Austerity and tax cuts create jobs????

We were also isolationist over roughly that same time period.

If we practiced the same principles that the founders did, we wouldn't be in this situation and that includes endless wars.

Sorry but this couldn't be further from the truth. The Monroe Doctrine was the genesis of our country's perpective on war.

SINCE COLONIAL TIMES we have continued to insert ourselves in conflicts and countries "in the defense of democracy." Since colonial times.

Check it:
Monroe Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry to burst your bubble...but there are no "good old days" to get back to. Each age has had myriad problems. This is what kills me about people's simplistic revisionism.

It was to defend us from foreign invasions.Spain and France were trying to take over parts of this country.
That is why it is in our constitution,our government is suppose to provide for the common defense.

If we practiced the same principles that the founders did, we wouldn't be in this situation and that includes endless wars.

Sorry but this couldn't be further from the truth. The Monroe Doctrine was the genesis of our country's perpective on war.

SINCE COLONIAL TIMES we have continued to insert ourselves in conflicts and countries "in the defense of democracy." Since colonial times.

Check it:

Sorry to burst your bubble...but there are no "good old days" to get back to. Each age has had myriad problems. This is what kills me about people's simplistic revisionism.

It was to defend us from foreign invasions.Spain and France were trying to take over parts of this country.
That is why it is in our constitution,our government is suppose to provide for the common defense.

That was the EXCUSE...but it has resulted in the US being in wars across the world ever since colonial days. Our intrusion justified by a "defense of democracy." There hasn't been an 8-year period since then that we haven't been in a military conflict. This simplistic notion that the FF's were any better at not getting into wars is childish.

We were also isolationist over roughly that same time period.

Check it:

The Monroe Doctrine was regional not global.

Want to guess how many wars Europe and Asia fought in the 19th century that we were NOT involved in?

If we lower taxes, get rid of subsidies and over regulation, and passed a balanced budget amendment (of which 74% of this country wants) we would have many more businesses starting to hire employees and also it would start new small businesses.
And also would bring back some companies from overseas.
But we do need to reform SSI,Medicare and Medicaid for the future generations.
We need to repeal The new Health Care bill because it costs to much now. What will it be like in the future?
Whenever we have put the emphasis on the private sector, rather than the government we have always prospered.

You have to cut government spending by 40% to balance the current budget.

Show me those cuts.

Show me these tax cuts. I don't see a soul advocating a reduction. Your theory has a flaw.

I am advocating tax cuts. I'm also advocating massive spending cuts.

We need to stop burdening the American people and more importantly stop burdening our children and grandchildren for our needs.

You have to cut 40% of current spending to get to balance with the current revenues. With even less revenue from your tax cuts, that number has to go up.

No majority of politicians in Washington of any stripe are going to cut our government in half. You are living in a fantasyland.

Please go get your example in history where this has born out as true?

The Roaring Twenties. All done without government assistance.

We can't make comparisons to the Reagan years because that's dwelling in the past,

but the 1920's are fair game? lol

I don't have a problem if you make a comparison with the Reagan years.

TM asked for the era of history where tax cuts and spending cuts worked. And since 1920 was the last time it was tried and we had unprecedented economic growth in that period, i referenced it.

Reagan only had half the package.

You have to cut 40% of current spending to get to balance with the current revenues. With even less revenue from your tax cuts, that number has to go up.

No majority of politicians in Washington of any stripe are going to cut our government in half. You are living in a fantasyland.

And that is precisely why we will continue to have economic and finance problems.

Yes and Hoover and Roosevelt kept us prolonged in the depression by having government as the answer and not the private sector like Coolidge did.
What got us out of the depression was WWII not their big government programs.
Which is what Obama is doing. Government is not the answer right now. The private sector is.

Do you not realize that WWII was the biggest government program ever?

Use your head.

Who produced the goods to fight the war??

Use your head.

American workers. Financed by tons of borrowed money. You want to match WWII borrowing and spending to get us out of this economic downturn?

Really? You want to borrow hundreds of billions and maybe fix every road and bridge in America, i.e., the peacetime equivalent of a WWII sized mobilization?

Really?

We can't make comparisons to the Reagan years because that's dwelling in the past,

I don't have a problem if you make a comparison with the Reagan years.

TM asked for the era of history where tax cuts and spending cuts worked. And since 1920 was the last time it was tried and we had unprecedented economic growth in that period, i referenced it.

Reagan only had half the package.

The tax cuts post WWI actually left taxes higher than they were before the war. During the war they jacked up the top rate to around 70%.

We had unprecedented demand for domestically produced goods in the 1920's as well. We don't have the prospect of any such thing nowadays.

Please go get your example in history where this has born out as true?

So... getting an example from history means not taking something from the past?

I'm sorry, Fantasyland refused my visa request. You're going to have to request one from reality and hope you get approved.

There has been loss of something like 600,000 public sector jobs since the recession began, owing to cutbacks in government spending.

You're joking, right?
Huh. In the Twin cities and regional governments, not a single government layoff has occurred that was not instantly rehired after the shutdown was over. Lost jobs? from where? Reputable links please.

Psst... Bri... I don't think fucktardia is joking.

Forum List

Back