"atlas shrugged" will change the face of american politics

....the major criticism I have of "Atlas" is that the characters are indeed caricatures. Unlike you, I recognize that this was intentional on the part of Rand.

of course all this does is highlight how pathetically foolish you are. It is caricature:

a picture, description, or imitation of a person or thing in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect.

Ayn Rand herself did not intend her caricatures to be taken as comedic, so we are left with grotesque effect.

Certainly she didn't expect people like you to take John Galt as a grotesque caricature of a hero? Or like Bible study dolts do you subscribe to a cafeteria style on interpretation of Rand novels where Rand secretly speaks to you on which parts are mythic and which parts are reality based? You can't have it all ways.

Your hero worship is no different than what Ayn Rand herself despised most -- cultism with a tinge of religiosity

of course all this does is highlight how pathetically foolish you are. It is caricature:

a picture, description, or imitation of a person or thing in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect.

Ayn Rand herself did not intend her caricatures to be taken as comedic, so we are left with grotesque effect.

Certainly she didn't expect people like you to take John Galt as a grotesque caricature of a hero? Or like Bible study dolts do you subscribe to a cafeteria style on interpretation of Rand novels where Rand secretly speaks to you on which parts are mythic and which parts are reality based? You can't have it all ways.

Your hero worship is no different than what Ayn Rand herself despised most -- cultism with a tinge of religiosity

Caricature need not be comedic, son.

{a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of persons or things:}

Caricature Define Caricature at Dictionary.com

Characters such as "Cuffy Meigs" were intentional composites of attributes written into an exaggerated presentation. This is a literary device to make a point.

Oh, my "hero worship" of Rand? :lmao:

Sometimes I think you are a parody of a mindless lefty...

Dante has looked up 'moron' and the photo caption was:
29100.jpg

bripat9643

Only a moron would think that was a picture of me.

1) Caricature need not be comedic, son.

{a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of persons or things:}

Caricature Define Caricature at Dictionary.com

1a) Characters such as "Cuffy Meigs" were intentional composites of attributes written into an exaggerated presentation. This is a literary device to make a point.

Oh, my "hero worship" of Rand? :lmao:

Sometimes I think you are a parody of a mindless lefty...

1) "Caricature need not be comedic, son." What did you NOT understand: "Ayn Rand herself did not intend her caricatures to be taken as comedic, so we are left with grotesque effect."

1a) you still don't get it.

Your defense of Rand borders on hero worship. You even live in a world where you remember all the characters, both major and minor of her novels. that is :cuckoo: when you insist you are not what you are. Maybe it is you Uncensored2008 as a caricature that is an intentional composite of attributes?

1) "Caricature need not be comedic, son." What did you NOT understand: "Ayn Rand herself did not intend her caricatures to be taken as comedic, so we are left with grotesque effect."

What I don't understand is why you can't read? :dunno:

Though you cherry picked, I provided you a definition which offered more than the list you seek to limit us to.

Your defense of Rand borders on hero worship. You even live in a world where you remember all the characters, both major and minor of her novels. that is :cuckoo: when you insist you are not what you are. Maybe it is you Uncensored2008 as a caricature that is an intentional composite of attributes?

Rand is an enemy of the party. The party is all, those who are enemy must be attacked..

You are an absurdity, not to be taken seriously.

Though you cherry picked, I provided you a definition which offered more than the list you seek to limit us to.

Rand is an enemy of the party. The party is all, those who are enemy must be attacked..

us? who is this us? The Randian Collective? :laugh2:

Step 2: Reason and Logic
I identify the method by which true knowledge is acquired.
Knowledge is awareness of reality, i.e., of what there is. I have knowledge when I am aware of something real. But since it is logically impossible for me to be aware of anything unreal, it follows that the proper way to acquire knowledge is to use logic.

Put in another way, my capacity to use logic is called reason. When I am reasoning in accordance with reality, I acquire new knowledge.

Logic is that method of thinking which is in accordance with reality.​

Become an Objectivist in Ten Easy Steps

:boobies:

He didn't use the word "us." Check what I said about mental illness. Hearing voices in your head is another symptom. Also, visceral hatred of people for no apparent reason is another.

Step 2: Reason and Logic
I identify the method by which true knowledge is acquired.
Knowledge is awareness of reality, i.e., of what there is. I have knowledge when I am aware of something real. But since it is logically impossible for me to be aware of anything unreal, it follows that the proper way to acquire knowledge is to use logic.

Put in another way, my capacity to use logic is called reason. When I am reasoning in accordance with reality, I acquire new knowledge.

Logic is that method of thinking which is in accordance with reality.​

Become an Objectivist in Ten Easy Steps

:boobies:

Are you thinking your post is some kind of meaningful argument in this discussion?

He didn't use the word "us." Check what I said about mental illness. Hearing voices in your head is another symptom. Also, visceral hatred of people for no apparent reason is another.
"Though you cherry picked, I provided you a definition which offered more than the list you seek to limit us..."

Q: What's two plus two?

A: Whatever Ayn Rand said it was.

Q: What's two plus two?

A: Ayn Rand said it was "four," but she never followed up on her own groundbreaking insight. Now, thanks to the work of David Kelley, we're finally able to verify her result independently and give it the attention it deserves.

Forum List

Back