Attention Democrats!!! Gun Control is a FAILURE!!!

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
By now you all know I'm a pretty left-leaning individual. And I take pride in that. But I'm going to use that now to confront my fellow lefties.

This nation will never get rid of its guns. We are FAR more populous than ANY nation you can cite that has successfully gotten rid of guns.

If you try to do that here you have to figure out how to confiscate 200 million+ guns. Look up any source on google. It will confirm that number.

Background checks? I fully support that but it still won't stop the bad guys from getting guns. And gun-free zones will still be the safest place for criminals to go with guns of their own.

If I had my way gunpowder would've never been invented. But that's a fantasy world. If you're afraid that someone will come at you with a gun, then consider owning one of your own.

By now you all know I'm a pretty left-leaning individual. And I take pride in that. But I'm going to use that now to confront my fellow lefties.

This nation will never get rid of its guns. We are FAR more populous than ANY nation you can cite that has successfully gotten rid of guns.

If you try to do that here you have to figure out how to confiscate 200 million+ guns. Look up any source on google. It will confirm that number.

Background checks? I fully support that but it still won't stop the bad guys from getting guns. And gun-free zones will still be the safest place for criminals to go with guns of their own.

If I had my way gunpowder would've never been invented. But that's a fantasy world. If you're afraid that someone will come at you with a gun, then consider owning one of your own.

Well, that's it then.
It's really hard do so why bother trying...Homer Simpson's philosophy really.

Well, that's it then.
What's really hard? Confiscating all those guns?

Why do you want to do that?

What percentage of the American electorate, in your opinion, is in favor of a complete gun ban?

The OP needs to begin with clarification regarding who he is talking to.

Well, that's it then.

I don't.
It would be nice if something was done to stop the deaths of innocents.
Why do you think that the only form of gun control is a ban?

I don't support banning all guns. I support a ban on assault weapons, magazine limits, the closing of any loopholes that allow criminals who are banned from possessing guns to purchase or get their hands on them, universal background checks, permits/licenses and aptitude testing for all weapons, and any common sense approach in helping to alleviate unnecessary gun violence.

If you're a law abiding citizen the government might, just might, let you exercise a right after you jump through a bunch of ever changing bureaucratic hoops.

Gee, what could possibly go wrong?

Don't forget Libberhoids - schools, the Navy Yard, shopping malls - all Gun Free Zones - morons!!

We have gun control? Think we'd need some in order to state it's a failure. The numbers of guns prove we do not.

Well, that's it then.

I don't.
It would be nice if something was done to stop the deaths of innocents.
Why do you think that the only form of gun control is a ban?

Because criminals don't obey gun laws.

Most people wot decry "assault rifles" have no idea what an assault rifle is.

But then since they have no ideas of their own - only parrot the liberal talking points - about anything I would venture we ought not be surprised.

Gun control is a failure?

murders and violent crimes have dropped 50% in Britain since they banned handguns.

looks like gun control does work.

Most people wot decry "assault rifles" have no idea what an assault rifle is.

But then since they have no ideas of their own - only parrot the liberal talking points - about anything I would venture we ought not be surprised.

i support nation-wide CCW and requiring permits to buy a handgun.

i support universal background checks.

i support limiting handgun purchases to one a month.

...but even I understand that assault weapons bans are stupid, as they are responsible for less than 4% of yearly murders.

and putting a pistol grip on my 10/22 doesn't make it an assault weapon.

Forum List

Back