Aussie Mateship

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_tumblr_msuv9ulSpE1rkmn99o1_400.jpg

JOEY Johns has finally broken his silence on the most embarrassing moment of his colourful footy career.

The league Immortal was recently caught kissing an unidentified man in a photo that has gone viral on social media.

Johns has now confirmed the other man is former Knights teammate Billy Peden.

The photo was taken around midnight at a wine bar owned by another former teammate, Luke Davico, in Newcastle.

Obviously, both had been enjoying more than a few beverages when the photo was taken.

“It wasn’t a tonguey,” Joey said, “It was just a gee-up … we hadn’t seen each other for ages and we’re old Cessnock boys.

“I saw a girl take the photo and asked her to delete it. Obviously she didn’t.

“The number of text messages I’ve had since you mentioned it … it’s out of control.”

The former champion half-back has been involved in more than his share of off-field incidents over the years.

None that have created more of a stir than this latest one.

“At least my wife is laughing about it,” Joey said, “I guess I’ve done a lot worse.

“If the punters want to laugh about it … good luck to them.”

Luke Davico, the owner of the wine bar, says it’s often the venue for old Knights players to catch up and reminisce about their football.

“It’s Joey being Joey,” he laughed.

“I’ll let you know next time he’s on the drink and gets a bit frisky.”

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Forum List

Back