post threads and comments about how the Bush tax cuts did absolutely nothing to promote hiring.....

But whatever....

Maybe it was the deficit spending that created jobs in the '00's. Maybe it was ramping up to fight 2 wars, without extracting any money from the economy to pay for them that created jobs in the '00's.

and maybe Hussein would have used WMDs by now on Israel if we did not intervene.
And maybe there would be another 9-11 type of attacvk of it were not for Bush's military policies
Maybe not......
We can say "maybe" in an effort to win any debate.....

The difference is, what I referred to actually happened. Deficits increased substantially in the '00's. What is a deficit?

A deficit occurs when you spend money - into the economy - but since you borrow the money - you don't take the cost of the spending back out of the economy.

The result is a net positive infusion of money into the economy, much of which will go directly or indirectly to pay for jobs.

Deficit spending is always stimulative to the economy, unless the spending went somewhere else.

Taxing the shit out of people and spending $1,5000,000,000,000 a year more than you have creates jobs?

Maybe it was the deficit spending that created jobs in the '00's. Maybe it was ramping up to fight 2 wars, without extracting any money from the economy to pay for them that created jobs in the '00's.

and maybe Hussein would have used WMDs by now on Israel if we did not intervene.
And maybe there would be another 9-11 type of attacvk of it were not for Bush's military policies
Maybe not......

The difference is, what I referred to actually happened. Deficits increased substantially in the '00's. What is a deficit?

A deficit occurs when you spend money - into the economy - but since you borrow the money - you don't take the cost of the spending back out of the economy.

The result is a net positive infusion of money into the economy, much of which will go directly or indirectly to pay for jobs.

Deficit spending is always stimulative to the economy, unless the spending went somewhere else.

we injected 500 billion into the economy in a matter of months and it did nothig to increase hiring...

SO I think that sort of negates your theory.....although I will admit, the theory is sound as a theory....but the stimulus proved it to be not factual.

Please go get your example in history where this has born out as true?

This implies that high Keynesian spending and taxes promote economic growth. :cuckoo:

The example would be the economic growth under the "Reagan Era" of governance: roughly, 1984 to 2000. But you wouldn't understand why that was true.

Reagan raised taxes

Taxes: What people forget about Reagan - Sep. 8, 2010

Only because the Shitbag Dems reniged on promises made in earlier budget deals that they would not.

Nice try.

So your suggestion is we go back to being an agrarian society?

With slaves, of course.

Of course not, the south was populated with southern democrats.

looks like we've got another uneducated con who's never heard of the southern strategy. why do people who don't know anything about politics care about politics? i don't get it. seriously, if you're so uninformed about politics and history that you don't know about the southern strategy, why don't you direct your attention to something else?

This implies that high Keynesian spending and taxes promote economic growth. :cuckoo:

The example would be the economic growth under the "Reagan Era" of governance: roughly, 1984 to 2000. But you wouldn't understand why that was true.

Reagan raised taxes

Taxes: What people forget about Reagan - Sep. 8, 2010

Only because the Shitbag Dems reniged on promises made in earlier budget deals that they would not.

Nice try.

Reagan possesed a veto pen.

He had final say

BTW it has nothing to do with the effects seen in the markets wether it was one party or the other that raised them

Last edited:
With slaves, of course.

Of course not, the south was populated with southern democrats.

looks like we've got another uneducated con who's never heard of the southern strategy. why do people who don't know anything about politics care about politics? i don't get it. seriously, if you're so uninformed about politics and history that you don't know about the southern strategy, why don't you direct your attention to something else?

The southern strategy. How did it differ from the northern strategy?

Maybe not......

we injected 500 billion into the economy in a matter of months and it did nothig to increase hiring...

SO I think that sort of negates your theory.....although I will admit, the theory is sound as a theory....but the stimulus proved it to be not factual.

No the world is not that simple ( you wish) you see you can lose jobs, create jobs and save jobs.

That infusion saved jobs.

You know ....kept us out of a depression

The problem I think is that tax cuts and austerity are inconsistent. Austerity usually refers to reducing the total money supply. Obviously, tax cuts that are paid for by borrowing rather than cuts in direct government spending increase the money supply-- the opposite of austerity.

If the issue we are considering is X dollars of spending cuts balanced by X dollars in tax cuts I'm sure there are times historically when that would have stimulated the economy. After all, there is some optimal level of taxation in a society. I don't think our current taxation rate falls into this category, of course.

Cutting services for the most vulnerable and cutting taxes for the wealthy is NO WAY to end a economic downturn.

It is a historically failed idea.

Show me these tax cuts. I don't see a soul advocating a reduction. Your theory has a flaw.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*HA

Like the right would not lower taxes if they could.

Cutting services for the most vulnerable and cutting taxes for the wealthy is NO WAY to end a economic downturn.

It is a historically failed idea.

Such as when?

Yes when.

You guys are the ones claiming it will work.

Show us the time in history when it worked?

You guys? are you being racist? I didn't say anything about it working. YOU said it is a historically failed idea so just point to that moment in history. No biggie.

Forum List

Back