Attn: Veterans

What is the purpose of the information being gathered, and how is the information confirmed, and by whom ?

Purpose: To honor those who have served, to find some common ground in shared service, and to possibly reconnect with fellow unit members/shipmates.

Confirmed: It isn't. We trust in the integrity of those who have served.

Posers are almost always ultimately found out.

US Army

1st Squadron, 2nd ACR, '86-'89

2acr.gif

:clap2:

I did a tour with the 2-2nd ACR, for 60 days....we were a Bradley unit from the 3rd ID, we had a kick as time actually, GAK's...:lol:. I am straining to think of the friggin camp we used, it was close to an east bloc burg called Blankenberg? burg whatever...I think thats it...sorry, 2 months of 12 years, my memories half fried on those details...I do remember watching from a height into the town and asking why everyone lined up at a storefront hut type structure every Wednesday? ....it was meat ration day.....unreal.

I had, till a few years ago a metal plaque demarcating the east west border ( which actually was over the border) we used an axe to get it off the poles...:lol:

Branch: Heyl Ha'Avir, Helicopter Air Group under Aluf Ido Nehoshtan / Heil HaHinuh VeHaNo'ar, Education and Youth Corps under Ta'al Eli Shermayster and Ta'al Ilan Harari

Date/s: 2005 to 2014

Unit: 124 Rolling Sword Squadron, 30th Airbase, Rishon LeTsiyon / Hasbara, Education and Information Division

Other info: Tironut at Bahad 4, Ashkelon, certified Rifleman 04
OT at Bahad 1, Mitzpe Ramon
Home Front Command, SAR at Bahad 16, Tzrifin

Milhemet Levanon HaShniya, 2006, Mivtza Gishmey Kayitz, 2006, Mivtza Horef Ham, 2008, Mivtza Oferet Yetzuka, 2008-2009

Branch: Heyl Ha'Avir, Helicopter Air Group under Aluf Ido Nehoshtan / Heil HaHinuh VeHaNo'ar, Education and Youth Corps under Ta'al Eli Shermayster and Ta'al Ilan Harari

Date/s: 2005 to 2014

Unit: 124 Rolling Sword Squadron, 30th Airbase, Rishon LeTsiyon / Hasbara, Education and Information Division

Other info: Tironut at Bahad 4, Ashkelon, certified Rifleman 04
OT at Bahad 1, Mitzpe Ramon
Home Front Command, SAR at Bahad 16, Tzrifin

Milhemet Levanon HaShniya, 2006, Mivtza Gishmey Kayitz, 2006, Mivtza Horef Ham, 2008, Mivtza Oferet Yetzuka, 2008-2009

Now that's a mouth full.

You were in helicopters and education?

What country did you serve in?

What a "Seren"?

Last edited:
Just saw this thread -

Hello - Vet here!

Actually, career service member. Over 20 (lifer)

I am not going to share duty stations, MOS all that stuff.

I don't like to put out too much on the Internet on a personal basis.

One never knows.

If anyone wants to chat PM - go for it.

Vets know vets - so I got yer number posers!!! LOL!

Anyone else notice that air bases are always located next to the Grey Hound bus stations?

Not Vandenberg, Vandenberg was in the middle of nowhere and 30 minutes away from the nearest grey hound station.

uh-huh

And you know how far it is from the base, why? :eusa_angel:

I had to drop my scumbag brother off there before, I learned the distance from the base to alot of places because we were literally in the middle of nowhere, once you leave the base its nothing but woods.

Not Vandenberg, Vandenberg was in the middle of nowhere and 30 minutes away from the nearest grey hound station.

uh-huh

I had to drop my scumbag brother off there before, I learned the distance from the base to alot of places because we were literally in the middle of nowhere, once you leave the base its nothing but woods.

So the government knows to keep "you people" out of sight.

whodathunkit

The Government can do something right. :razz:

uh-huh

whodathunkit

Well Vandenberg is part of Air Force Space Command so thats probably why, that base sucked balls though. I spent 4 years at Offutt AFB in Nebraska and I loved it, as soon as you leave the base your right in town and have access to everything.

whodathunkit

Well Vandenberg is part of Air Force Space Command so thats probably why, that base sucked balls though. I spent 4 years at Offutt AFB in Nebraska and I loved it, as soon as you leave the base your right in town and have access to everything.

When I was stationed on the USS Orion in La Madelleana Italy, we had to take 'cattle cars' [small boats, I actually never knew the real name] to the 2 towns that were near.

It was funny that they gave us Iso pay [isolation]. They gave us extra money to do nothing with. :lol:

whodathunkit

When I was stationed on the USS Orion in La Madelleana Italy, we had to take 'cattle cars' [small boats, I actually never knew the real name] to the 2 towns that were near.

It was funny that they gave us Iso pay [isolation]. They gave us extra money to do nothing with. :lol:

Shit we should have been getting isolation pay at Vandenberg, we were about an hour away from the nearest town that was worth a damn, and gas is so expensive in California it was hard to really get anything going.

Now that's a mouth full.

You were in helicopters and education?

What country did you serve in?

What a "Seren"?
Try saying it with a mouthful of cholent.

The Education and Youth Corps is about instruction, immigration, public relations, morale. It's basically the human resources division. The Manpower Agaf used to be called Human Resources Agaf.

I don't want to say that Seren is the equivalent of American Captain, but it's in the same neighbourhood. It's a higher level company grade.

US Army

1st Squadron, 2nd ACR, '86-'89

2acr.gif

:clap2:

I did a tour with the 2-2nd ACR, for 60 days....we were a Bradley unit from the 3rd ID, we had a kick as time actually, GAK's...:lol:. I am straining to think of the friggin camp we used, it was close to an east bloc burg called Blankenberg? burg whatever...I think thats it...sorry, 2 months of 12 years, my memories half fried on those details...I do remember watching from a height into the town and asking why everyone lined up at a storefront hut type structure every Wednesday? ....it was meat ration day.....unreal.

I had, till a few years ago a metal plaque demarcating the east west border ( which actually was over the border) we used an axe to get it off the poles...:lol:

Might the camp have been called either "Hof" or "Gates"?

Either way, you're fortunate you didn't get get slammed for being a FragRep for taking that plaque. I knew a real nice guy (but also a real moron) who had his picture taken hugging one of those East German ceremonial border stones. Big no-no. Thing is, he could have gotten away with it easily, but he left it in his wall locker instead of immediately sending it home. One health and welfare inspection later...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back