Atheists increasingly uneducated...

Not surprised.

People think Atheism is to attack religion and that it is a religion itself.
Like my thread. I don't go out attacking people. I made that thread to share why it is bad. If you don't want to read it, then don't. Nobody is forcing you.

You cry about atheists attacking your religion, right after you say you're "not surprised" atheists are increasingly uneducated (which of course is wrong).

The old "I'll attack everyone but not one is allowed to attack me" mindset.

Go ahead. Attack me for not believing in anything. (Doubt you'll accomplish anything though)
Even by your response, you think Atheism is a religion. It's not. People who think that it is or it's an anti-religion thing are wrong.

Now about this "I'll attack everyone but not one is allowed to attack me" thing you said.
First of all, I don't attack others on here. Anything I have said or claimed has been backed up with proof. How can it be "attacking" when it's the truth?

Ignorance is the problem here. But why argue when you show it too?

No, it says that specific group of people are non-believers.

The smartest people in society, and down through the ages, have traditionally been believers.

As have been the most successful people in society.

That specific group being scientists, scientists with many different backgrounds and mathematicians.

I have studies backing what I say, can I see a study backing what you say that "the smartest and most successful people in society are believers?"

Being a believer doesn't make someone dumb, but not many people in the scientific fields are going to be able to listen to someone say "read this book that says snakes can talk, people can survive inside whales, and one time this guy built a ship with T-Rex's and moo cows on it and sailed around" and then be told to take everything in the book as fact, including whether or not a god exists.

The T-rexs were one of things the Lord was trying to eliminate with the flood. It was not a "snake", some believe it was a "dragon" (found to be sly and talkative in most cultures around the world). Jonah is one of the funniest books you will ever read; spoiled brat, meet your Better.

Faith and intelligence are about as related as shoe size and favorite color.

Anybody that tries to link the two are obviously insecure in their on 'beliefs' and/or intellect.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

That may be so, but, you can pretty much be certain if there is a LACK of faith, there is going to be a LACK of intelligence. It might be because if you don't believe in something, you have no foundation.

Anybody that tries to link the two are obviously insecure in their on 'beliefs' and/or intellect.

That may be so, but, you can pretty much be certain if there is a LACK of faith, there is going to be a LACK of intelligence. It might be because if you don't believe in something, you have no foundation.

My summary of these 2 posts :

mani : a is not related to b

logical4u : that may be so, but a is related to b

:lol:

that makes no sense at all to me.

that makes no sense at all to me.
Because it doesn't make sense at all.

It does make sense. It doesn't make sense to those who have faith in nothing because you don't recognize the value of ... values.

I have faith in proven people and facts.
I have been told by 2 preachers that I have higher values than most of their congregations.
Yes I am an atheist, but have religious friends including preachers and even some Doctors at the local theological seminary.
Yoiu are not dealing in reality if you think that becuase one does not believe in God that they have no values or their values are lower than those held by most christians.
True Christians are wonderful people, those who use religion for their own purposes are scum.

I have no faith in politicians, religions, etc.

Last edited:
I didn't say that ot nbelieving in God means you don't have values.

But for the most part, people who feel compelled to demonize, ridicule and tear down Christians definitely suffer from a lack of values...honesty being the primary value they lack. I don't know if that is you or not.

Last edited:
Skepticism is a much better foundation for knowledge (intelligence) than faith. Faith is a great foundation for making shit up when you don't have an explanation.

I didn't say that ot nbelieving in God means you don't have values.

But for the most part, people who feel compelled to demonize, ridicule and tear down Christians definitely suffer from a lack of values...honesty being the primary value they lack. I don't know if that is you or not.

Tear down Real Christians never.
On honesty, I have been lied to by preachers.

Tear down ones who use the religion for their own purposes? hell yeah and enjoy it.
Pick on the aspects of religious christianity that harm others? Damn straight!
Thank god I am an atheist.
;)

For an example of one on here I consider a real Christian look at Care4all.

Last edited:
See, that's what I'm talking about. Dishonesty.

You're the one who started this thread by citing one of the most dishonest opinion pieces I've ever read. Now either you were duped by the dishonesty of the author of the article, or you are complicit in the dishonesty. Either way, it doesn't bode well for you.

Uhhh no it isn't arrogance, if someone is uneducated they're uneducated.

Uneducated doesn't mean stupid though.

I know people who have singly read more books than 10 college pukes combined. They are better educated than any modern college student I have ever met.

Lol okie dokie, are you another one of these "colleges are full of nothing but liberal professors and that makes all the students of them tainted and stupid" types?

That's quite an assumption. I'm of the mind that I can get just as good of an education at the library without paying 20K a year or more for tuition.

My problem with college is not the politics of a professor but more the penchant to grade on a curve so no one fails.

Tell me who is more educated the guy who has read every book that a college puke has read and actually understands the subject matter or dome dumb kid who rode the curve but has absolutely no clue about the subject matter?

Forum List

Back