Audit the Fed Update

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
[youtube]4tRQHsXujpo[/youtube]

Today, our battle to pass Audit the Fed through the U.S. Senate has been joined. The first shot was fired on the floor of the Senate tonight by Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina.

Senator DeMint has a well-deserved reputation for taking the battle to the other side in the Senate, and tonight he once again proved why he is such a valuable ally in our fight to bring transparency and accountability to the Federal Reserve.

Campaign For Liberty — Breaking News on Audit the Fed!

Senator Jim DeMint added the Audit the Fed bill as an amendment to another piece of legislation in the Senate and it was blocked by some Democrats I guess. Scared of transparency apparently.

Today, our battle to pass Audit the Fed through the U.S. Senate has been joined. The first shot was fired on the floor of the Senate tonight by Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina.

Senator DeMint has a well-deserved reputation for taking the battle to the other side in the Senate, and tonight he once again proved why he is such a valuable ally in our fight to bring transparency and accountability to the Federal Reserve.

Senator Jim DeMint added the Audit the Fed bill as an amendment to another piece of legislation in the Senate and it was blocked by some Democrats I guess. Scared of transparency apparently.
isnt that a bit premature?
doesnt it have to pass the house first?

It was premature for the Senate considering there are only a few co-sponsors to the actual bill in there, but I don't see why it should have to pass the House first. It's not an appropriations bill.

It was premature for the Senate considering there are only a few co-sponsors to the actual bill in there, but I don't see why it should have to pass the House first. It's not an appropriations bill.
that's true
but it still seems better if it does

Love the idea, support the idea 100%, but it'll never happen. There's too much power and money tied up in the Fed, directly and indirectly.

If it DOES happen, I'd expect the audit to be about as effective as a North Korean nuclear weapons inspection in 1995.

Love the idea, support the idea 100%, but it'll never happen. There's too much power and money tied up in the Fed, directly and indirectly.

If it DOES happen, I'd expect the audit to be about as effective as a North Korean nuclear weapons inspection in 1995.

Well if it does miraculously pass both the House and the Senate I expect Obama will veto it.

Well if it does miraculously pass both the House and the Senate I expect Obama will veto it.

And sure enough, the amendment was killed in the Senate earlier today.

And sure enough, the amendment was killed in the Senate earlier today.

As I understood it it was killed yesterday, but there's still the actual bill itself. It's got over half the House of Representatives supporting it and hopefully it will start picking up steam in the Senate as well.

As I understood it it was killed yesterday, but there's still the actual bill itself. It's got over half the House of Representatives supporting it and hopefully it will start picking up steam in the Senate as well.

Don't get your hopes up. It'll never happen.

Don't get your hopes up. It'll never happen.
exactly
i bet that many of the bills sponsors in the house wont even vote for it, should it even get a vote

exactly
i bet that many of the bills sponsors in the house wont even vote for it, should it even get a vote

Auditing the fed is right up there with "fixing social security" as far as political likelihoods go.

Don't get me wrong - I 100% support the idea, and I think it's long overdue. I'm just being realistic here.

exactly

Auditing the fed is right up there with "fixing social security" as far as political likelihoods go.

Don't get me wrong - I 100% support the idea, and I think it's long overdue. I'm just being realistic here.
thats my point
i bet some of the dems in conserative districts signed onto it knowing that it will never get to an actual vote

exactly

thats my point
i bet some of the dems in conserative districts signed onto it knowing that it will never get to an actual vote

That sort of thing happens all the time in Congress...co-sponsors of bills that don't even vote for it when it hits the floor.

I almost HOPE he does, just so everyone can see who he REALLY works for.

Forum List

Back