Attention Democrats of this board

Good !

I am glad the left sees us that way.

It's not just the left.

Just so I have this right.... You will over look the rampant corruption. The theft of our tax dollars, the non prosecution of criminals based on what might happen.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I don't see rampant corruption, the theft of tax dollars and "non-prosecution of criminals".

Even though I have been disappointed in Obama on domestic policy (and for his lack of testicles), I will certainly overlook my disappointment when the alternative if Romney or Gingrich who seem determined to get us into another stupid war.

It's not just the left.

Just so I have this right.... You will over look the rampant corruption. The theft of our tax dollars, the non prosecution of criminals based on what might happen.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I don't see rampant corruption, the theft of tax dollars and "non-prosecution of criminals".

Even though I have been disappointed in Obama on domestic policy (and for his lack of testicles), I will certainly overlook my disappointment when the alternative if Romney or Gingrich who seem determined to get us into another stupid war.

Fast and furious, drug smuggling, money laundering. ALL FACT

Solyndra isnt the only company to go tits up with the favored investors dont lose money policy. Again fact.

There is much more. But if you wont rally to the defense of justice. Your moral compass cant be fixed.

First time voter here for 2012.... What has Obama done that should make me vote at all (since I feel the Republican field is weak).

An anecdote.

I felt Al Gore didn't warrant my vote in 2000. So I wrote in "Harry Truman". Then we got that disaster George W. Bush for eight years.

That's when I had a magical revelation.

When it comes to elections in this country (and especially the presidency), you aren't voting for someone. You are voting against the other guy.

I am voting for Obama because the GOP field is fucking scary. The GOP unto itself is fucking scary.

I thought about writing in someone just for the humor factor, but examples of why the GOP is scary?

If you are going to write in someone just for the humor factor, you may as well just sit the election out because you are essentially wasting your vote. There isn't any name election officials would find humorous that you could write in that hasn't been written in before.

geauxtohell is right. In our two-party system, elections often boil down to which candidate is worse than the other. Don't let that discourage you. Take pride in the fact that you are able to vote and remember that people have fought long, bloody wars in order to get that right to vote which far too many of us in this country take for granted.

To answer your question, if you haven't done so already, google "what has Obama done for me lately" and read the facts from credible news sources. All you're going to get here is pretty much opinion and half-truths with a few facts here and there. But since you asked, here's my opinion:

Financially, I think Obama got handed a huge pile of crap for an economy and his administration has managed to keep it from getting worse. There are now positive signs today that the economy is improving. Personally, I had a pretty good year this year compared to the last two and I'm looking forward to a good year again in 2012.

Socially, Obama managed to rescind DADT. That is important to me. He and the Democrats also managed to change the health care system in America, even though nobody really got what they wanted. The system was broken and it is still broken but maybe, because of the change, it will improve. Time will tell. But one thing is for sure, sitting around complaining of a broken system and not doing anything about it is just plain dumb.

Finally, Obama and his team managed to eliminate the worst terrorist the world has seen, along with many of Osama's henchmen.

On the Republican side, Gingrich comes with far too much baggage to make him a viable candidate. Romney is the closest thing to a reasonable candidate but he has as much charisma as Gore, Dole, Kerry or McCain and he flip-flops on everything. Ron Paul, while I agree with some of the things he says, there's something about his voice....I just don't think I could listen to him speak for 4 years. Shallow, I know but everytime he speaks I just get annoyed. The rest of the candidates are so far out in right-field, everything that comes out of their mouth's is ridiculous.

Soooo, that's pretty much why Obama is getting my vote next year.

First time voter here for 2012.... What has Obama done that should make me vote at all (since I feel the Republican field is weak).

lazy assed punk. don't vote.

WillowTree of the Right is a prime example of why your vote counts and matters.

The youth of this nation exercising their constitutional rights scares the hell out of them. Just go and read the posts about OWS.

They want you out of the picture.

So vote just to piss them off.

Or to at least try and entice them to give a shit about you.

The youth of this nation exercising their constitutional rights scares the hell out of them. Just go and read the posts about OWS.

Yep. Look at their reaction to the Ron Paul voters, who are predominately 'idealist' youth. Regardless of who you vote for in the general, you should register Republican and vote for RP in the primaries. Send a message to the powers-that-be opposing the warfare state (if indeed you are of that mindset).

Just the fact that you felt the need to register speaks volumes, Mosten.

:welcome:

Was it because you think Obama needs 4 more years or becase you think he should be ousted?

1. Lowered your taxes.
2. Fixed economy.
3. Killed Bin Laden.
4. Obamacare.
5. Ended war in Iraq.

Solyndra isnt the only company to go tits up with the favored investors dont lose money policy. Again fact.

There is much more. But if you wont rally to the defense of justice. Your moral compass cant be fixed.[/QUOTE]

Uh huh. You guys have been bitching about this for four solid months. I guess I'll have to continue to wait to be impressed.

You can search out my earlier comments on F&F if you care.

1. Lowered your taxes.
2. Fixed economy.
3. Killed Bin Laden.
4. Obamacare.
5. Ended war in Iraq.

Bankrupting SS
Killing the economy
Finally gave Penetta the OK after waffling for months
Raided medicare for free birth control then suspended implementation for seniors.
Followed GWs get kicked out of Iraq plan.

There is much more. But if you wont rally to the defense of justice. Your moral compass cant be fixed.

Uh huh. You guys have been bitching about this for four solid months. I guess I'll have to continue to wait to be impressed.

You can search out my earlier comments on F&F if you care.[/QUOTE]

I understand democrats can do no wrong in your eyes, even if it kills citizens.

Yep. Look at their reaction to the Ron Paul voters, who are predominately 'idealist' youth. Regardless of who you vote for in the general, you should register Republican and vote for RP in the primaries. Send a message to the powers-that-be opposing the warfare state (if indeed you are of that mindset).

No fucking way I am going to vote for someone who adheres to a strict "States Rights" mentality.

"States Rights" has been a bastion for some of the biggest atrocities in our history from Slavery to Civil Rights and now to allowing homosexuals to marry.

The "states" aren't always right.

No fucking way I am going to vote for someone who adheres to a strict "States Rights" mentality.

"States Rights" has been a bastion for some of the biggest atrocities in our history from Slavery to Civil Rights and now to allowing homosexuals to marry.

You seem to be missing the point of states rights entirely. It's that very fact, that government isn't always right, that makes the diversity implied by states rights so important. Centralizing control at the federal level commits us all to one course, no matter how wrong it may be.

So ya move to another one.
Free enterprise at it's biggest (notice I didn't say best)
:eusa_shhh:

This thread is full of PANDERING FAIL.

I see the left are acting like piranhas with this new member because he is clearly uninformed in politics.

Secondly this poster starts off claiming to be republican but wanting SOMEONE ELSE to tell him to vote for Obama.

What a bunch of stupid nonsense.

You seem to be missing the point of states rights entirely. It's that very fact, that government isn't always right, that makes the diversity implied by states rights so important. Centralizing control at the federal level commits us all to one course, no matter how wrong it may be.

Yeah. It should be up to the states to designate who can drink where based on skin color.

This thread is full of PANDERING FAIL.

I see the left are acting like piranhas with this new member because he is clearly uninformed in politics.

Secondly this poster starts off claiming to be republican but wanting SOMEONE ELSE to tell him to vote for Obama.

What a bunch of stupid nonsense.
*ahem*
Says the first person to reply

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back